Bitcoin Forum
August 29, 2024, 08:21:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex Delists 17 Coins Today  (Read 4178 times)
runpaint (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 06:30:19 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2014, 06:45:54 PM by runpaint

From Poloniex support:

"In the log I can clearly see you spamming and spreading FUD, you were warned and continued. I ask again to please re think the manner that you attempted to speak with us and put yourself in our position.

Our moderators can't chose what coins are delisted but they can make arguments with the team, if a good argument is presented to them.

We are not responsible for coins being ignored by its developers and we cannot fix problems on wallets when such thing happen, to protect our costumers we delist those coins and, despite the immediate withdrawal waring, the wallets remain running, we have no intention on keeping our costumers funds.

Best regards"

From me:

"Not only was I there when it happened, I can also review all of my statements at http://www.polonibox.com/?username=runpaint

I'll respond one more time as if you really believe what you are saying.

From the time that the coin delistings were announced, until right now, I posted about 70 messages in the trollbox.  That figure includes 37 direct responses by name to 10 separate users who had directly addressed me, and other answers to users in which I didn't address them by name.

So that leaves how many messages you're calling spam?  30?  Less than 2 for each of my coins that you delisted?  When you sell me 17 separate items and then unilaterally wreck their value the next day, I'm not allowed to say more than 1 comment on each one or I'm spamming?  

That total number of messages also includes such statements as:

"I will personally mine each of those coins if they'll just move them to XMR instead of delisting"
http://www.polonibox.com/?messageId=2364769

"Poloniex is the best exchange"
http://www.polonibox.com/?messageId=2364926

"NTX withdrawals are offline, please allow me to withdraw my coins by Dec 31st"
http://www.polonibox.com/?messageId=2365041

"thank you"
http://www.polonibox.com/?messageId=2365082

"Chickenliver, also I have been asked to immediately withdraw all of my CRYPT, and that withdrawal is also offline"
http://www.polonibox.com/?messageId=2365083

Where is the spam?  That's right, there is none.  

As for you protecting your customers because of changes in those coins, all 17 of the coins didn't change in 1 day.  Which means that if you thought you should delist them to protect customers, you waited until after I bought them and just protected other people instead.  (Protected them from me, so that I can't sell them the coin you sold me yesterday)"

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 06:57:20 PM

Bittrex, CCex, and Poloniex are bad for listing coins on a whim and delisting them when volumes drop. Best thing to do is avoid them.

AFAIK, Btc-e and Cryptsy are the only ones who don't leave their customers high and dry. Btc-e gets a lot of flack over their selection of altcoins but at least you know you can trade them tomorrow, next week, and next month.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 07:40:38 PM

On Dec. 19th, trading will close for: UTIL, DNS, SHOPX, VOOT, NTX, LOL, NAS, EBT, MON, KEY, DRKC, AEON, AUR, CRYPT, PMC, BLU. Please withdraw your coins by Dec 31st.

Posted by MobyDick at 2014-12-18 06:22:23

Is there some other news box you're talking about?   

Thought I saw that posted before. So I guess they'll be giving around 2 days or slightly less depending on when they close the markets. It is somewhat short notice, but they do give enough time to withdraw. Also they're flexible and I've seen them decide to keep quite a few coins when someone makes them aware of a good reason to keep them.
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 08:01:31 PM

Bittrex, CCex, and Poloniex are bad for listing coins on a whim and delisting them when volumes drop. Best thing to do is avoid them.

AFAIK, Btc-e and Cryptsy are the only ones who don't leave their customers high and dry. Btc-e gets a lot of flack over their selection of altcoins but at least you know you can trade them tomorrow, next week, and next month.

I did have a negative impressive of Cryptsy, but I appreciate the recommendations and will also try btc-e.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 08:37:11 PM

Thought I saw that posted before. So I guess they'll be giving around 2 days or slightly less depending on when they close the markets. It is somewhat short notice, but they do give enough time to withdraw. Also they're flexible and I've seen them decide to keep quite a few coins when someone makes them aware of a good reason to keep them.

#1, it's not enough time to withdraw for coins that aren't on any other exchanges and that I can't get the wallets working.  I still don't have all my coins withdrawn.

#2, I tried to make them aware of a good reason to keep the coins listed, but before I could discuss it with anyone they told me to stop talking about it in chat and they deleted all of my support tickets.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
kekek

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:28:23 PM

Wow your family really lucked out, now they aren't stuck with less than $10 worth of shitcoins and .01 btc.

runpaint (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 11:15:34 PM

So you turn down free Bitcoin?  Or you just don't want more people to start using Bitcoin? 

But you're right, Litecoin and Vertcoin are shitcoins and it's a burden to have $10 worth of them. 
I'll do you a favor, here are my deposit addresses:

LTC:
LVYnAVzxNjmyabBDqpyV2uK2oZV86io4ue

VTC:
VjGf5hYGAXGF8vf98VkW5wpRTgLkrSdMgi

You're welcome.

And since it's Christmas, I'll take 100 Curecoin off your hands too.  I'm like Santa Claus! 
It would only take your laptop 1 year to earn that many Curecoins, who else would want them but me?

CURE: 
BTQieFUxeFjQCSyVYhZnEdgxRBCxYvLYEy

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:52:42 PM

I also thought it was a weak excuse that the wallets might break if the devs weren't active.
Poloniex says they build all their wallets themselves from source code.

So what's the real answer to all of my questions, and why don't their answers make sense?
Why are they so evasive, and why don't they allow certain questions to be asked?
Is there a hidden answer that they won't admit?

Maybe something like, "We basically see all these coins as a scam and we never intended to list them long-term anyway."

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 08:46:47 PM

Poloniex changed their mind on delisting SILK.

Under Announcements:

We've been made aware of new SILK developments, so we've decided to hold off on delisting SILK.

Posted by MobyDick at 2014-12-19 07:15:20

runpaint (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 09:59:36 PM

Under Announcements:

We've been made aware of new SILK developments, so we've decided to hold off on delisting SILK.

Yes, I can give you a link to Page 1 of this topic if you want to read more about that.

So Whoop-tee-doo, they're going to "hold off" on that one, AFTER they told me there would be no more discussion about it or I would be banned, case closed, withdraw my coins immediately and that's the final word on it.  So I withdrew my coins like they said, and now what?  I'm supposed to re-deposit them?  No thanks.  I think SILK is up 100% today, over 4 times the price I paid.  But yesterday it was a dead shitcoin that wasn't even worth listing?

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 10:10:20 PM

" I think SILK is up 100% today, over 4 times the price I paid.  But yesterday it was a dead shitcoin that wasn't even worth listing? "

Poloniex. You got some splainin to do. You guys are arbitrarily ffing around with people's livelihoods.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 09:21:48 AM

Under Announcements:

Yes, I can give you a link to Page 1 of this topic if you want to read more about that.

So Whoop-tee-doo, they're going to "hold off" on that one, AFTER they told me there would be no more discussion about it or I would be banned, case closed, withdraw my coins immediately and that's the final word on it.  So I withdrew my coins like they said, and now what?  I'm supposed to re-deposit them?  No thanks.  I think SILK is up 100% today, over 4 times the price I paid.  But yesterday it was a dead shitcoin that wasn't even worth listing?

They base their decisions on volume. There is a cost related to leaving markets open. And when a market isn't profitable it costs them money. It's a business, not a charity to support altcoins.
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 02:43:50 PM

They don't base their decisions on volume, that's a lie that I've thoroughly covered.

They didn't claim to change their mind on SILK based on volume, and there are plenty of other coins with much lower volume that they didn't delist.

As I've already said, KEY moved .3btc in one day and was up over 100%, and they still delisted it the next day.

Poloniex says the coin devs are the only ones who can stop a coin being delisted, because they believe cryptocurrency should be controlled by centralized authority and not be controlled at all by the many people who hold the coins.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:41:31 PM

They don't base their decisions on volume, that's a lie that I've thoroughly covered.

They didn't claim to change their mind on SILK based on volume, and there are plenty of other coins with much lower volume that they didn't delist.

As I've already said, KEY moved .3btc in one day and was up over 100%, and they still delisted it the next day.

Poloniex says the coin devs are the only ones who can stop a coin being delisted, because they believe cryptocurrency should be controlled by centralized authority and not be controlled at all by the many people who hold the coins.

Poloniex deals with the current developers of the coin as a matter of security. They almost certainly base their decisions on volume. It has to be the prime metric as volume is the only way they make money. I don't think Poloniex believes "cryptocurrency should be controlled by centralized authority and not be controlled at all by the many people who hold the coins.", that's just silly.

KEY having 0.3 BTC of volume despite eminent delisting pretty much confirms that it's not worth keeping it on the exchange.

They are running a business, give them financial incentive(ie real volume, it doesn't take much at all to stay listed) to keep a coin listed and I'm almost certain they will keep it on.

Perhaps you should consider pointing some of your outrage at the developers and communities behind these coins.
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 08:21:42 PM

KEY had the volume and the 100% increase before it was announced to be delisted.

SILK had no increase in volume before they reversed its delisting.

WOLF, DIEM, XBC, and about 10 other coins had a combined volume of about 0.00BTC in the past 2 weeks, and they weren't delisted.

Everything else you said is untrue, and anyone can see it if they're interested.  I could repeat the facts, I could repeat Poloniex's own statements, but you're still going to ignore reality and claim it's about volume and "it doesn't take much to stay listed".

Does Poloniex pay you in dollars, or crypto?  Hopefully they'll give you insider information before they delist what they paid you.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:23:17 AM

KEY had the volume and the 100% increase before it was announced to be delisted.

SILK had no increase in volume before they reversed its delisting.

WOLF, DIEM, XBC, and about 10 other coins had a combined volume of about 0.00BTC in the past 2 weeks, and they weren't delisted.

Everything else you said is untrue, and anyone can see it if they're interested.  I could repeat the facts, I could repeat Poloniex's own statements, but you're still going to ignore reality and claim it's about volume and "it doesn't take much to stay listed".

Does Poloniex pay you in dollars, or crypto?  Hopefully they'll give you insider information before they delist what they paid you.

100% increase means absolutely nothing on a no volume coin like KEY. 0.3 BTC volume is absolutely nothing. Not to mention it turned out that KEY was a Prometheus pump and dump coin so chances of anything else happening with KEY are close to zero.

The official statement was that they were made aware of upcoming developments or something similar with SILK. Thus there is a reasonable expectation that there might be come future volume with SILK. If there was anything at all going on with any of those other coins someone could have made anyone aware at Poloniex and they'd probably keep it listed if it sounded like there would be renewed interest in the coin. It's not complicated. It's not a conspiracy.

I don't know what WOLF is, but DIEM and XBC have supporters in the Poloniex community and they do get volume sporadically.

I don't get paid by Poloniex. But I think they're the best exchange by and it would benefit everyone if we concentrated our volume there.
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:51:47 AM

Yes, it would benefit everyone. 

Except the people holding KEY.

And the people holding NAS.

And the people holding Bitshares DNS.

And the people holding LOL.

And the people holding AEON.

And the people holding AUR.

And the people holding CRYPT.

And the people holding BLU.

And the people holding PMC.

And the people holding VOOT.

And the people holding SHOPX.

And the people holding NTX.

And the people holding MON.

And the people holding DRKC.

And the people holding UTIL.

And the people holding SILK who dumped it because Poloniex delisted it but then it doubled the next day.  (I withdrew my 21,000 instead of trusting Poloniex, and I benefited.)

But yeah, since it turned out KEY was a Prometheus pump and dump, it's time to get rid of it.  Good thing that information came to light the same day as information about 15% of all the coins on their exchange.

But like you said, sporadic volume and a few people who support KEY aren't enough.  But like you said, sporadic volume and a few people who support XBC are enough.  It's all about volume, except when it's not.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:00:38 PM

If there was a community of people from KEY on Poloniex like there is with XBC then yeah, It would be less likely that it would be delisted. Volume is still the prime indicator of whether or not a coin is worth keeping or not of course.

It's not a charity. Give them a good reason to keep a coin and they will. If people from the Poloniex community(aka paying customers) want a coin to stay listed, they'll likely get their wish. When they announce plans to delist a coin, given a good enough reason they'd be happy to keep it listed if it's going to provide some benefit to the site. The people who work for Poloniex are very reasonable people.

Considering you got banned from chat or whatever I'm going to guess that you weren't able to communicate your opinion on a reasonable level . You seem to feel like Poloniex owes you something, or that you're the victim here. I promise you that given a good reason to keep a coin(primary volume, or potential of future volume, and it not being a complete scam) they will keep it. It's pretty simple.
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 02:30:10 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 03:40:11 PM by runpaint

Give them a good reason to keep a coin and they will.

How would I go about giving them a reason?  In their chat, or by sending them support tickets?  They deleted my support tickets about each coin, and they said it was spam.

Considering you got banned from chat or whatever

I wasn't banned, I was threatened with being banned if I asked to keep coins listed.

But you PROMISE that they'll keep it, if I just talk to them right?  So, once again, you insist on being wrong despite all available evidence.

I'm going to guess that you weren't able to communicate your opinion on a reasonable level

Once again you're just making things up, since I've posted my entire chat log in this topic for anyone to see how I communicated.

UPDATE:  They listed a new coin today - another video game altcoin.  Such a good thing they just delisted League Coin, I'm sure this new one will be totally different and better!

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:14:38 PM

Give them a good reason to keep a coin and they will.

How would I go about giving them a reason?  In their chat, or by sending them support tickets?  They deleted my support tickets about each coin, and they said it was spam.

Considering you got banned from chat or whatever

I wasn't banned, I was threatened with being banned if I asked to keep coins listed.

But you PROMISE that they'll keep it, if I just talk to them right?  So, once again, you insist on being wrong despite all available evidence.

I'm going to guess that you weren't able to communicate your opinion on a reasonable level

Once again you're just making things up, since I've posted my entire chat log in this topic for anyone to see how I communicated.

UPDATE:  They listed a new coin today - another video game altcoin.  Such a good thing they just delisted League Coin, I'm sure this new one will be totally different and better!

I did not promise you they would keep a coin if you talk to them. I said you had to give them a good reason to keep a coin. People involved in SILK obviously gave them a good reason. Your reasoning to keep KEY was that it had 0.3 BTC of volume after being announced for delisting.

Yes, they added Gamecoin. A coin with an active community and very active development that's been putting out good work for a very long time. I was happy to see them add that as from what I've seen they are doing a good job and are putting in a lot of work.

Do any of those coins that were delisted have active development? Active development alone doesn't necessarily mean that a coin would continue to be listed despite low volumes, but actually being alive and not dead certainly helps.

A coin simply existing doesn't give Poloniex some sort of obligation to list it. Active communities and active development will give them an incentive to list a coin. As those are things that generally result in trading volume.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: