Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:52:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Atms  (Read 3185 times)
LordSonjai (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 05:40:04 AM

before we go any further I should mention I don't have a credit card and also I should repeat i was verified day one.
malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 05:41:57 AM

before we go any further I should mention I don't have a credit card and also I should repeat i was verified day one.
Most bitcoin ATMs are not going to accept credit card regardless. They are gong to only accept fiat and will generally require you to scan a QR code to the machine so it knows where to send your newly purchased bitcoin

malaimult

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 05:47:45 AM

Not everyone wants to sign up for an exchange. ATMs have a role to play. And being expensive/high fee is not stealing. If they told you a price and then charged you more than that price, that would be stealing, having a high markup isn't, its charging for convenience.

Its crazy how I have people telling me about exchanges when they don't buy from a exchange and people telling me about atms when they don't buy from atms. The atms are stealing money,not giving up bitcoin after you purchase and not giving you money after you sell. The fact that you have to wait by the machine for a hour and the price is marked up so much is only the underlining problem. If you were stuck on the road and your car was on a flat,you wouldn't think I was robbing you if i charged you 1000 dollars?
Do you have any examples of bitcoin atms not disbursing bitcoin when they should have?

Of course they are going to charge some kind of a markup on the exchange rate, this is what gives them an incentive to offer their service in the first place

LordSonjai (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 08:05:31 AM

well they put up another atm in my town recently and It stole a satoshi. So now I can finally say they didnt work for me personally.
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:11:01 AM

well they put up another atm in my town recently and It stole a satoshi. So now I can finally say they didnt work for me personally.

OMG! It stole a whole satoshi??? Have you called the police? or better yet, the national guard!?
LordSonjai (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:40:45 PM

OMG! It stole a whole satoshi??? Have you called the police? or better yet, the national guard!?

Yes it stole a entire satoshi,good thing I didnt give it anymore of my money,right jackass?
Get a life and while your at it,buy some bitcoin. Before you come on here.
malaimult

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 12:07:03 AM

Care to provide details? (I somewhat have the feeling that you are just trolling).

Most bitcoin ATMs are not going to deal in terms of satoshi, they will generally tell you specifically how much bitcoin it will sell for 'x' dollars then give you that much bitcoin once you deposit as much fiat (or it will do the opposite and will tell you how much fiat it will give you if you sell 'x' bitcoin and will give you as much fiat)

LordSonjai (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 12:14:52 AM

Care to provide details? (I somewhat have the feeling that you are just trolling).

Most bitcoin ATMs are not going to deal in terms of satoshi, they will generally tell you specifically how much bitcoin it will sell for 'x' dollars then give you that much bitcoin once you deposit as much fiat (or it will do the opposite and will tell you how much fiat it will give you if you sell 'x' bitcoin and will give you as much fiat)

Ahh the term trolling. Was hoping I wasn't going to see this as I watch bitcoin slowly crumple after I put a 30,000 dollar investment into it.

*Clears throat*

The ATM was labled liBTCerty teller. Transaction didnt' go through.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1580

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 12:23:09 AM

The ATM was labled liBTCerty teller. Transaction didnt' go through.

The question:

Care to provide details?

still stands.

You tried to buy some bitcoin, transaction didn't go through, and somehow you've lost 1 sat?

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 02:21:47 AM

I have never used even a FIAT atm so why would I use a bitcoin atm?

You've never used an ATM? How can people avoid them in this day and age?

I don't use ATMs either.  I seem to either have enough cash on hand , or I'm at the bank often enough anyway to withdrawal cash if I need it.  most of the time use credit card.  hope it will change to bitcoins soon.

asiabtc
Legendary

Activity: 986
Merit: 1000

Crypto Currency , Mining, Exchange ATM, Wallet!

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 09:03:25 AM

Take a look BitExchange ATM project.
it can help u expand bitcoin biz.
here is bitcointalk link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=901914.0
BitExchange and LIGHTNINGASIC launched 100+ Bitcoin ATM.
you can buy the BitExchange ATM, join the BitExchange ATM networks. open you own online 2 offline exchange market.
easy and simple.
here is our marketing policy:
1,hardware zero profit,
2,support the atm operator to expand the networks fast,
3,we provide free manage system,
4,get profit from the omission share.
if you have interesting, pls contact with me freely.
limited stock ready now.

here is the video:
http://youtu.be/Qlzw4oYwKkA

www.lightningasic.com. ASIC GPU矿机,ATM, 硬件钱包,挖矿。ALTCOIN,BTC,LTC,Dogecoin research, Producing BTC LTC Dogecoin Mining Machine, Exchange market policy study.Skype:  altcoin Twitter: @realSatoshi_ii Co-Founder of LIGHTNINGASIC 关注微博: @比特币矿机 TWITTER: @realSatoshi_ii, 获得最新资讯。
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: