Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:04:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Have you submitted payment for your ASIC order?
Yes - 24 (36.4%)
No - 21 (31.8%)
I placed more than one order and paid for both/all of them - 11 (16.7%)
I placed more than one order, paid for at least one, but haven't paid for all - 7 (10.6%)
I placed more than one order but haven't paid for any of them - 3 (4.5%)
Total Voters: 66

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Poll] Did you pay when you ordered your ASIC?  (Read 1277 times)
the joint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 07:24:35 AM

When answering this poll, answer 'yes' or 'no' only if you placed one order.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 07:27:59 AM

Id rather spend the money on dividend yielding shares than give myself cancer by handing money to bfl Smiley

the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 07:30:58 AM

Id rather spend the money on dividend yielding shares than give myself cancer by handing money to bfl Smiley

Well for us total morons that did place an order, I'm interested to see the results given that the shipping order is dependent upon submitted payment.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 07:35:31 AM

Well for us total morons that did place an order, I'm interested to see the results given that the shipping order is dependent upon submitted payment.

I would say there is a lot if only because some exchanges were slow and coins sent to bitpay might not have got there in  time, as was posted on another thread.

the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 08:15:55 AM

I would say there is a lot if only because some exchanges were slow and coins sent to bitpay might not have got there in  time, as was posted on another thread.

I just wonder how many chose the wire transfer option in hopes of a chargeback in the event that BFL misses their target shipping dates by a wide margin.  I haven't seen anyone claim that BFL has sent them wire instructions yet.
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 08:25:19 AM

I just wonder how many chose the wire transfer option in hopes of a chargeback in the event that BFL misses their target shipping dates by a wide margin.

It is not possible to charge back a wire transfer.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 08:26:28 AM

I just wonder how many chose the wire transfer option in hopes of a chargeback in the event that BFL misses their target shipping dates by a wide margin.

...You can't dispute it?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 08:28:53 AM

Completely wrong. It is absolutely possible to charge back a wire transfer, even internationally. It happens daily and it's the reason bitcoin exchanges are becoming less and less profitable.

ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 08:30:51 AM

It's not possible. At least not in Germany.

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!
dave3

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 08:31:08 AM

I just wonder how many chose the wire transfer option in hopes of a chargeback in the event that BFL misses their target shipping dates by a wide margin.  I haven't seen anyone claim that BFL has sent them wire instructions yet.

Nope, no wiring instructions yet, so I can't pay yet.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 08:31:15 AM

SEPA?

Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 08:56:39 AM

AFAIK, you can chargeback a wire transfer on the grounds that it wasn't initiated by you (there also needs to be evidence suggesting this). You cannot dispute a wire transfer on the grounds that the seller didn't send the products/not as described.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 09:00:36 AM

AFAIK, you can chargeback a wire transfer on the grounds that it wasn't initiated by you (there also needs to be evidence suggesting this). You cannot dispute a wire transfer on the grounds that the seller didn't send the products/not as described.

Right. It happens daily though and people constantly claim their bank accounts were hijacked and get money sent back to them from the exchange's company accounts. Why do you think so many exchanges are going out of business? Wire transfers are the devil. The only thing more shady and dangerous is SMS payments and Credit cards. There is a need for a digital > digital irreversible payment method like MintChip.

ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 09:11:15 AM

SEPA?
No, national wire transfer. I got scammed on ebay and called my bank, said there is no way to revert this transfer. Got my money back from eBay "buyer protection" so I didn't investigate this deeper...

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!
MXRider

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 06:04:14 PM

Some banks in Finland will cancel an international wire transfer upon request if you have solid evidence. Canceling requires that the money hasn't arrived to receivers account.

When I got scammed by someone on this forum, I contacted my bank and asked them to cancel the wire transfer. They told me that they will see if it's not too late. So it's possible under certain circumstances.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 12:18:51 AM

I would say there is a lot if only because some exchanges were slow and coins sent to bitpay might not have got there in  time, as was posted on another thread.

Probably a few. Its one way to ensure youre not short bitcoins.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: