Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:35:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Spondoolies Spam  (Read 8116 times)
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 09:35:38 PM

Tl;dr
* raskul yawwwwns at the hypocrasy

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 09:39:42 PM

Whitewashing may be a strong term, but it is very suspect when you are the only one (other than Hashcoins) stating that their claims are correct and it's all most likely an unexpected software bug and that the negative trust is unjustified. On one hand you have someone who is an expert in the chip used stating one of their claims is impossible and providing documented evidence of it along with an expert in the software used saying the numbers displayed are impossible, and on the other a company who's response was handwaving about magic boards, demanding personal information (including attempting to get forum staff to turn over personal information) and threatening lawsuits while not addressing any of the issues raised. Negative trust is absolutely justified until Hashcoins either retracts their claims or is able to demonstrate them.

I'm not saying, and have never said their claims are correct. What I did say is that you're still relying on conjecture that 'its impossible and it can't be done', rather than concrete evidence that they're scamming. And what I did say before is that there are no customers / no customers complaining, so its hard to claim they're scamming when there are no victims.

Either way you're free to rate how you want as its your liability if their speeds turn out to be true, not mine. All I'm asking is that just because you're more willing to chop someone's head off before I am, doesn't make me biased / a suspect / a scammer etc etc.
I'll take that back, you never said their claims were correct. You said that their claim was possible and that there is a good chance it's that cgminer and the chips are behaving in a new way.
I don't like the manner in which they were attacked in that thread, ie "its a scam unless you do x y z and I've given you negative trust". There are Zeus customers out there and they haven't complained, so its more than possible what they've claimed is correct. I know you and CK say it isn't in your views, but then were are the complaining customers? There is a good chance that cgminer / the chips are simply behaving in a way not observed yet.
Also, I never said you were a scammer. I would say you are biased and financially motivated to protect those companies that are paying your bills, even if it's not something you intentionally set out to do. You've posted several times after Con or I have posted that our claims are conjecture, it might just be a bug, "allegedly falsified", etc. You can say that it is just your concern for fairness, I would call it a whitewashing of what is an intended deception. "It totally looks like a scam and smells like a scam and there's some proof, but let's just see where it goes" is the reason why the securities/services subforums are full of cloudmining ponzies in various stages of collapse.

[Rather than breaking this down because its the same answer to both parts]. I said you couldn't be absolutely 100% sure, and so it is possible. And so by jumping the gun you're potentially creating so much self liability because you've potentially damaged a perfectly good company's reputation and potentially interfered with their ability to do business. That's your decision and your prerogative, but as I said before just because I'm not willing to create liability as freely as you are isn't a reflection on me.
Where did I say I was not 100% sure? I wouldn't have offered them a 100BTC wager if I wasn't sure their claims were false. Prior to me leaving negative trust I gave them the opportunity to correct their claim.

Either way, you are shifting the goalposts here. I never claimed you should be creating liability for yourself and calling them a scam. You were actively trying to downplay the arguments of those who were calling them a scam. If anything, that would create more liability for yourself in the case that some actually does buy a Zeus and gets scammed than if you'd said nothing.
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 01:24:11 AM

Ofcourse he is hurt, he is the most guilty spammer! him and his company!

Atm on hardware page:

12 threads related to bitmain products!
4 threads by bitmain!
3 threads by dogie!!!
2 threads by unhappy bitmain clients!

7 threads related to SPTech products!
2 threads by SPTech!
cathoderay

Activity: 379

Welcome to dogietalk.bs

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 01:27:59 AM

Plus he like to post in every other thread - then accuses people of following him...... Cheesy Cheesy

Have you been a victim of dogie insults, neg-rep'd for no reason or been falsely accused by him? If so, air your experiences here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.0
Avoid manipulative Exchanges - Localbitcoins.com
mavericklm

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 01:32:12 AM

he doesn't post in every thread! he just post 3times in a row on every page of that thread!!!!!!

i see legendary reviews are closed by guys with respect for the forum and ppl of the forum!
guess who's got 3 ''guides'' on main page atm!!!
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 02:27:57 AM

Ofcourse he is hurt, he is the most guilty spammer! him and his company!

Atm on hardware page:

12 threads related to bitmain products!
4 threads by bitmain!
3 threads by dogie!!!
2 threads by unhappy bitmain clients!

7 threads related to SPTech products!
2 threads by SPTech!
This is exactly why the review threads should not have been locked.

Granted the threads were somewhat repetitive, however they will also serve as a way that potential customers can make an informed decision as to what hardware to purchase as they will get many points of views for this particular model (and hopefully encourage other manufacturers to offer similar 'promotions' in the future so there can be many independent reviews of new hardware.
wh00per

Activity: 571

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 03:33:51 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2014, 03:51:04 AM by wh00per

You can blame the 'spam' on users purposely spamming as to why those threads become what they become, but at the same time it doesn't change what the threads become. It was more than a WEEK after when I posted the screenshot that virtually every single SPTech thread was at the top of the front page, because the same few users kept bumping all of the threads at once.

You said earlier that your picture-editing effort takes a lot of time. IMHO that's honest, but as long as I personally don't need those pictures, your effort is worthless from my point of view.
The screenshot you posted was part of another effort, this time mine. You did not ask for, and I don't feel like getting you involved in.  

Taken this second. So of the first 17 threads, 11 are review threads, 2 are other ST threads and 4 are other threads. This is the definition of spam.

I'm not sure you read all the posts as they were at that time BEFORE you counted them out. All of them are unread .. heh. Why should I be happy and understanding with what I consider "your spam" and you should not be understanding with what you consider mine? Did you ask at least what was it for? And why? .. I don't recall reading anything related, except your biased bitching.

I'll leave it here.

CSA/cUL Certified Power Distribution Panels - Basic, Switched, Metered. 1-3 phases. Up to 600V. NMC:N4F9qvHz11BHcc4nh1LCJFsrZhA1EWgVwj
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 06:31:01 AM

Dogie, it seems your employer uses the exact same method - sending review units (of course in a much less elegant way ...)

Two review threads already popped up.

Don't you think you should open another meta thread to discuss it ?

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:15:44 AM

Dogie, it seems your employer uses the exact same method - sending review units (of course in a much less elegant way ...)

Message me if you have any problems
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 12:37:33 PM

That's for you to talk to Bitmain with, I'm dogie not Bitmain. Also, I did not open this thread, I didn't even post in here until the second page.

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 01:00:29 PM

That's for you to talk to Bitmain with, I'm dogie not Bitmain. Also, I did not open this thread, I didn't even post in here until the second page.
Indeed.

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:20:48 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2014, 01:32:26 PM by Bicknellski

Hypocrisy or irony can't decide which this is.

Blocked dogie from PM's and ignoring him from this point forward.

It is clearly a shitstorm of his own creation he should have just kept his mouth shut and kept spamming his 40 or so threads instead of shitting on others threads by using the MODERATOR button. How did this thread get out of the TRASH bin dogie explain that? Who suggested it be sent to meta?

Obvious there is lean or bent in how he operates and that should be and has been addressed by companies that feel he may have undue or negative influence on their business. The moderators need to do their job and cull the flood of post to recycle threads back to the first page. At what point does 25 to 40% of the 1st page on the hardware board being dogie  inspired recycling become about his business rather than a community board. Something where he can freely use the board without moderators policing him so that it fills with his clutter. It is not support it is moving into pandering and it really detracts from the important information from others getting through to the community. If I wanted to read what dogie thinks on every brand of miner I would go to his website. We are being held hostage with a constant recycling of dogie support, dogie reviews, dogie getting into arguments with others.

It's a bit much.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:10:40 PM

Hypocrisy or irony can't decide which this is.

It is clearly a shitstorm of his own creation he should have just kept his mouth shut and kept spamming his 40 or so threads instead of shitting on others threads by using the MODERATOR button. How did this thread get out of the TRASH bin dogie explain that? Who suggested it be sent to meta?

Obvious there is lean or bent in how he operates and that should be and has been addressed by companies that feel he may have undue or negative influence on their business. The moderators need to do their job and cull the flood of post to recycle threads back to the first page. At what point does 25 to 40% of the 1st page on the hardware board being dogie  inspired recycling become about his business rather than a community board. Something where he can freely use the board without moderators policing him so that it fills with his clutter. It is not support it is moving into pandering and it really detracts from the important information from others getting through to the community. If I wanted to read what dogie thinks on every brand of miner I would go to his website. We are being held hostage with a constant recycling of dogie support, dogie reviews, dogie getting into arguments with others.

It's a bit much.

That is all correct, there is a lot of Dogie spam, but what half of the people in this thread fail to mention, is that a large majority of it is in reply to off topic questions that they ask him and vice versa. People (in Bitmain's threads) say something to Dogie, he responds, then another person responds, etc etc and then every party involved reports each other's posts. This has happened one time before, I know how to clean the spam, but I will need Bitmain's permission first and everyone involved should expect an unbiassed total wipe of all offtopic spam. I dont have a bias towards or against Dogie. I do however feel bad for Bitmain and their customers that are looking for an uncluttered thread for information regarding their purchases.

@Everyone involved take it to PM or make a thread in off topic to argue in.
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 04:17:32 PM

... I dont have a bias towards or against Dogie...
With the exception of his un-proportional reaction (IMHO) towards our SP20 Legendaries review party, I have a bias towards Dogie.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 04:56:12 PM

With the exception of his un-proportional reaction (IMHO) towards our SP20 Legendaries review party, I have a bias towards Dogie.

Bick changed the post thread title to "Dogie spam", but this is still the Spondoolies Spam. It didn't matter who's owned the review party it was a dangerous game to play as we're now seeing.

In the same way as publishing an exploit, it doesn't matter if the publisher gets close to breaking the system as a demonstration but doesn't push it further, because someone can then utilise the exploit to entirely break the system.

I will need Bitmain's permission first and everyone involved should expect an unbiassed total wipe of all offtopic spam.

The main BITMAIN account can answer that, although get the PM in soon as after tonight its Chinese New Year and everyone will be hard to get hold of.

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 05:08:40 PM

Bick changed the post thread title to "Dogie spam", but this is still the Spondoolies Spam. It didn't matter who's owned the review party it was a dangerous game to play as we're now seeing.

In the same way as publishing an exploit, it doesn't matter if the publisher gets close to breaking the system as a demonstration but doesn't push it further, because someone can then utilise the exploit to entirely break the system.

I will need Bitmain's permission first and everyone involved should expect an unbiassed total wipe of all offtopic spam.

The main BITMAIN account can answer that, although get the PM in soon as after tonight its Chinese New Year and everyone will be hard to get hold of.
We didn't find an exploit. You blew it out of all proportion. Without your action, the threads would have sunk much faster.
Chinese New Year is February 19.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 05:37:48 PM

We didn't find an exploit. You blew it out of all proportion. Without your action, the threads would have sunk much faster.

The calendar one is but the public holidays remain locked to ~normal end of year: http://www.travelchinaguide.com/essential/public-holiday.htm

raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:40:47 PM

The calendar one is but the public holidays remain locked to ~normal end of year: http://www.travelchinaguide.com/essential/public-holiday.htm

yes dogie. there's a good boy.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:36:39 PM

Yup.

+1. We have seen this happen before.

Never admits his role in this whole mess.

If he'd just shut his yap then this would blow over and the SP20s reviews would have come and gone. But no now we have him bumping the crap out of Bitmaintech and his other clients threads and his own guides. I get it he wants to make money but at what point does the forum do something about it?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 12:39:03 PM

Yup.

+1. We have seen this happen before.

Never admits his role in this whole mess.

If he'd just shut his yap then this would blow over and the SP20s reviews would have come and gone. But no now we have him bumping the crap out of Bitmaintech and his other clients threads and his own guides. I get it he wants to make money but at what point does the forum do something about it?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: