Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:07:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ‏‏So what do you think is happening with Ripple right now?
Pump over, told you so. - 47 (59.5%)
Beartrap. - 11 (13.9%)
Bulltrap. - 8 (10.1%)
Flytrap. - 8 (10.1%)
Bitcointrap. - 5 (6.3%)
Total Voters: 79

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ..  (Read 3920 times)
Stealthcoin (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:12:54 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2017, 11:54:02 AM by Stealthcoin

God27

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

The 4th industrial revolution!

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:17:11 PM

Well, looks like ripple is running out of steam again, be prepared to see more shills coming to this forum the coming days.

Where did the steam come from in the first place?  Ripple Labs wants a stable XRP, not one that is volatile like this.  They are fine with it going down and being stable.

God27

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:32:39 PM

well, i think from all the xrp the exchanges are using to buy or sell Bitcoins. So if there is a large volume in bitcoin selling then Ripple will get pumped again... this is what i noticed.

Idk, I don't think ripple is scaled enough to think about all the xrp being used to buy and sell bitcoin but you're right people speculate on anything.

jonoiv

Activity: 966
Merit: 526

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:39:13 PM

And the news that Australia will charge tax on crypto means the ripple protocol will be illegal in at least 1 country.

Signature for hire!
God27

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:50:08 PM

And the news that Australia will charge tax on crypto means the ripple protocol will be illegal in at least 1 country.

That may have already been priced in since people already knew that was happening.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-not-currency-says-australian-tax-office/

The role of the GST or the Goods and Services Tax will now come into sharp focus. Under this law, the use of bitcoin will apply twice to some Bitcoin transactions, both to the goods and or services being supplied, and to the use of bitcoins as a method of payment. Bitcoin exchanges and markets will have to charge GST on the full value of the bitcoins they supply to residents of Australia, and not just on commissions

Ooops

That's why we send them down there ... not very smart those Ozzies. Quite good at sport tho ... I guess it's all that time spent not reading books

I assume it applies to all crypto, in which case Ripple will be illegal in Australia.

Yes, but Ripple Labs is trying to do something about this.

Please see the thread below.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=880666.0

jonoiv

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 05:49:34 PM

That may have already been priced in since people already knew that was happening.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-not-currency-says-australian-tax-office/

The role of the GST or the Goods and Services Tax will now come into sharp focus. Under this law, the use of bitcoin will apply twice to some Bitcoin transactions, both to the goods and or services being supplied, and to the use of bitcoins as a method of payment. Bitcoin exchanges and markets will have to charge GST on the full value of the bitcoins they supply to residents of Australia, and not just on commissions

Ooops

That's why we send them down there ... not very smart those Ozzies. Quite good at sport tho ... I guess it's all that time spent not reading books

I assume it applies to all crypto, in which case Ripple will be illegal in Australia.

Why didn't they name the thread "Ripple could be illegal soon in Australia"?

rather than the misleading
"Ripple : I don't think RL would be talking to a government if they were scammers"

And why is there no mention of it on the ripple website?  Ripple Labs is a company, so surely they should be broadcasting this news everywhere.  not some single ambiguous thread.

Signature for hire!
God27

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 05:54:26 PM

Ooops

"Ripple : I don't think RL would be talking to a government if they were scammers"

And why is there no mention of it on the ripple website?  Ripple Labs is a company, so surely they should be broadcasting this news everywhere.  not some single ambiguous thread.

They touch upon it a little tiny bit in the last paragraph here.

https://ripple.com/bitlicense-how-ripple-labs-approaches-regulations/

jonoiv

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 06:21:06 PM

Ooops

Again it's ambiguous.  Ripple labs are not being straight up.

Signature for hire!
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 09:09:57 PM

700% gain isn't sustainable, take profits now or cry later.
MR1
Legendary

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:19:10 PM

As XRP begins to dump, BTC must logically rise right? Coz dumped XRP will be converted in BTC...
God27

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:26:08 PM

Well guys the pool says it all. Do the opposite of what a bitcointalk poll and you will be in the money.

BitcoinBoost

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:51:27 PM

ripple will go to zero. dead.

Funny, I remember hearing that when Ripple was under 50 million.
Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:54:00 PM

seems like its going back up  Shocked
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:54:22 PM

well, i think from all the xrp the exchanges are using to buy or sell Bitcoins. So if there is a large volume in bitcoin selling then Ripple will get pumped again... this is what i noticed.

china was the driver.  it all starts at btc38 then other exchanges follow.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 11:05:47 AM

shilling?  in bitcointalk?  nobody does that.  but then there's everyone.

Grin

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 07:26:28 PM

And why is there no mention of it on the ripple website?  Ripple Labs is a company, so surely they should be broadcasting this news everywhere.  not some single ambiguous thread.

Bad news are not that well suited for broadcasting.
Conceptually forced to approach all kinds of regulations, Ripple will soon be the most overregulated currency in the world.
(oh dont start argueing if it is a currency, plz)
God27

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 07:44:24 PM

And why is there no mention of it on the ripple website?  Ripple Labs is a company, so surely they should be broadcasting this news everywhere.  not some single ambiguous thread.

Bad news are not that well suited for broadcasting.
Conceptually forced to approach all kinds of regulations, Ripple will soon be the most overregulated currency in the world.
(oh dont start argueing if it is a currency, plz)

Overregulations will make it a commodity?

junglist.massive

Activity: 759
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 07:51:30 PM

Ripple is great project and protocol that will be adopt by banks in couple of years.
hypostatization

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 08:10:59 PM

Strange fact is that Ripple is so old, but they have the lowest count of community compared to other Crypto projects.

A majority of the community gathers at xrptalk.org or in group chats over Skype. Few visit this site.

At the moment xrptalk.org has 90 users online, of which 31 are registered users. I have seen total active users frequently surpass 100, as of late. In my experience, Ripple has a passionate core community of active participants in the ecosystem---traders, coders, and those attempting to establish businesses using the Ripple network---with a broad spread of nationalities and backgrounds represented. I learn a lot through the community.

In my experience, it is much less of a hype oriented culture. I think that has been a side effect of how depressed the price has been for so long; I kind of see that as an advantage now. In general, those that have stuck around through all of the uncertainty have passionate interest in Ripple. A lot of diverse perspectives are exchanged, and critical perspectives on Ripple/XRP/Ripple Labs are frequently and openly shared.

At various points in the past, I would have definitely agreed with your perspective, but it has become an increasingly lively ecosystem. It is worth checking out.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 08:54:18 PM

Strange fact is that Ripple is so old, but they have the lowest count of community compared to other Crypto projects.

A majority of the community gathers at xrptalk.org or in group chats over Skype. Few visit this site.

At the moment xrptalk.org has 90 users online, of which 31 are registered users. I have seen total active users frequently surpass 100, as of late. In my experience, Ripple has a passionate core community of active participants in the ecosystem---traders, coders, and those attempting to establish businesses using the Ripple network---with a broad spread of nationalities and backgrounds represented. I learn a lot through the community.

In my experience, it is much less of a hype oriented culture. I think that has been a side effect of how depressed the price has been for so long; I kind of see that as an advantage now. In general, those that have stuck around through all of the uncertainty have passionate interest in Ripple. A lot of diverse perspectives are exchanged, and critical perspectives on Ripple/XRP/Ripple Labs are frequently and openly shared.

At various points in the past, I would have definitely agreed with your perspective, but it has become an increasingly lively ecosystem. It is worth checking out.

So a multi hundred million market cap and the prime resource for discussion has 31 members online? r/ripple has 5 members online right now and just over 1100 subscribers. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: