Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:26:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If it goes to $275, are you going to keep faith or just give up save the little.  (Read 10231 times)
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:31:41 PM

Please enlight me.

The point is, as by the technical analysis wizards, that if many people believe that some number is a signal of downtrend, it will be a signal of downtrend.

It can be true or it can be a nonsense. I do not care abouyt magic numbers as well and I am pretty sure we have many fundamental factors that affect btcprice every day, that it is not important.

But who will decide is the market. And on the market it will be not equally all the people, but people with money, who will decide if 275 or 10K price is important.

Correct. The market price is a reflection of buyers and sellers psychology (among other things). The numbers themselves dont mean anything, its how people react to them.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:34:17 PM

Please enlight me.

The point is, as by the technical analysis wizards, that if many people believe that some number is a signal of downtrend, it will be a signal of downtrend.

It can be true or it can be a nonsense. I do not care abouyt magic numbers as well and I am pretty sure we have many fundamental factors that affect btcprice every day, that it is not important.

But who will decide is the market. And on the market it will be not equally all the people, but people with money, who will decide if 275 or 10K price is important.

Correct. The market price is a reflection of buyers and sellers psychology (among other things). The numbers themselves dont mean anything, its how people react to them.

Thats correct, but where is the statistic that says, that most (or at least alot of) people think that 275 is a "magic" number? Link?

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:39:00 PM

To all those who think the sky is falling, aka chicken littles, aka fairweather friends, SELL IT ALL BEFORE YOU LOSE YOUR HOMES!!!!! then GTFO, leave this to the adults, kthxbye.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
solomon

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:39:28 PM

I add on news, not price. I think bitlicence will be crucial

bitcoin price ticker | bits.so
gjgjg

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:45:16 PM

Please enlight me.

Thats correct, but where is the statistic that says, that most (or at least alot of) people think that 275 is a "magic" number? Link?

Im not supporting 275, I could come up with a technical reason or maybe its an average mid/long term buyer price or something, I dont know.
My own 'down trend alarm' is 50$.

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
cryyptc

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

#BITCOIN4LIFE

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:45:46 PM

Please enlight me.

i made it up/\ didn't it not touch $275 and springboard last time?  :\   hmmm
cryyptc

#BITCOIN4LIFE

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:48:46 PM

Why exactly 275$? Will OP as the same question with another number anytime the price changes?
 (If it goes to 250$..., If it goes to 1$..., if it goes to 100000$....)

What is so fraggin interesting about what the people do when the price hits 275?

Looks like you don't really understand how the market works  Smiley

On the market, that I understand, I bought some BTC for less than 100$/BTC and sold a few for 800$ (could have been 1200$) and invested some for 500$. Now I make some BTC on a regular basis, without doing anything. I don't mind if the price is 275. I would maybe start buying below 200 or even less.
Looks like you can easily explain why 275$ is such an important number. Please enlight me.

/\retracement if it holds $275 and skyrockets..it might have a fighting chance. As it stands now it looks like there exists systemic fraud all over the place....stay tuned !  Shocked

Same if it goes to 250 and then skyrocket. We are already at a level where miners shut down due to unprofitability, so in the long run the price of BTC correlates with the production cost.

the whole competitive mining scheme with bitcoin is wasteful... if bitcoin people were highly organized they would waste less energy worldwide. Smiley   ~this is a fact
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:51:27 PM

Please enlight me.

"Last time" does not necessarily mean, that it will happen "next time"

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Q7

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 12:52:58 PM

I've already have my place in place.  Grin
Buy at 250, further buy order place at 200 and another one steady at 150. Let's see how far down the price can go. I've prepared the fund in anticipation for the drop.

Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:54:51 PM

I add on news, not price. I think bitlicence will be crucial

It's looking a lot more reasonable now.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Atdhe

Activity: 326

Atdhe Nuhiu

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:07:20 PM

Please enlight me.

The link is this thread, because now everyone who read this will have the stupid number 275 in his head.

However, as I said, for me the turning point are fundamental factors. This is why i started to buy at 360-375 and I will continue. The pivotal point for me is that with recent prices some people stop mining. It would seem it does not change a lot, because still the 3K+ btc go to market every day, but I think that the bigger miners can at least change the pace of inflow.

And that might be enough, because there are still money from paper economy flowing into btc. Now even bankers noticed bitcoin and they do not refuse it, they just say one day, maybe... it is big news. Change of trend might change of downtrend to another hype and that hype might go quite high. Especially if the money from ripple will flow back into btc... I mean if ripple is useless it will cause not ripple but huge wave that will help btc one day. But it is also possible that ripple will suck blood from btc. Who knows. But I agree that under those circumstances to think about some 275 number is a bit silly.
Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:14:31 PM

Especially if the money from ripple will flow back into btc...

Yah, ripple is looking shaky lately, depends how long the VCs are willing to keep it on life support I guess.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 01:16:47 PM

If it ever drops back to $1 I'm selling all that I own (except a big cardboard box (coated), in which I will live for the next few years) and buying Bitcoin.
I don't really care about the price drops, they don't make me nervous or anything, just eager to get more.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
cryyptc

#BITCOIN4LIFE

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:20:58 PM

Please enlight me.

"Last time" does not necessarily mean, that it will happen "next time"

retracement wat? ~ you are talking to a chartist with over 7 years experience... i know NOTHING!  Wink  /\rotflmfao
jsgayo

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:29:38 PM

keep faith .wait and wait

Aemon

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:32:29 PM

I'll keep saving.  I am going to give it another whole year at the very least.  If it goes up, great, if it doesn't, it isn't the end of the world I am not investing much into Bitcoin that it will completely bankrupt me.
cryyptc

#BITCOIN4LIFE

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:34:50 PM

keep faith .wait and wait

faith in what? :  mtgox, inputs.io, dooglus, ripple,,, errr shitcoin 2.0 ? lmfao ...please elaborate what we are "waiting" on! Smiley
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:38:47 PM

There is too much downward pressure from miners dumping and too little capital to hold it, the next halving in 2016 will help since less dumping by miners will happen and bitcoins network effect has grown much more with more capital flowing into the network. From here i can see the upward pressure more powerful than the downward.
Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:40:21 PM

faith in what? :  mtgox, inputs.io, dooglus, ripple,,, errr shitcoin 2.0 ? lmfao ...please elaborate what we are "waiting" on! Smiley

Is that all you got? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bank_failures_in_the_United_States_%282008%E2%80%93present%29

cryyptc

#BITCOIN4LIFE

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:42:07 PM

faith in what? :  mtgox, inputs.io, dooglus, ripple,,, errr shitcoin 2.0 ? lmfao ...please elaborate what we are "waiting" on! Smiley

Is that all you got? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bank_failures_in_the_United_States_%282008%E2%80%93present%29

/\how did the big banks "fail"~ they got all the taxpayers money from the bailout!! muuahahah Smiley

LOOK AT NUMBER #22 i moderated that thread!!!!..prolly still own some PFF "coins" Lols Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: