Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:09:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdrawing from Intersango to wallet  (Read 1002 times)
harry_bear (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 05:38:51 PM

Hi, I'm a full-on newbie and wondered if anyone could help with my situation...

I deposited to Intersango where I bought BTC and requested a withdrawal to my BTC wallet...

The funds have disappeared from my Intersango account, but almost 24 hours have passed and there no sign of the transaction in my Bitcoin wallet.

Does anyone know if this is normal?

What is worrying me most is that I'm searching for the transaction in Bitcoin Block Explorer, and not finding it. There's actually an error when I put my wallet address into the search.

I sent the BTC to a wallet address that has since changed when I updated the bitcoin software. That shouldn't be an issue should it?

Please excuse my naivety, I have pondered for a while about whether to purchase BTC and just hope I've not done anything stupid!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
harry_bear (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 06:12:46 PM

Okay I found my transaction by pasting my address into the block explorer url rather than searching .... my transaction is there, first seen in block 186079.

My client currently says downloaded 174981 of 186196, but it's not moving very fast. When it gets to 186079 I get my BTC, I guess?

Apologies for my stupidity if this is the case, but why so slow?? Should I have donated more?
A_CardeN

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 06:18:51 PM

I have heard NOTHING good about intersango.  You should use CampBX.
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 06:24:26 PM

Okay I found my transaction by pasting my address into the block explorer url rather than searching .... my transaction is there, first seen in block 186079.

My client currently says downloaded 174981 of 186196, but it's not moving very fast. When it gets to 186079 I get my BTC, I guess?

Apologies for my stupidity if this is the case, but why so slow?? Should I have donated more?
Your bitcoins are safely at your address.

The only issue is that your bitcoin client hasn't downloaded block 186079 yet, so it unable to see them.

Once you've downloaded every block, keep your client running you will see transactions instantly.
harry_bear (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 06:32:38 PM

Your bitcoins are safely at your address.

The only issue is that your bitcoin client hasn't downloaded block 186079 yet, so it unable to see them.

Once you've downloaded every block, keep your client running you will see transactions instantly.

Thanks for that.

I just got a bit worried with the search function not working on Block Explorer.

I've only just updated my Bitcoin client - is this a possible reason why it's so far behind? These sort of waits aren't typical are they?

The transfer from my bank to my Intersango account was almost instant - on a Sunday! I was quite impressed with that. I thought that would be the long part not this bit.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:19:01 PM

I've only just updated my Bitcoin client - is this a possible reason why it's so far behind? These sort of waits aren't typical are they?

Performance will vary widely based on factors such as CPU and disk performance levels.  Also if you are running on an encrypted filesystem, that will cause the client download to really slow down.

The latest client (v0.6.2 or higher) has improvements, but even with that if your hardware is sucking wind, it still can take many hours.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █