Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:52:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold to the moon  (Read 6671 times)
BaselessBitcoin

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:07:33 PM

Unfortunately gold's real world utility has been decreasing in the industrial world, which is where it derrives a great majority of its value.  It's value now really only hingest on jewelry and its 'traditional' use.  India is probably one of its biggest markets.  I don't really foresee any great sustained bullish sentiment for the foreseeable future, unless the feds announce something catastrophic (qe3 did not do much if anything to help the prices).

It is always a good idea to have gold on hand. Go to any modern country on  the planet and you can barter with gold. Institutions might not accept gold but individuals will always accept it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:49:10 AM

Unfortunately gold's real world utility has been decreasing in the industrial world, which is where it derrives a great majority of its value.  It's value now really only hingest on jewelry and its 'traditional' use.  India is probably one of its biggest markets.  I don't really foresee any great sustained bullish sentiment for the foreseeable future, unless the feds announce something catastrophic (qe3 did not do much if anything to help the prices).

It is always a good idea to have gold on hand. Go to any modern country on  the planet and you can barter with gold. Institutions might not accept gold but individuals will always accept it.

I have a bit of gold and silver, but not that much.  Yes, I do agree it's great for a rainy day...but I'm not quite as bullish long term as many others may be.  Might be another few decades before we ever see them hit those record prices again, if ever.
Troonetpt

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 09:28:07 AM

Soon global stock market which is completely priced out of it's fundamentals with the free loan money printed by central banks, is going to crash and
dumb money running to precious metals  Smiley
It's seems the gold will not go to moon because of the strong dollar.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:08:57 PM

Soon global stock market which is completely priced out of it's fundamentals with the free loan money printed by central banks, is going to crash and

The Dollar will likely tank when the FED will need to create a lot more Dollars to sustain assets prices and a US economy based on unhealthy imbalances.
BaselessBitcoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:59:10 PM

The Dollar will likely tank when the FED will need to create a lot more Dollars to sustain assets prices and a US economy based on unhealthy imbalances.

The dollar won't ever tank. Most people think it is valuated through the fed and others but really it is backed by the most expensive military ever. Oh yea america can put econ sanctions on many this has value. As long as a govt with these things is using the dollar the dollar won't be tanking any time soon.
hd060053

Activity: 601
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:51:24 PM

EUR is tanking hard, look at the gold value in EUR.

The value increase in the last days is one of the biggest in the last 20 years (look on chart).
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:30:36 AM

The dollar won't ever tank. Most people think it is valuated through the fed and others but really it is backed by the most expensive military ever. Oh yea america can put econ sanctions on many this has value. As long as a govt with these things is using the dollar the dollar won't be tanking any time soon.

The dollar will never go below a thousand millies hundred millies five millies.
tyrexs

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:59:35 AM

gold strong last 3 weeks and many investor look back to invesment in gold. i guess

flipstyle

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:25:07 AM

gold strong last 3 weeks and many investor look back to invesment in gold. i guess

Have no idea what's going on, charts tend to indicate overbought, but precious metals have been steadily going up and showing bullish signals.  A break and hold above $18 could be big for silver. 
Valta Crypto

Activity: 243

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 07:42:16 AM

Should I sell my gold now (/buy euros) or still wait until ECB easing starts?
dmugetsu

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:08:40 PM

Gold is the real investment

Because it has been established long long ago and people love it
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:12:31 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndshbH3qZ6Y
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:16:28 PM

Go gold go! Your the bitcoin of metals.  Cheesy

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Wilford01Brennan

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 12:33:55 PM

I think there?s still more room to the upside for the yellow metal. I don't preach 100% in gold but consider holding some yellow metal, similar to an insurance policy, in your portfolio.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 03:18:54 PM

Should I sell my gold now (/buy euros) or still wait until ECB easing starts?

You are not joking are you when you said you are going to sell your gold for euro?Huh

Ziustag

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 05:06:32 PM

Could rise now or in 4-6 month I think.
bigkahuna

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:25:01 PM

Naturally! How many people do you here say, "what the hell is Gold"? All demographics understand how to invest in Gold.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:31:45 PM

Naturally! How many people do you here say, "what the hell is Gold"? All demographics understand how to invest in Gold.

True, but I heard it was a ponzi and is not backed by anything!  Grin

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:33:42 PM

The dollar will probably not tank in our lifetimes.. or at least when we are all old as fuck. I dont think we can live with the notion "the dollar is going to tank soon".
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:16:38 PM

you are simply simply crazy my friend , if gold ever goes to the moon , we'll just have crazy scientists ruining it by printing gold.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: