Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 08:22:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [GUA] GUARANY. The original brazilian cryptocurrency  (Read 23933 times)
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 09:56:45 PM

1)I can compile a Linux QT wallet and daemon, if that helps.

2)But first of all another problem should be solved - none of the currently active pools allows to use Nicehash (both Aikapool and mega-hash.com provide too low initial diff, so Nicehash rejects to work with them).
Now the blockchain is stuck for 11 days at very high diff, because there is some multipool mining this coin. And its impossible to hire big hash from Nicehash to move the chain forward.

1)Great, that would really help!! Smiley

2)FujiCoin had the same problem with the blockchain, I'll ask FUJI dev how he did to move the blockchain, but I think it's just a matter of time if there is some hash.

Did you try with miningrigrentals? I'll try out this night

Finally Blockchain is moving.
I'm in aikapool.
https://aikapool.com/gua/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

Finally. Nice!
I expect miners to resume selling coins at Bleutrade now Smiley

I will compile the Linux wallets (both 64 and 32 bit) on weekend.
Would be good to reanimate this nice coin. I really like it, don't know why Wink

... this space is not for rent ...
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 01:14:51 AM

1)I can compile a Linux QT wallet and daemon, if that helps.

2)But first of all another problem should be solved - none of the currently active pools allows to use Nicehash (both Aikapool and mega-hash.com provide too low initial diff, so Nicehash rejects to work with them).
Now the blockchain is stuck for 11 days at very high diff, because there is some multipool mining this coin. And its impossible to hire big hash from Nicehash to move the chain forward.

1)Great, that would really help!! Smiley

2)FujiCoin had the same problem with the blockchain, I'll ask FUJI dev how he did to move the blockchain, but I think it's just a matter of time if there is some hash.

Did you try with miningrigrentals? I'll try out this night

Finally Blockchain is moving.
I'm in aikapool.
https://aikapool.com/gua/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

Finally. Nice!
I expect miners to resume selling coins at Bleutrade now Smiley

I will compile the Linux wallets (both 64 and 32 bit) on weekend.
Would be good to reanimate this nice coin. I really like it, don't know why Wink

If we start working on it, the price should go up soon and that will mean more people interested and ready to work in GUA !

Market cap right now:
$ 1,281
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/guarany/

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 12:48:34 AM

aika is the only pool? why difficulty is not stable? is someone putting some MH and then running out again and again?
BITCOINDENMARK

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 10:51:42 PM

I like this coin, very under the radar  Cool
drays
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 11:51:05 PM

aika is the only pool? why difficulty is not stable? is someone putting some MH and then running out again and again?

Aikapool is not the only pool. There is at least one more: http://gua.mega-hash.com/

But I think there is some private pool too mining this coin. Someone kills this coin by throwing in huge hashrate, getting all the easy coins at low diff, then withdrawing hashrate, and leaving all the others with nothing. Some pretty selfish and useless person does it for the last half a year at least (or maybe just a multipool mining and immediately dumping this coin for BTC)  Undecided

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 02:56:25 AM

Aikapool is not the only pool. There is at least one more: http://gua.mega-hash.com/

But I think there is some private pool too mining this coin. Someone kills this coin by throwing in huge hashrate, getting all the easy coins at low diff, then withdrawing hashrate, and leaving all the others with nothing. Some pretty selfish and useless person does it for the last half a year at least (or maybe just a multipool mining and immediately dumping this coin for BTC)  Undecided

What can we do to get rid off this asshole?

- Hire more hash (and make his hashpower look small)
- Dump the price (and make no longer profitable for him to mine it, just make sense to mine it for longholders)
- Pump the price  (and attract more miners and investors)

what you guys think is the best option?
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 02:57:56 AM

I like this coin, very under the radar  Cool

very very under the radar... Wink
drays
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:58:49 PM

- Dump the price (and make no longer profitable for him to mine it, just make sense to mine it for longholders)

Its hard to tell... This is a problem of many other coins. Multipools are always there, and we have to deal with them. But they become a problem only when there is not enough dedicated miners, and their hashrate us small.

To get rid of this issue, the best way is to attract more people who believe in GUA. This will resolve the problem in natural way, as they will start mining the coin, and increase the hashrate to the point where mining it is not so profitable, so multipools will drop off. This way also the hashrate of multipool will be neglectable compared to hashrate of holders. I remember when GUA was having about 100-200 MHs of dedicated miners, multipools were not an issue at all.

Sure, other opinions are welcome Smiley

BTW, I compiled the Linux wallets (both 32- and 64-bit). But I cannot test QT wallets, as I don't use Linux GUI. Anyone else would want to test?

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 01:15:29 AM

Its hard to tell... This is a problem of many other coins. Multipools are always there, and we have to deal with them. But they become a problem only when there is not enough dedicated miners, and their hashrate us small.

To get rid of this issue, the best way is to attract more people who believe in GUA. This will resolve the problem in natural way, as they will start mining the coin, and increase the hashrate to the point where mining it is not so profitable, so multipools will drop off. This way also the hashrate of multipool will be neglectable compared to hashrate of holders. I remember when GUA was having about 100-200 MHs of dedicated miners, multipools were not an issue at all.

BTW, I compiled the Linux wallets (both 32- and 64-bit). But I cannot test QT wallets, as I don't use Linux GUI. Anyone else would want to test?

I also think is the best idea, more miners, more stability.

I'll try to create some buying pressure to move the price upwards to attract some miners.

I'm not a miner, where do they check for the most profitable coins? Are we there?
http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency

I dont have linux rigth now Sad
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 07:57:05 AM

But I think there is some private pool too mining this coin. Someone kills this coin by throwing in huge hashrate, getting all the easy coins at low diff, then withdrawing hashrate, and leaving all the others with nothing. Some pretty selfish and useless person does it for the last half a year at least (or maybe just a multipool mining and immediately dumping this coin for BTC)  Undecided

I also think is the best idea, more miners, more stability.

I'll try to create some buying pressure to move the price upwards to attract some miners.

I'm not a miner, where do they check for the most profitable coins? Are we there?

I dont have linux rigth now Sad

We check that one and this one
https://www.whattomine.com/.
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 09:33:31 AM

ok, so let's ask them to include GUA. In that way it will be easier to attract miners.

https://www.whattomine.com
my post asking them to include GUA (feel free to copy it with some modifications)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=567730.msg13172448#msg13172448
ticket here https://www.whattomine.com/contacts/new

ticket here http://www.coinwarz.com/contact

btw, GUA's price has doble from yesterday!!!! Smiley Over 2,000 sat!!

drays
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 09:41:39 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2015, 09:58:27 PM by drays

Truly saying, I don't think it is a good idea to be listed on those two miner's sites...

Miners who check them, are typically interested only in dumping coins. Multipools are automatically checking those sites and redirecting their crazy hash to the most profitable coin, mine it and sell it immediately, killing the price and skyrocketing the difficulty. Those sites are unhealthy for any coin. The further the coin from those sites the better! I honestly hope they do not have Bleutrade interface and do not list GUA.

In any case, we need a community to support the coin, not just a bunch of careless miners/dumpers.

Price has doubled indeed Smiley. But if dumpers wil start mining this coin, they will push the price it back down very soon, unless there is buying power from real community members.

The question is - how to attract real community... Real Brazilians would be the best, as this is their coin! Smiley

EDIT: all this IMHO, I would be interested to listen other opinions too Smiley

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 02:46:23 AM

ok, I agree with you. We need community miners not dumpers  Undecided

Fortunately, they've said they're not getting data from Bleutrade Smiley

how to attract Brazilian people?
For now, I think we will have to attract people already involved in the cryptos and left the "outsiders" for later.

Options:
1) Get into new exchange
Positive: More people will have the posibility of investing in GUA
Negative: Small community, then difficult to get into new exchanges

2)Brazilian thread of GUA
Positive: More people will read about GUA

3)Tweet using #GUA #Brazil #GuaranyCoin #Bitcoin
Positive: People involved in #Bitcoin, may read about #GUA

What do you think about this ideas?
TimSweat

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

TimSweat

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 04:21:04 AM

mining some just to see what happens . See if it holds up . Hopefully it gains more in value and doesnt get abandoned like most others.

Good Luck.

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 04:47:51 AM

mining some just to see what happens . See if it holds up . Hopefully it gains more in value and doesnt get abandoned like most others.

Good Luck.

Thnks for your support!!

You wont get disappointed!! Smiley
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:31:42 AM

ok, I agree with you. We need community miners not dumpers  Undecided

Fortunately, they've said they're not getting data from Bleutrade Smiley

how to attract Brazilian people?
For now, I think we will have to attract people already involved in the cryptos and left the "outsiders" for later.

Options:
1) Get into new exchange
Positive: More people will have the posibility of investing in GUA
Negative: Small community, then difficult to get into new exchanges

2)Brazilian thread of GUA
Positive: More people will read about GUA

3)Tweet using #GUA #Brazil #GuaranyCoin #Bitcoin
Positive: People involved in #Bitcoin, may read about #GUA

What do you think about this ideas?

I've been thinking and I think the best options to attract miners/investor/collaborators are 1 and 2.

1) New exchange

This week I think we should focus on Cryptopia!! We already have 2 votes and the first one 12. We can do it!!!

There is also paid votes using DOT!! We can get on both, but in any case, never forget to vote!! Smiley Smiley

Cryptopia https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/HomeAction/Voting (vote everyday)

2) Can someone open a thread saying we are looking for brazilian people for the team?? Very much thanks!! Smiley Smiley
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:33:57 AM

We've got 36MH/s now in aikapool  Shocked Shocked
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:26:49 AM

Hey,

As I've said the idea was to get into Cryptopia but check how many votes has the first one

Coin    Votes    
SWING(SWING)    49    
Stronghands(SHNDs)    44    
MintCoin(MINT)    39    
Horizon (HZ)    33    
CryptoBucks(BUK)    29    
DigitalCoin(DGC)    22    
Digigems(DGMS)    20    
OpenSourceCoin(OSC)    19    
Quark(QRK)    17    
Mooncoin(MOON)    16    
granite(grn)    14    
Einsteinium(EMC2)    13    
GayCoin(GAY)    13    
PLNcoin(PLNc)    13    
BeaverCoin(BVC)    12    
Monacoin(MONA)    12    
BlakeCoin(BLC)    12    
Guarany(GUA)    11

Well, I've decided I was going to vote with DOTs in the last minute and win the DOT votes but then this disclaimer pop up

We try our best to comprehensively review every coin before it makes it on the vote list, but every now and then mistakes are made, or something slips through, or even things change during the course of voting. If at the end of voting a winning coin does not meet our requirements it will not be listed, and no refunds will be issued. It is up to the coin dev, the coin community, and the people voting for a coin to ensure that our standards are met when getting a coin listed on Cryptopia. This means:
If there are no network connections when a coin wins the vote, it will not be listed.
If the coin does not compile, it will not be lised.
If the coin does not have a website, it will not be listed.
Our listing requirements are below, it's up to you to make sure you're not wasting your vote.

WE DONT HAVE A WEBSITE!!!  Sad Sad

We only have 3 Days 23 Hours 36 Minutes 26 Seconds to make a little website!!!  Cheesy Cheesy

Can someone make a little website? Smiley Cmmon guys!!

If someones makes the website I pay for getting listed with DOTs!!!! GO GUA GO!!!
altcoiner-

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:41:33 PM

any nodes? wallet not sync
drays
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:01:31 PM

any nodes? wallet not sync

15:59:57

[
{
"addr" : "192.99.13.67:47139",
"services" : "00000003",
"lastsend" : 1452599992,
"lastrecv" : 1452599995,
"bytessent" : 143896,
"bytesrecv" : 1551533,
"blocksrequested" : 0,
"conntime" : 1452596699,
"version" : 80000,
"subver" : "/Guarany:1.4.0/",
"inbound" : true,
"startingheight" : 200067,
"banscore" : 0,
"syncnode" : true
},
{
"addr" : "96.235.180.4:8745",
"lastsend" : 1452599995,
"lastrecv" : 1452598685,
"bytessent" : 142526,
"bytesrecv" : 2039918,
"conntime" : 1452596699,
"inbound" : false,
"banscore" : 0
},
{
"addr" : "98.115.147.74:55884",
"bytessent" : 6249,
"bytesrecv" : 5507,
"conntime" : 1452596909,
},
{
"addr" : "188.165.2.147:58851",
"bytessent" : 15620,
"bytesrecv" : 3868,
"conntime" : 1452596917,
},
{
"addr" : "192.99.8.126:39075",
"lastrecv" : 1452599996,
"bytessent" : 14843,
"bytesrecv" : 7731,
"conntime" : 1452596943,
}
]

And BTW, Guarany has passed the block 200000! Not sure it is kind of accomplishment, but just a pretty round number Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: