Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:19:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ‏‏So what do you think is happening with Ripple right now?
Pump over, told you so. - 47 (59.5%)
Beartrap. - 11 (13.9%)
Bulltrap. - 8 (10.1%)
Flytrap. - 8 (10.1%)
Bitcointrap. - 5 (6.3%)
Total Voters: 79

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ..  (Read 3910 times)
hypostatization

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 09:30:35 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2014, 12:00:35 AM by hypostatization

So a multi hundred million market cap and the prime resource for discussion has 31 members online? r/ripple has 5 members online right now and just over 1100 subscribers. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I think there has been a lot of good news, which has attracted speculators, and speculators have then attracted more speculators...

A lot can be argued in favor of XRP as an investment, but I am most interested in the merits of the Ripple protocol in isolation from XRP exchange value.

Ripple has a highly engaged community, surrounding a widely misunderstood crypto protocol and network, and that is my general message. I am most excited by the new investment interest attracting new contributors to the ecosystem.

Success of any cryptocurrency, in general, is almost religiously associated with a high exchange value. If Bitcoin continues to incrementally improve, as necessary for scale, dropped to $10 on the exchanges, and then became widely adopted---it would be hard to say that the protocol was not successful. I am not sure why Bitcoin, or any cryptocurrency, needs to trade at $10K for it to be considered a success. And this is also true of Ripple. Adoption is key, in my opinion, and it is cool seeing Ripple continue to gain traction---as well as all of the continual improvements being made to the code base.

I hold XRP as a long term investment, and do not encourage anyone to invest in any cryptocurrency without taking the time to research and understand it. Even then, investment in any cryptocurrency remains high risk.

I think the greatest odds of making money from any cryptocurrency is through building something uniquely useful on top of it, and something useful for people beyond its core community. In general, I also think that will be the winning path to ubiquitous cryptocurrency adoption. Ripple is highly oriented toward utility.

If you are a dev or entrepreneur, check out the CrossCoin startup accelerator linked in my sig. Ripple has opportunity for profit beyond XRP, and the accelerator can help get you rolling.

xrptalk.org is a useful forum for anyone wanting to understand more about Ripple---its community voice is underrepresented here.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
CoinFriend

Activity: 266

support.

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 12:30:05 AM

Ripple is great project and protocol that will be adopt by banks in couple of years.

sometimes i think, it is only made for that...

- https://www.cryptopia.co.nz  - your one stop crypto shop  -
Exchange, Mineshaft, Marketplace and much more. Check it out Smiley
ParabellumLite

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 12:55:39 AM

Well guys the pool says it all. Do the opposite of what a bitcointalk poll and you will be in the money.

Indeed. What a bear party we're seeing here and do you know what it smells like? Relief, because there is a lot of fear in regard to the growing XRP price. This dip will be temporary again, as was the previous one. But Bitcoin must succeed for a lot of people here (i.e. because they are financially underwater or foolish idealists) and therefore OP made this topic. This reminds me how much fear there is towards XRP, even though both Ripple and Bitcoin don't really share the same goals.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 02:09:54 AM

Strange fact is that Ripple is so old, but they have the lowest count of community compared to other Crypto projects.

A majority of the community gathers at xrptalk.org or in group chats over Skype. Few visit this site.

At the moment xrptalk.org has 90 users online, of which 31 are registered users. I have seen total active users frequently surpass 100, as of late. In my experience, Ripple has a passionate core community of active participants in the ecosystem---traders, coders, and those attempting to establish businesses using the Ripple network---with a broad spread of nationalities and backgrounds represented. I learn a lot through the community.

In my experience, it is much less of a hype oriented culture. I think that has been a side effect of how depressed the price has been for so long; I kind of see that as an advantage now. In general, those that have stuck around through all of the uncertainty have passionate interest in Ripple. A lot of diverse perspectives are exchanged, and critical perspectives on Ripple/XRP/Ripple Labs are frequently and openly shared.

At various points in the past, I would have definitely agreed with your perspective, but it has become an increasingly lively ecosystem. It is worth checking out.

So a multi hundred million market cap and the prime resource for discussion has 31 members online? r/ripple has 5 members online right now and just over 1100 subscribers. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

cos prolly ripple didn't attract much amateur traders, nerds, hopeful "idealists" and neckbeards.

afaik, ripple is being marketed to banks and FI's as they changed tack in their business strategy.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
PirateButtercup

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 03:09:48 AM

Clearly it is/was a correction.

Watch things heat up again on Monday as the weekend's wire deposits make it to their respective gateways and those funds become available to buy fiats/cryptos/commodities.  

...and then peter out by the end of the week...again.

Look at the runs that have started each Monday for the last month...and at the collapses/plateaus on weekends when wire transfers can't hit their gateways.

It's not rocket science ... The swimming pool is being filled, just less so on the weekends.

▶▶ UR TOKEN ◀◀
═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══
ⓄⓄ UNIVERSAL RECOGNITION TOKEN  ⓄⓄ

【 The first blockchain-based corporate rewards marketplace 】
══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━══
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 08:13:18 PM

how come that Ripple is going down in price with so many fake banks and other great news?

Ripple only went up because 'tards bought the whole supply manipulation on coinmarketcap hook, line and sinker.  It's increasingly more difficult to pull off those tricks.

Besides the "news" about the banks was always exaggerated (Fidor is extremely extremely extremely small in Germany and most there have never heard of them and Fidor is pro-Crypto not exclusively pro-Ripple) or completely made up / felled through.

http://www.coindesk.com/history-ripple-stellar-tell-all-report/

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 01:32:04 AM

700% gain isn't sustainable, take profits now or cry later.

BAM, I called the top to a tee

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ripple/#charts

Would be a good time to start buying back in USD I think or atleast over the next week or two.
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 07:51:12 PM

Ripple operates on the greater fool theory whereas Bitcoin is a mineable commodity like Gold, just a modern version.  Two totally different concepts On top of that Ripple is a central company nothing to do with crypto's philosophy.
It is in g enormous bubble territory at moment given that only a small % of coins is available to trade on the open market. Dev is keeping his stash off market and Jeb cant use his 10  Billion for some time by agreement. All the billions of coins given away to "strategic partners" (friends, coinmarketcap, banks.......) are off market as well as they have no need to recoup the investment as they where freebies to start with.
Numbers just dont add up left right centre, fast majority of trade inhouse at ripple gateways......
Rishblitz

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 03:34:27 AM

700% gain isn't sustainable, take profits now or cry later.

That seems to be the situation with cryptos at one point or another.

ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:10:36 AM

you mean the banks have a hard time to sell of the free ripples xrp's they have received as a bribe from the ripple guys. dont worry i am certain they free coins came with a condition that only x amount can be dumped per year

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:47:42 AM

Ripple operates on the greater fool theory whereas Bitcoin is a mineable commodity like Gold, just a modern version.  Two totally different concepts On top of that Ripple is a central company nothing to do with crypto's philosophy.
It is in g enormous bubble territory at moment given that only a small % of coins is available to trade on the open market. Dev is keeping his stash off market and Jeb cant use his 10  Billion for some time by agreement. All the billions of coins given away to "strategic partners" (friends, coinmarketcap, banks.......) are off market as well as they have no need to recoup the investment as they where freebies to start with.
Numbers just dont add up left right centre, fast majority of trade inhouse at ripple gateways......

I think you guys are wrong about ripple since it's fine if its run by a company (especially google labs), look for a good buy point in the next week or two.
robrigo

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:21:50 AM

Why choose Ripple with their lopsided distribution when you can support a decentralized exchange with a USD pegged liquidity token? Less volatility == tighter spreads. Serious inquiry btw... I genuinely want to know what it has going for it other than a few partnerships. SWIFT integration I guess?

Ripple may have the advantage of being around longer, but I just can't see the advantages over BitShares- centralized distribution, no stakeholder governance, volatile liquidity token, and no market pegged assets are all deal breakers for me. I guess the path finding algorithm is good though?

Twitter: @robrig0

In Detroit? Want to learn more about BitShares? RSVP for the meetup! http://www.meetup.com/bitshares-worldwide/
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:07:12 AM

Why choose Ripple with their lopsided distribution when you can support a decentralized exchange with a USD pegged liquidity token? Less volatility == tighter spreads. Serious inquiry btw... I genuinely want to know what it has going for it other than a few partnerships. SWIFT integration I guess?

Ripple may have the advantage of being around longer, but I just can't see the advantages over BitShares- centralized distribution, no stakeholder governance, volatile liquidity token, and no market pegged assets are all deal breakers for me. I guess the path finding algorithm is good though?

Bitshares is also good, they have done a great job.
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:11:31 AM

how come that Ripple is going down in price with so many fake banks and other great news?

Because ripple is a centralized shitcoin, controlled by a single entity, not good for crypto if you ask me, people are catching on I guess Smiley

kitarohotono

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:47:42 AM

it was a nice P&D  Smiley
Time to start looking the next one
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 11:48:22 AM

I sold at the top :-)

Doubt I'll be buying back in. 

Ripple has done some really cool things, but I doubt it can close on its targets. 

matt608

Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:11:18 PM

Bitshares is also good, they have done a great job.

BitShares is like a decentralised Ripple with extra features.
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:50:24 PM

ohy, someone is in a hurry to get out
FairPumpAlts

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:50:59 PM

What goes up! of course has to come back down  Grin

Was s clear as day what it was up to i hope not many here lost out because you was all pre warned ahaha

I made few hundred % and then i was goneeeeee
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:23:34 PM

ripple will go to zero. dead.

yes sir

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All