Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:38:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Original] Let me tell you why bitcoin drops and why it will turn around  (Read 2436 times)
ivyleague1985 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:33:36 AM

The price drop from 380 to 310 could be explained by a series of factors.

1. Recently, global commodity and equity market enter into a "risk off" mode that all risky assets, including bitcoin, are being sold off. You may challenge this by arguing the raise of Ripple. But 50% of ripple is controlled by Ripplelab. Therefore, it is not a free floating asset class and will not correlate with the other risky assets.

2. Year end tax selling. 2014 is a bear year for bitcoin holders. Some investors may want to realize the loss before the year end to gain some tax benefits.

3. Miners quit. Declining price incentivizes small and weak miners to quit and quiting miners tend to sell all of their storage.

4. Chinese future market. Chinese future players are overwhelmingly accumulating short position by futures.

But this declining trend will be exhausted after all and will be definitely turned around by the following factors.

1. Global equity market will stabilize with the announcements from central banks that easing and low interest rates will continue in foreseeable future.

2. Tax selling stops by December 31, 2014. Investors will relocate their investment portfolio in January 2015. Till then, I believe some value investors will start betting on two biggest losers in 2014, oil and bitcoin.

3. Once all small and weak miners quit, the bitcoin mining industry will be controlled by few monopolies. By then, the market landscape will approximate Ripple. The conglomerate of strong miners has the power to manipulate the price to protect their interests. They can do it easily by rationing the daily sale of bitcions, or by heavy public promotion, etc.

4. Too many retailing Chinese bears are shorting the bitcoin. The whales in Chinese future market will start pumping soon and squeeze those retailing bears to death. If they lift bitcoin from 300 to 400, image how much they can make from those 50 times leveraged future contract!!!
Dilla

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:38:05 AM

I agree. 2015 is going to get wild after this drop.
solitude

Activity: 674

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:00:16 AM

Thank you Mr. Just Registered His Bitcointalk Account Today for your inciteful opinion.

However I don't think many people here give much credence to faggots who made their account today

So why don't you please fuck off back to reddit you fucking faggot

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
DonDev

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:03:15 AM

Thank you Mr. Just Registered His Bitcointalk Account Today for your inciteful opinion.

However I don't think many people here give much credence to faggots who made their account today

Why would you say something like that to someone who didn't even say anything to you?
Dilla

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:14:48 AM

Having a bad day?
Have a snickers buddy.
Not everyone who joined this forum only bought bitcoins as soon as they've joined. Some have had Bitcoins for a while and lurked on this forum as a guest, then decided to engage in conversation. So instead of sounding so unwelcoming, why don't you come up with a educated rebuttle. Given the circumstances of our present situation I agree with OP's thinking. It doesn't take being here from the beginning to be able to analyze markets.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:16:53 AM

Insightful is insightful, although I agree that far too many noobs have tried to grab the reigns around here having not seen the ups and downs enough. That said, considering all the new trolls that spawn everyday it's nice to have a balancing of opinions because the tried and true spartans can't moderate and control the sentiment around here all the time.
solitude

Activity: 674

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:24:57 AM

Having a bad day?
Have a snickers buddy.
Not everyone who joined this forum only bought bitcoins as soon as they've joined. Some have had Bitcoins for a while and lurked on this forum as a guest, then decided to engage in conversation. So instead of sounding so unwelcoming, why don't you come up with a educated rebuttle. Given the circumstances of our present situation I agree with OP's thinking. It doesn't take being here from the beginning to be able to analyze markets.

Go to reddit if you want welcoming faggotry.

I have no idea why the mods permit posting from faggots who registered TODAY

This forum is really turning into reddit 2.0

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
g27wr

Activity: 221

I like guns.

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:47:13 AM

Having a bad day?
Have a snickers buddy.

Go to reddit if you want welcoming faggotry.

I have no idea why the mods permit posting from faggots who registered TODAY

This forum is really turning into reddit 2.0

Dude, holy crap. How do you expect Bitcoin to succeed without new users coming in? This is how you greet them?
They are not the problem, you are the problem. Calm the fuck down.

rogerdonkey

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 05:01:36 AM

i hope so, in january. price bitcoin be better than now

lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 07:03:46 AM

1. Recently, global commodity and equity market enter into a "risk off" mode that all risky assets, including bitcoin, are being sold off. You may challenge this by arguing the raise of Ripple. But 50% of ripple is controlled by Ripplelab. Therefore, it is not a free floating asset class and will not correlate with the other risky assets.

2. Year end tax selling. 2014 is a bear year for bitcoin holders. Some investors may want to realize the loss before the year end to gain some tax benefits.

3. Miners quit. Declining price incentivizes small and weak miners to quit and quiting miners tend to sell all of their storage.

4. Chinese future market. Chinese future players are overwhelmingly accumulating short position by futures.

But this declining trend will be exhausted after all and will be definitely turned around by the following factors.

1. Global equity market will stabilize with the announcements from central banks that easing and low interest rates will continue in foreseeable future.

2. Tax selling stops by December 31, 2014. Investors will relocate their investment portfolio in January 2015. Till then, I believe some value investors will start betting on two biggest losers in 2014, oil and bitcoin.

3. Once all small and weak miners quit, the bitcoin mining industry will be controlled by few monopolies. By then, the market landscape will approximate Ripple. The conglomerate of strong miners has the power to manipulate the price to protect their interests. They can do it easily by rationing the daily sale of bitcions, or by heavy public promotion, etc.

4. Too many retailing Chinese bears are shorting the bitcoin. The whales in Chinese future market will start pumping soon and squeeze those retailing bears to death. If they lift bitcoin from 300 to 400, image how much they can make from those 50 times leveraged future contract!!!

Welcome to the forums. Good insightful first post you have there.

There are many trolls on these forums, if you look under their name you'll find "ignore" buttons. The sooner you realize its power, the happier you'll be.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
unent

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 07:26:00 AM

When does the US tax year end? I remember someone saying it ended a few months ago for one class of tax payers. Does it end at a different time for other classes?
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 07:48:26 AM

When does the US tax year end? I remember someone saying it ended a few months ago for one class of tax payers. Does it end at a different time for other classes?

Tax year for US taxpayers ends Dec 31st.

The deadline you're thinking of was Oct 15th, which is the extended deadline for *filing* one's taxes (April 15th is the normal filing deadline). As far as I know, all individuals' tax years end Dec 31st (regardless of when they get around to actually filing).

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2833
Merit: 1851

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:54:15 AM

Don't agree with solitude approach (expected more from a hero), but this definitely smells like another (although one of the smarter) ripple shills. Bashes ripple a bit to seem legit, then passively mentions how bitcoin will become ripple  Roll Eyes that added to being the very first comment  is most certainly a shill. Anyone looking into the onslaught of noobie ripple shills popping all over the place all of the sudden?

"Feeeeed me Roger!"  -Bcash
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 11:04:12 AM

I've always wondered what gets you Hero Status.

Turns out that you must have to use homophobic language 9 times in one page.

Did your mother teach you to speak like that?

EDIT:  Or were you describing the term for a bungle of firewood?  Apologies if so, I'd hate it if I accidentally accused you of being a hate filled homophobe.
stonerider

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 11:38:33 AM

is there a way to upvote ivyleague to hero status and downvote solitude from hero to newbie?
Ultros

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 11:39:56 AM

is there a way to upvote ivyleague to hero status and downvote solitude from hero to newbie?

I'd donate for that.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:09:50 PM

I didn't realise that when I become a Hero I'll have to uphold moral values. Even faggots can become Heroes if they hang around for long enough.  
DogecoinMachine
Legendary

Activity: 2878
Merit: 1131

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple Games, Multiple Coins

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 12:14:37 PM

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2833
Merit: 1851

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:23:35 PM

***some silly graph***
I'm assuming this one is still trying to pump doge?  Embarrassed oh how cute

"Feeeeed me Roger!"  -Bcash
spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:46:50 PM

I totally agree with the sentiment, but don't be so down on faggots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjbPhwRoucc

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: