Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:10:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex Delists 17 Coins Today  (Read 4149 times)
runpaint (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:50:42 PM

Yeah, and what's the general result when you treat your customers like they don't matter?

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 12:09:56 PM

Yeah, and what's the general result when you treat your customers like they don't matter?

They don't treat their customers like that at all. In fact I'd be surprised if they weren't considered the best in the space for customer service. Maybe someone could start a poll.
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 12:47:30 PM

Poloniex customer service solution #1:  Call someone else.

runpaint, let not start that now please. you should talk to the devs of the coins and ask them what they are doing about it?

http://www.polonibox.com/?messageId=2364788

Poloniex customer service solution #2:  Don't let us rip you off, we warned you!

PRO TIP: Not all coins are made for long term. Many coins are made just for a quick buck. Be careful of PUMP/DUMPS. Don't be a bag holder on a dead coin.

http://www.polonibox.com/?messageId=2364909

Poloniex customer service solution #3:  If we fail to give you a satisfactory answer the first time, don't ask again.

runpaint, we are not going to keep hashing this over and over and over. let move on now please .. the answer are not goning to change at this time

http://www.polonibox.com/?messageId=2364963

Poloniex customer service solution #4:  If you won't shut up, we'll MAKE you shut up.

runpaint, you can discuss it further with a ticket but it is over in the box,if you continues to try to bash poloniex you will be banned

http://www.polonibox.com/?messageId=2365181

Poloniex customer service solution #5:  if you discuss it further with a ticket, we'll delete your ticket without responding.

Is there anything else I can not help you with today?

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
CrazyRabbi

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 12:53:03 PM

Poloniex customer service solution #1:  Call someone else.

runpaint, let not start that now please. you should talk to the devs of the coins and ask them what they are doing about it?

http://www.polonibox.com/?messageId=2364788

Poloniex customer service solution #2:  Don't let us rip you off, we warned you!

PRO TIP: Not all coins are made for long term. Many coins are made just for a quick buck. Be careful of PUMP/DUMPS. Don't be a bag holder on a dead coin.

http://www.polonibox.com/?messageId=2364909

Poloniex customer service solution #3:  If we fail to give you a satisfactory answer the first time, don't ask again.

runpaint, we are not going to keep hashing this over and over and over. let move on now please .. the answer are not goning to change at this time

http://www.polonibox.com/?messageId=2364963

Poloniex customer service solution #4:  If you won't shut up, we'll MAKE you shut up.

runpaint, you can discuss it further with a ticket but it is over in the box,if you continues to try to bash poloniex you will be banned

http://www.polonibox.com/?messageId=2365181

Poloniex customer service solution #5:  if you discuss it further with a ticket, we'll delete your ticket without responding.

Is there anything else I can not help you with today?

I pulled all my coins out of Poloniex when they tried to pull the "Bitcoins are a taxable asset bullshit" when I said "You can't "borrow" Bitcoins or any Cryptocurrency because you can't borrow what you don't own nor is there any human link to Bitcoins or any other Cryptocurrency." They then replied with "You absolutely can owe Bitcoins and all other Cryptocurrencies and should pay taxes for them if applicable and can be taken to court.

Shit was seriously hilarious to me as if they think Bitcoins are Fed Notes or something?

I've never seen Polish people be this Government Loving in my life...

J. J. Phillips

Merit: 500

Islam and Nazism are belief systems, not races.

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 01:21:13 PM

If the long-term strategy is to buy some of a lot of alts and wait, then I'd suggest putting them on paper wallets after buying them. In 5 years you can check if you got lucky and one of the paper wallets is not worthless. (That way you don't need to download or sync the client.) Expecting an exchange to still be around and still holding every alt in 5 years is unrealistic.

Plus: 9btc on an exchange? I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

If Israel is destroyed, I will devote the rest of my life to the extermination of the human species. Any species that goes down this road again less than 100 years after the holocaust needs to be fucking wiped out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Affair_of_the_Gang_of_Barbarians
Ilan Halimi: tortured and murdered in France by barbarian Jew haters who'd be very comfortable here at bitcointalk.
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 05:19:24 PM

If the long-term strategy is to buy some of a lot of alts and wait, then I'd suggest putting them on paper wallets after buying them. In 5 years you can check if you got lucky and one of the paper wallets is not worthless. (That way you don't need to download or sync the client.) Expecting an exchange to still be around and still holding every alt in 5 years is unrealistic.

Plus: 9btc on an exchange? I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Thanks for the suggestion, I don't know much about paper wallets but I need to look into it.  I know they're selling Bitcoin over the counter at convenience stores in Indonesia, so that might be the future of crypto for a lot of people.

As for not being able to sleep at night, right now what's keeping me up is the .01btc worth of Vertcoin that never arrived in my wallet, and other things like that which are probably pointless and funny. 

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
kenny83

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 06:29:07 PM

omg , i still keep crypt and util coin , so sad , all altcoin i keep come to delisted now
toddtervy

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 01:57:22 PM

My apologies for venting, but I hope there's some useful discussion somewhere in here.

Some exchanges let you know if a coin is being considered for delisting, so you have a chance to do something about it. 
But Poloniex just announced 17 coins that are being delisted today, no discussion allowed.

AEON, AUR, BLU, CRYPT, DNS, DRKC, EBT, KEY, LOL, MON, NAS, NTX, PMC, SHOPX, SILK, UTIL, and VOOT. 

"Please withdraw your coins by Dec 31st."

Sorry for your troubles.  There's so many darn coins now, it's hard to keep track of, they must've wanted to simplify things a little.  Keep the coins that were worth their time to have on trading platform.

Get off my c@ck !
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 03:50:23 PM

If they're going to announce that 15% of everything they sell is garbage, they could do it a little at a time or at least give more than 1 day notice.

The clear message is "You bought what we offered, that's your fault for trusting us."

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
a fool and his money ...

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 05:40:16 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2014, 06:15:08 PM by a fool and his money ...

@OP

like your way of thinking.  

If you're pissed with polo go to c-cex, allcoin, allcrypt, bleutrade or swisscex or any other exchange and buy yourself a market for your coin for around 0.2 to 0.3 BTC

Listings can be bought the same as hashpower can be bought. Coins can be traded at the thread too - so exchanges are just luxury and convenient but coins with low volume can be traded on their threads even without exchange. Listings on exchanges start at 0.2 btc and cryptsy or bter listing can be bought with more money. They are all corrupt of course. Small exchanges are enough out there which will be happy to list your coin for small money.

I am very much against this listing/delisiting cuz it hurt the people holding the coins, hurts the coins, hurt the confidence and because of all that keeps new investors from alts away. This bittrex-style delisting has no future.

on the other hand i got to say: EBT is really broken and Auroracoin was just exposed as a massive scam so you can't really say they should keep those two. I don't know all the  backgrounds about the other coins. I think if coin is really broken and no dev aswell as scamcoins needs to be possible to delist. In other cases should not delist coins especially not the ones with active dev and community.

if you don't like a particular exchange just support the next one. Exchanges are like coins: they need support too
And if an exchange screws up they loose volume. I think polo already lost a lot volume when they delisted the LTC-markets. They actually lost all the LTC-bagholders bag then. Same bittrex with the practise of delisting just hurt themselves in the long run.
Exchange screws you over? Then support their competition instead, take your business elsewhere!

Customer is king - in crypto aswell. Who doesn't tread customer well will loose business to competition who treats customers better.

These exchanges seem not to understand that most people hold more than one coin. And if they hurt me too often i will not trade at their shop anymore. It's very simple.
Most exchanges just prey  on the 5 or 10 pump-whales and that's it. Let the shitcoin-pumpers be alone with the exchanges. The pumpers also depend on the money of the small men. So if they screw the small customer  over the whale runs out of food too. We'll see where it leads. We need more exchanges or volume better distributed among many exchanges so the single exchanges don't become too arrogant or  even exploit a monopoly.

Don't cry about polo, just take your business elswhere.
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 01:39:46 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2015, 12:25:27 PM by runpaint

I'm way ahead of you on that last part, I withdrew 4btc worth of coins before I made this thread.

But are you saying the real reason they delist a coin is because the devs stop sending them money?

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: