Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:18:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: selling bitcoin accounts  (Read 1818 times)
abacus

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

a clockwork miner

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:42:38 AM

Well I still don't think we should give the account negative feedback merely for changing hands unless there is good reason to (perhaps you strongly suspect a scam). Maybe a neutral one as a warning if you're concerned would be better, but that's just my opinion. Imagine if some kid has saved up $100 or more to buy an account because he sees it as the only or best way to acquire bitcoins and as soon as he does he finds it has been ruined by negative feedback even though account selling isn't against the rules.
In some exceptional cases, like maybe the kid example, I suppose that few posts or PMs of explainations could easily end in the retreat of the negative feedback, if said explainations make sense. I hope I'm not wrong, but I imagine it has already happened.
Anyway, always nice to read opinions from staff and older members.

No worries.  I won't be selling my account at all.
I bet there was little doubt about that. Smiley

Note that if a person with positive trust sells their account, then they really weren't a trustworthy person in the first place.  Therefore it doesn't really matter which account owner you are actually dealing with.  Either way it would be an untrustworthy person with positive trust.

Wondering if I'm reading this right, but doesn't it imply - in other words - that a sold account should have a negative trust with no exceptions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AnonBitCoiner

Activity: 1372
Merit: 326

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 01:14:03 PM

Note that if a person with positive trust sells their account, then they really weren't a trustworthy person in the first place.  Therefore it doesn't really matter which account owner you are actually dealing with.  Either way it would be an untrustworthy person with positive trust.
Wondering if I'm reading this right, but doesn't it imply - in other words - that a sold account should have a negative trust with no exceptions?

I don't think that's what he means. I understand the logic, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the person wasn't trustworthy; if the user decides to stop using BTCtalk and wants to profit a little bit, he/she could sell the account. Other users that are aware of the deal that's going on can leave neutral (doesn't necessarily have to be negative feedback; users who've left positive feedback can also delete their feedback) feedback stating that the account has been purchased. It's just like another sale of a good, imo.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
expert4knowledge (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 02:03:08 AM

Note that if a person with positive trust sells their account, then they really weren't a trustworthy person in the first place.  Therefore it doesn't really matter which account owner you are actually dealing with.  Either way it would be an untrustworthy person with positive trust.

I don't think that's what he means. I understand the logic, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the person wasn't trustworthy; if the user decides to stop using BTCtalk and wants to profit a little bit, he/she could sell the account. Other users that are aware of the deal that's going on can leave neutral (doesn't necessarily have to be negative feedback; users who've left positive feedback can also delete their feedback) feedback stating that the account has been purchased. It's just like another sale of a good, imo.
But selling accounts with positive feedback is like selling a personality of a good person to a buyer in real world, it can easily change the equations Smiley.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███