Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:44:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin should raise when Ruble fall, No ?  (Read 974 times)
YoannR (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:15:53 AM

Hello everyone !

Here is (was) my point of vue:

The ruble collapsed. A Russian who would sell his rubles against bitcoins the time of the fall of the ruble would avoid losing its money.
And, sa a consequence, the bitcoin will raise.

But the contrary is happenning !
I don't understand why.

Thanks for your answers !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:28:31 AM

The Russian market is only a tiny share of the global Bitcoin market so it's not enough to stop the Bitcoin from falling.
YoannR (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:24:32 PM

Ah, ok. I though it was very big, just after China...

So is there links between the two events, Ruble fall and bitcoin fall ?

What I heard is Ruble is falling because petrol price is falling and Europe want to decresase their trades with Russia.
But I didn't find information about the bitcoin fall, do we know why is it falling ?

Thanks in advance.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:42:58 PM

Ah, ok. I though it was very big, just after China...

So is there links between the two events, Ruble fall and bitcoin fall ?

What I heard is Ruble is falling because petrol price is falling and Europe want to decresase their trades with Russia.
But I didn't find information about the bitcoin fall, do we know why is it falling ?

Thanks in advance.

Russian economy and oil are well connected, lower oil price is not in the benefit of Russia.

I think oil takes probably 20to30% of their total economy, so imagine what will happen if the oil price stays this low.

As far as Bitcoin goes, I think it's the lower difficulty that causes the price to go down.

Miners have more income due to lower difficulty thus there are more coins on the market.
youngmike

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:55:30 PM

I think it makes gold more valuable  Smiley
Darude Sandstorm

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 03:24:47 PM

I can see your logic but just because the Ruble is collapsing doesn't mean people are automatically going to buy bitcoin (though some may). They could also buy USD or something as well.

tatu

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:34:03 PM

As much as I love bitcoin transfering your wealth from one unstable currency to another isn't such a good idea, though maybe bitcoin will do better in the long run but some people cannot afford to take that chance.
YoannR (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:55:17 PM

I agree with you Darude, it is safer to buy dollars than bitcoin for most people Smiley

Thank you 1Referee for your answer, so the last thing to be explained is: why the difficulty decrease ?

It's mean less people are seeking bitcoins, but why?

An explanation could be that there is a lot of mining farms in Russia and because the electricity is getting more exepensive (that is to be confirmed), it is not profitable for them to continue to mine bitcoins. So less seekers means cheaper bitcoins for the ones continuing to mine and the bitcoin decrease.

What do you think ?
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:06:24 PM

No, ruble is Russian currency, which is mainly used in Russia. In international Forex market main currency are USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, CAD, JPY and others. And also BTC users in Russia I think is not so many
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: