Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:41:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the answer to life, the universe and everything 37?  (Read 5005 times)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 09:35:12 PM

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22430000.900

So you're an alien seeding primordial Earth with life. Like any creator, you sign your work. Now we may have found that signature – in the genetic code

MAXIM MAKUKOV has an idea. It's unorthodox; you might call it "out there". Makukov understands that. He knew he'd have his critics the moment he began to develop it. But it's there in the numbers, he says. And numbers don't lie.

A cosmologist and astrobiologist at the Fesenkov Astrophysical Institute in Almaty, Kazakhstan, Makukov says the numbers reveal that all terrestrial life came from outer space. Not only that, it was planted on Earth by intelligent aliens. Billions of years ago, the planet was barren and lifeless. But then, at some distant and unknowable moment, it was seeded with what Makukov calls an "intelligent-like signal" – a signal that is too orderly and intricate to have occurred ...

Unfortunately new scientist requires you to sign up, so I'll look around for a complete article on the subject but it's actually really brilliant Cheesy

p.s. ib4 creationists come along and claim it's the work of God and refuse to acknowledge the fact it might actually be aliens that made us for shits and giggles.

Damn, as usual the internet is swarmed at the moment with creationist rants so I'll have to search a bit more carefully.
cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 09:42:37 PM

Those are just rumors. Even Hitler believed those stuff.
Nazis believed that "humanity is punished by an alien race because of restlessness etc".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_UFOs

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#
 ███.   #██████████████████████████    ███,
 ████    █████████████████████████+   `███
 '███    '████████████████████████    ████
  ███;    ███████████████████████     ███;
  ████     #████████████████████     ████ 
   ███#     .██████████████████     `███+ 
   ████`      ;██████████████       ████  
    ████         '███████#.        ████.  
    .████                         █████   
     '████                       █████    
      #████'                    █████     
       +█████`                ██████      
        ,██████:           `███████       
          ████████#;,..:+████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `+███████#,               
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 09:45:08 PM

Still pretty funny though and interesting, it would explain a lot, I think an asteroid crashing us into this planet is a more likely scenario though.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:49:58 PM

Nazis believed that "humanity is punished by an alien race because of restlessness etc".

One, if not the center theme of the X files...

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:57:14 PM

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22430000.900

So you're an alien seeding primordial Earth with life. Like any creator, you sign your work. Now we may have found that signature – in the genetic code

MAXIM MAKUKOV has an idea. It's unorthodox; you might call it "out there". Makukov understands that. He knew he'd have his critics the moment he began to develop it. But it's there in the numbers, he says. And numbers don't lie.

A cosmologist and astrobiologist at the Fesenkov Astrophysical Institute in Almaty, Kazakhstan, Makukov says the numbers reveal that all terrestrial life came from outer space. Not only that, it was planted on Earth by intelligent aliens. Billions of years ago, the planet was barren and lifeless. But then, at some distant and unknowable moment, it was seeded with what Makukov calls an "intelligent-like signal" – a signal that is too orderly and intricate to have occurred ...

Unfortunately new scientist requires you to sign up, so I'll look around for a complete article on the subject but it's actually really brilliant Cheesy

p.s. ib4 creationists come along and claim it's the work of God and refuse to acknowledge the fact it might actually be aliens that made us for shits and giggles.

Damn, as usual the internet is swarmed at the moment with creationist rants so I'll have to search a bit more carefully.

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VrcO6JaMrM

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:02:29 PM

Still pretty funny though and interesting, it would explain a lot, I think an asteroid crashing us into this planet is a more likely scenario though.

Yeah...I wouldn't count on that.  Humans do not in any way fit nicely into the current evolutionary model.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 10:48:52 PM

Yeah...I wouldn't count on that.  Humans do not in any way fit nicely into the current evolutionary model.

Unless we find other sentient life, I think the evolutionary model, while pretty accurate for are planet is incomplete, simply because we know fuck all about the universe and what's actually out there.
sickhouse

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:57:27 PM

Yeah because Wikipedia is a good source for anything. Smiley
EDIT: I think this is very propable, there is obviously other life out in the wast wast universe - on or more civilazations have propably evolved millions of year ahead of us being able to plant a seed. It's a nice theory.

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 11:05:43 PM

EDIT: I think this is very propable, there is obviously other life out in the wast wast universe - on or more civilazations have propably evolved millions of year ahead of us being able to plant a seed. It's a nice theory.

I prefer it to 'because god made us' theory Tongue
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:32:02 PM

I didn't know that "life," "the Universe," and "everything" constitute questions.

If anything, I think one (1) would be closer to the answer since one (1) is analogous to a principle of identity.  Life, the Universe, and everything multiplied by one remain uniquely themselves, and yet identity is something fundamental which they all share.  One unites us, and thereby allows for relational differences.

Number philosophy is fun Smiley
SLVR4ME

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:56:10 PM

I prefer it to 'because god made us' theory Tongue

Ahhh, the "because God made us/i dont need to understand it, just keep repeating and repeating and repeating it" theory.

What could possibly be wrong with that?  Grin
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:46:47 AM

I didn't know that "life," "the Universe," and "everything" constitute questions.

If anything, I think one (1) would be closer to the answer since one (1) is analogous to a principle of identity.  Life, the Universe, and everything multiplied by one remain uniquely themselves, and yet identity is something fundamental which they all share.  One unites us, and thereby allows for relational differences.

The 37 and the questions were a reference to 42 and the great question from the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. But why do you think humans do not fit into the current evolutionary model?
cryptocoiner

Activity: 602

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 03:38:20 AM

i think it should be 1337 =)

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:03:31 AM

This idea is simply game playing. After all, where did the aliens come from? Other aliens who seeded them? And how far back did that go? Forever? Or only 37 times.

Six less than the answer in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 03:54:48 PM

The 37 and the questions were a reference to 42 and the great question from the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. But why do you think humans do not fit into the current evolutionary model?

Because many of our traits and characteristics precluded the evolutionary need for those traits and characteristics, and that's aside from the fact that there is no current definition of "species" that is Universally applicable to, and consistent with, all humans.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:43:43 PM

Because many of our traits and characteristics precluded the evolutionary need for those traits and characteristics, and that's aside from the fact that there is no current definition of "species" that is Universally applicable to, and consistent with, all humans.

Why can't Phi, 1.61803399, be that constant across species and non living things instead of 37? It is, literally, right under our nose and everywhere else.

Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 08:51:09 AM

Does evolution work that way? Isn't there less of an evolutionary need involved and more of, if a trait isn't harmful it may be retained and built upon? Traits that are maladaptive will then tend to disappear, those that aren't are kept. We didn't evolve arms because we wanted to reach out and grab things. We just didn't die more often because of their development.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 09:03:24 AM

It's also worth bearing in mind that we know fuck all about the universe outside our own galaxy so it would be incredibly arrogant to claim that there are no species like us out there, unless of course you're forgetting about apes and monkeys but of course creationists do like ignoring scientific fact don't they?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:02:54 AM

One of the most interesting yet ignored points about evolution is this. When evolution has the increased chance of happening, the things that destroy evolution increase as well. In other words, the special opportunities for evolution to have happened over millions of years (or whatever time it took) were negated back then by all the same kinds of things that negate evolution today.

Evolution is a fun thing to play with. It is a good guess on the outside of it. But when you examine the ways that things happen, there simply isn't any evolution. Not one instance of it. Everything is "kind produces kind" or "programmed in abilities to change according to climate and environment."

All the evidences for evolution can also be attributed to "kind produces kind" or "programmed in abilities to change according to climate and environment." There is not one single evidence for evolutionary change that does not include evidence for "kind produces kind" or "programmed in abilities to change according to climate and environment."

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
interlagos

Activity: 496

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:17:25 PM

The answer to everything, is of course to find the question!
"Who am I really?" might be a good start, and down the rabbit hole we go Smiley

Everything is seeded from Source - a perpetual universal oscillator, a great central Sun, a living paradox that can never settle to rest.

Regarding humans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R6bRYtYhCM
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: