Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:31:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why you need to stay away from Purse.IO  (Read 1424 times)
m3 (OP)

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 06:21:42 PM

http://www.btcfeed.net/news/need-stay-away-purse-io/

it has come to our attention, that a customer was visited by local law enforcement and was charged with  fraud and computer fraud as a result of receiving some items bought through the platform. STAY AWAY! use gyft instead.

NarC

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

BitcoinStoreStarter.com

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 06:26:00 PM

Yikes, I was planning on using them for the holidays, thanks for the heads up.

kaurdump

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:44:02 PM

http://www.btcfeed.net/news/need-stay-away-purse-io/

it has come to our attention, that a customer was visited by local law enforcement and was charged with  fraud and computer fraud as a result of receiving some items bought through the platform. STAY AWAY! use gyft instead.

Always check bitspender.io first, there is a 10% GC discount going on right now.

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:45:04 PM

but the push for using gyft makes this it suspicious.
krunox123

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 04:29:04 AM

Thanks for the heads up Smiley

Life sucks.
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:30:14 PM

Interesting news article but the whole redirecting people to a competitor kind of hurts your original thought. I used purse.io back in the day (when it was first started) and had no problems. I stopped using it a few months in when there was too much competition (I was mainly a buyer who gave btc for the discounted amazon goods). It seems a lot of fraud appears on the website now.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:39:43 PM

Interesting news article but the whole redirecting people to a competitor kind of hurts your original thought. I used purse.io back in the day (when it was first started) and had no problems. I stopped using it a few months in when there was too much competition (I was mainly a buyer who gave btc for the discounted amazon goods). It seems a lot of fraud appears on the website now.

Gyft is an entirely different business though. Gyft resells its own gift cards, so it is clear where the cards originate from. On the other hand, Purse.IO simply acts as a middleman to connect buyers and sellers, and the origin of the discounted Amazon credits available may be uncertain.
Inotanewbie

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

www.CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 06:22:37 AM

Gyft is an entirely different business though. Gyft resells its own gift cards, so it is clear where the cards originate from. On the other hand, Purse.IO simply acts as a middleman to connect buyers and sellers, and the origin of the discounted Amazon credits available may be uncertain.
This is true. With gyft there is a chance that you are buying goods via a stolen credit card. In exchange for that risk you generally will get a larger discount (~10%+ verses only 3% on gyft).

Purse seems to be improving their methods of preventing people from buying large amounts of bitcoin via their platform with stolen credit cards via the limiting of how many and how big of purchases they can make

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: