Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:51:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does it feel so complicated/frustrating to buy bitcoins for the first time?  (Read 4784 times)
LordSonjai

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:42:02 PM

its not that complex.

coinbase.
mlferro

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:56:34 PM

I don't understand why people think it is hard to buy bitcoins?  Was a very simple transaction for me and I didn't have any issues at all.
I also can not understand it.

bitcoinbot

Activity: 357
Merit: 130

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 11:41:34 PM

The problem is everyone tries to buy from exchanges / circle trying to get the cheapest price.

Accept that exchanges are cheaper because the people that trade there have verified their accounts and have a trading history.

If you want to buy bitcoin today, right now. Just go to localbitcoins.com or similar. The transaction can be completed in less than 5 minutes. Yes the price is a little more but at least you won't need to jump through hoops.
runpaint

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 12:04:49 AM

Nobody has yet really answered the question - the reason it's so hard to buy bitcoin is because a lot of people bought it with credit cards and then had their credit card company reverse the transaction.  In other words, it's easy to get scammed when you're selling bitcoin online, so they have to do a lot of stuff to protect themselves.

When I first signed up with Coinbase, it seemed like endless hoops to jump through, and endless waiting to get any bitcoin.  But now that I'm verified, it's the easiest thing in the world.  I just click and buy and it's instantly sent to my wallet, up to $1000.  I chose Coinbase because it was the only one that didn't require me to send a video of myself holding my photo ID next to my face.

I also used Brawker.com, which lets me buy something online and send it to someone else, and then they send me the bitcoins.  It works, but it's also slow and complicated, and you are limited to the amount of btc and the exchange rate the users have offered.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
lallali0101

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 08:59:36 AM

Basically , the reason why it's so complicated to buy bitcoin or any cryptocurrency out there is the rarity of the currency itself. but when you get the hung of it it's pretty easy ,+you need to avoid bad exchanges . personally i buy only from an exchange called prepaidbitco , people never complain about them and they are very reliable  here is a link  http://www.prepaidbitco.in  give them a try you won't regret it .
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 09:03:30 AM

Use virwox if you're terribly urgent. But it comes with high fees.

Localbitcoins is a good source of BTC as well.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: