Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:43:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Spondoolies Spam  (Read 8116 times)
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:46:47 PM

why are you quoting posts without making a comment?
methinks this is not a spondoolies spam thread but the dogie spam thread, to where he should be sin-died for a period and not allowed to post in any other thread than this one.
... should I move this comment to META and make a proper proposal for it?

Yup.

+1. We have seen this happen before.

Never admits his role in this whole mess.

If he'd just shut his yap then this would blow over and the SP20s reviews would have come and gone. But no now we have him bumping the crap out of Bitmaintech and his other clients threads and his own guides. I get it he wants to make money but at what point does the forum do something about it?

Blocked dogie from PM's and ignoring him from this point forward.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:48:53 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 01:07:41 PM by Bicknellski

methinks this is not a spondoolies spam thread but the dogie spam thread, to where he should be sin-died for a period and not allowed to post in any other thread than this one.

Yup.

If he'd just shut his yap then this would blow over and the SP20s reviews would have come and gone. But no now we have him bumping the crap out of Bitmaintech and his other clients threads and his own guides. I get it he wants to make money but at what point does the forum do something about it?

Funny just running up his count.

Just because I have him BLOCKED and IGNORED doesn't mean I won't comment on his spam here. It is goes on day in and day out. Seriously at what point does the forum cull his threads back to 2 or 3? We get it he is a super hero and knows every product on the Earth. Sick of seeing it. Make a single thread and stop flooding the Hardware section with his threads. Too much of it.

The moderators should either get a FORUM cut of his ads or cull his threads. They are losing ad revenue.

I count 9 fresh posts from dogie that are on the first page. Imagine if it were a busy day to reply to newbs who mysteriously post on some older antminer guides I can't wait to see a complete page one all DOGIE. Define spam? 1  person with 10 threads or 10 threads from 10 people? Difference is the 10 people posting 10 threads say for review unit go away they don't keep posting everyday of the week... 365 days a year.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 01:20:47 PM

Yup.

Funny just running up his count.

Just because I have him BLOCKED and IGNORED doesn't mean I won't comment on his spam here. It is goes on day in and day out. Seriously at what point does the forum cull his threads back to 2 or 3? We get it he is a super hero and knows every product on the Earth. Sick of seeing it. Make a single thread and stop flooding the Hardware section with his threads. Too much of it.

The moderators should either get a FORUM cut of his ads or cull his threads. They are losing ad revenue.

I count 9 fresh posts from dogie that are on the first page. Imagine if it were a busy day to reply to newbs who mysteriously post on some older antminer guides I can't wait to see a complete page one all DOGIE. Define spam? 1  person with 10 threads or 10 threads from 10 people? Difference is the 10 people posting 10 threads say for review unit go away they don't keep posting everyday of the week... 365 days a year.

They do get a cut of my ads, they have ads on my pages.

I don't think you understand what is spam is. Spam is posts for the sake of posts, me replying to questions and requests for technical support from customers is not spam. I can't help it if I am more useful than you.

Keep to the right thread please: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg10005067#msg10005067

mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:53:25 PM

the fact that you make 4 post in a row is spam!
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 02:34:01 PM

the fact that you make 4 post in a row is spam!
Not really. If you have four separate questions asked of you, it makes things easier for quoting and flow if you answer each one in a single post than if you try to combine them all.

Now if he was answering one question every couple hours to keep all his threads topped that would be different, but just writing four posts in a row isn't really spam if they're all on topic.
mavericklm

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 02:41:18 PM

So you find that normal? like the 6 dogie threads on main page?

MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 03:15:05 PM

So you find that normal? like the 6 dogie threads on main page?
I'm not sure what you mean by "normal", really. The majority of the dogie guides fall off the main Hardware page as you'd expect for something like the Hashcoins Apollo, old AM gear or XBtec gear. The S1 thread got bumped by some guy asking a question about a fan, which dogie answered. Prior to that there hadn't been a post in that thread since the very start of November. I'd imagine it'll quickly fall off the main page again.
If you don't want to see an old dogie S1 thread on the main page, make up your own super awesome S1 setup thread so that people ask questions there instead of in dogie's thread.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 04:04:59 PM

Thanks Mr Teal, if I explained it then I'd just get flamed.

Can we please direct further dogie related accusations to the dogie accusation thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.0. This thread is for a very different and specific issue.

mcdougle

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:24:41 PM

I have just spent 1.5 hours reading to get 10 min worth of legitimate information about the SP20. That is 70 minutes time wasted that I did not want to waste.

I don't care who got a free miner. I don't care who wanted a free miner or who is upset because they didn't. I really don't care about a fledgling barrister trying to flash elementary legal definitions at the world, or the hoard of pack minded "Legends" jumping into the fray at the most trivial hint of impropriety.  Many are Legends in mind (theirs) only.

What I am concerned about is jaded post deletion, arbitrary or inconsistent administrative action, and conflict of interest. If there is any concern (or care) for receding membership or doubt regarding this forum's integrity, you need only read the very informative parent thread and how it was ruthlessly hijacked to know...

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Of the former there are too few, and the ladder, too many. Written over two hundred years ago and it is surprising how current that quote remains.

Those of you to whom I speak directly, and you should know who you are; resign with honor or live without it. There are only a sparse few who have not seen the taint growing here. Most all of us have seen you operate before, and we see your actions for what they are.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 08:57:37 AM

Smart move by Spondoolies, but what a bunch of bullshit spam.

Money talks!

Force the issue: repeatedly bump every single Spamdoolie thread, so they clog up the hardware sub until Something Is Done.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
mavericklm

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:26:23 AM

Smart move by Spondoolies, but what a bunch of bullshit spam.

Money talks!

Force the issue: repeatedly bump every single Spamdoolie thread, so they clog up the hardware sub until Something Is Done.

Look! a smart ass! How much does bitmain pays you?

Lets see what we got now on main page in hardware:

1thread  Spondoolies-Tech
5threads BITMAIN
3threads dogie

7threads related to SPTech
16threads related to BITMAIN

@dogie: why move to another thread when you posted here? the main flooder complains about reviews from different people! is kind of an irony? hypocrisy?

@MrTeal: https://www.google.ro/#q=sorry+for+double+posting+forums 26.600.000 results
that is for double posting, not 4 posts in a row!
I just answer to 3 ppl in 1 post! how about that?
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:55:44 PM

@MrTeal: https://www.google.ro/#q=sorry+for+double+posting+forums 26.600.000 results
that is for double posting, not 4 posts in a row!
I just answer to 3 ppl in 1 post! how about that?
Double posting is posting the same message twice in a row. Not quite the same thing.

Regardless, even if you consider it spam four posts consecutively in one of his threads only serves to clutter his thread. Since you seem to dislike dogie's threads so much, just don't read them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: