Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:25:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If it goes to $275, are you going to keep faith or just give up save the little.  (Read 10239 times)
Sumerian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 05:13:11 PM

I got my bitcoins without investing. Will not sell them for a while

Want Free Bitcoins? Check out BitcoInvest
NotLambchop

Merit: 254

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 05:20:09 PM

Ignore the Bears and trolls like NotLambChop...

No one has lost money by listening to me.  Those who listened to you and held are now drinking to your health.  MD20/20, from the neck, behind a dumpster Cheesy
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 05:37:25 PM

I can't se the negative drivel you replied. I would wager it did not address any points in my post though!
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 05:44:12 PM

...I would wager it did not address any points in my post though!

Yes, yes you would.  And lose.  As usual.
Same boring shit, nothing worth mentioning, really.
exoton

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 05:47:29 PM

While I accept that trading is oftentimes more based on mass psychology than actual facts, I still find the "gox effect" to be puzzling.

If there were about 800k coins that either didn't exist or had already been stolen and were elsewhere, then there was 800k of fake liquidity in the market. Now depending on how you like to define total liquidity, that would have been anywhere between 5 and 20 percent of total liquidity.

When this was exposed, this should have had the effect on the market of bitcoin BEING 5 to 20 percent rarer, since the pricing up until then had been based on those coins being available.

I know the willy bot would have had some effect on ultimate highs, but I'm not convinced that in it's absence we wouldn't have seen 90% of the peaks at least, because really, independent traders would have been trying to work toward the same effect.

Anyway, I guess the mass confidence loss in the market due to gox shenanigans has had a big effect, thing is, when that confidence is back, that 5-20% of liquidity is still missing, so there seems to my mind a theoretical possibility that the market could see unprecedented rises.
You are probably correct about confidence in bitcoin being lost as a result of gox. It also probably resulted in many people not having a way to store bitcoin that they were comfortable with (as they fear they cannot properly secure their bitcoin on their own and must use an exchange with now questionable security as a bank).

In regards to the willy bot, I am fairly certain that it was nothing more then a tool for large investors to be able to buy large amounts of bitcoin with real money without clearing the offers in the order book and sending the price to ridiculous levels.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:32:33 PM

Imagine living in a world where you are purposefully deaf to all criticism.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:47:02 PM

There is quite a difference between being deaf to criticism and choosing to ignore deliberate negativity. There are plenty of bears on here who I listen to.
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 07:13:08 PM

Now imagine this:

1. Ignoring someone
2. guessing what that someone said/didn't say
3. responding to that [ignored] someone, based on that [incorrect] guess.

Only on bitcointalk, folks.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 08:12:04 AM

I can't se the negative drivel you replied. I would wager it did not address any points in my post though!
And respectfully I will not quote it. Besides, I also have them on ignore though I sometimes peek.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Notanon

Activity: 388

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:58:43 AM

I'll buy whilst cheap if funds allow.
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 12:03:19 PM

I will try to keep my faith still, because it will prevail sometime...

Aemon

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:43:27 PM

I'll be a Bitcoiner until the technology is no longer used, or something better replaces it.  Now, with that being said I am not going to be buying Bitcoin anytime soon, I feel like the value of Bitcoin is going to crash, but I will still be here. 
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 04:03:21 AM

well users who simply got Bitcoin without too much of a cost, what will they do?

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 11:08:46 PM

I may be an idiot, but I'm all in. All my savings and half of my credit debt is all in bitcoin. If this ship sinks I'm as good as dead, but I know this ship ain't sinking.

The ship has been sinking since 1200. Where have you been??

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
jertsy

Activity: 341

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 11:55:04 PM

well users who simply got Bitcoin without too much of a cost, what will they do?

Some like the bearwhale will dump but others like Satoshi will hold.
sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 06:33:12 AM

Let's see why the price down first ? If just some stupid reason i'll buy more
But, if because something crazy maybe i just hold/sell all

But, i think bitcoin price won't fall to $275

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
Notanon

Activity: 388

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:29:29 AM

Mt.Gox and China would be the main reasons, IMO. The former was probably the one that caused the most damage and eroded a fair bit of faith in BTC to people looking in from the outside.
Bananana

Activity: 481

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 02:25:40 PM

Mt.Gox and China would be the main reasons, IMO. The former was probably the one that caused the most damage and eroded a fair bit of faith in BTC to people looking in from the outside.

Mt Gox and China again!!, ‎I really wish Mt Gox never happened, the price would be at $2000 or higher. People just lost hope when things like Mt Gox happended Sad.

jertsy

Activity: 341

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 02:29:38 PM

Mt Gox and China again!!, ‎I really wish Mt Gox never happened, the price would be at $2000 or higher. People just lost hope when things like Mt Gox happended Sad.

China banning/unbanning bitcoin about five times would probably have stopped the price going to $2000 even without Mt Gox.
Silverspoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 02:52:33 PM

Not much of a Gox fanboi myself, but it has driven bitcoin price since 2010.  We could be trading ~$1 without it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: