< than 1
1 up to 2.99
3 up to 9.99
10 up to 29.99
30 up to 99.99
> than 100

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your coin count?  (Read 7630 times)
calaber24p

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

If this is life , then I prefer death !

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 03:28:57 PM

If you think that's good you'll love this. I started watching litecoin when it was in development. I was especially fascinated by how the ltc community welcomed TerryTibbs (at the time an accused scammer) into the development community without being judgmental and fucked up like the Bitcoiners were. The day Pooler opened litecoinpool I was mining with the unused CPUs of my Bitcoin GPU miners. I was also one of the first users of the reaper GPU miner for LTC. At one point I had over 17,000 ltc.

Jesus... how much did you make out with? Im afraid to ask i might get too jealous lmao.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 05:10:51 PM

If you think that's good you'll love this. I started watching litecoin when it was in development. I was especially fascinated by how the ltc community welcomed TerryTibbs (at the time an accused scammer) into the development community without being judgmental and fucked up like the Bitcoiners were. The day Pooler opened litecoinpool I was mining with the unused CPUs of my Bitcoin GPU miners. I was also one of the first users of the reaper GPU miner for LTC. At one point I had over 17,000 ltc.

Jesus... how much did you make out with? Im afraid to ask i might get too jealous lmao.

It sounds wierd but I don't know exactly. I didn't specifically track just ltc. I was involved in so many things back then and moving so many coins around. I got skittish about the price when it went over $20. I was reading so much propaganda about the inability of ltc to sustain the price that I decided to sell. I traded blocks of it for btc on BTCe until I ended up with the 100 I have left. I was really pissed when it climbed over $40. The last of mine sold at just under $30. I would guess that most sold between 20-25.

picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 05:57:48 PM

Less than 1
And i wonder how much people honest with their own votes ?

You can find the bitcoin distribution thread where you get ideas about how many people own how many bitcoins.

If you have a good job in a good economy getting 10-30BTC is easy.
DingoStar

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 07:50:25 PM

I use bitcoin for investment. Therefore, the amount of my bitcoins changes every day. But usually i have not less than 10 bitcoins  in my wallets.
franckuestein
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 08:49:01 PM

More than 1, less than 1000  Grin Grin Grin

Nah, I've ever thought that it's not necessary to say what I have (or not). In many cases your friends could say:
-"wow! you took advantage of the situation some years ago without saying anything to us"

They're stupid  Cheesy I've always said to them: believe in bitcoin, believe in the blockchain. But… they're too close to believe on it, they don't know what bitcoin can really suppose, that's why I'm always explaining everything about bitcoin to my friends and I'm going to convince him.

I prefer to maintain it as a secret and I prevent problems  Wink

[ AVAILABLE SIGNATURE SPACE ]
Foead

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 12:37:58 AM

156.0183846BTC
cool man
can u give us some bits Cheesy

TonyOliver

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 01:34:20 AM

About 1.5 at the moment.  Undecided

Free Bitcoin Giveaway - Your source for all things bitcoin
jacqfrost

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 01:25:03 PM

less than 1 Sad

calaber24p

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 01:34:10 PM

It sounds weird but I don't know exactly. I didn't specifically track just ltc. I was involved in so many things back then and moving so many coins around. I got skittish about the price when it went over $20. I was reading so much propaganda about the inability of ltc to sustain the price that I decided to sell. I traded blocks of it for btc on BTCe until I ended up with the 100 I have left. I was really pissed when it climbed over $40. The last of mine sold at just under $30. I would guess that most sold between 20-25.

Still a damn good play, with that 100 btc you have a chance to be set for life if the coins jump to like 10k each. I have a feeling one of my biggest regrets i going to be that I didnt have enough when the price rises, not that I could do more than I am anyway. Are you still actively buying or just sitting on what you have for now?
madmax6688

Activity: 215

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 01:50:58 PM

It sounds weird but I don't know exactly. I didn't specifically track just ltc. I was involved in so many things back then and moving so many coins around. I got skittish about the price when it went over $20. I was reading so much propaganda about the inability of ltc to sustain the price that I decided to sell. I traded blocks of it for btc on BTCe until I ended up with the 100 I have left. I was really pissed when it climbed over $40. The last of mine sold at just under $30. I would guess that most sold between 20-25.

Still a damn good play, with that 100 btc you have a chance to be set for life if the coins jump to like 10k each. I have a feeling one of my biggest regrets i going to be that I didnt have enough when the price rises, not that I could do more than I am anyway. Are you still actively buying or just sitting on what you have for now?

Well what if they jumped to $150? Then you're screwed..
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 05:21:03 PM

You missunderstood what I was saying. I kept 100 Litecoins just in case they climbed up to a crazy high value. I traded the rest for Bitcoins. Even if I was planning on cashing out it's much easier to withdraw BTC from BTCe than it is cash. You can always sell on LBC. I don't buy as much as I used to. Now I mostly trade pairs for little increases.

calaber24p

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 08:51:08 PM

You missunderstood what I was saying. I kept 100 Litecoins just in case they climbed up to a crazy high value. I traded the rest for Bitcoins. Even if I was planning on cashing out it's much easier to withdraw BTC from BTCe than it is cash. You can always sell on LBC. I don't buy as much as I used to. Now I mostly trade pairs for little increases.

Ooh that sucks, I was trading for a while too while playing the altcoin market, but i started to do badly so I just sort of stopped. I figured slowly increasing my coin count was probably best. I buy when I have the money to, like now when I get money from family for holidays, but its not really that much maybe only $150 for christmas so I need to find a way to increase that.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 11:01:18 PM

Ooh that sucks, I was trading for a while too while playing the altcoin market, but i started to do badly so I just sort of stopped. I figured slowly increasing my coin count was probably best. I buy when I have the money to, like now when I get money from family for holidays, but its not really that much maybe only $150 for christmas so I need to find a way to increase that.

It's hard to make a lot of money fast. Those opportunities don't happen very often in life. You might try something new to see what you can make of it. Start mining something like Goldcoin. It's a promising pump-n-dump that you may not have to hold more than a few months to make money. Bitcoins pump-n-dump days are over. If you mine Goldcoin and can't trade them for btc at Cryptsy at least you're only out some electricity. It's even better if you don't have to pay for the electric.  Wink  Remember, if you get rich on Goldcoin you owe me. lol

iluvpie60

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 01:33:29 AM

why does it matter. everyone has money, u gonna ask them how much they got in their fiat?
calaber24p

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 07:08:17 AM

It's hard to make a lot of money fast. Those opportunities don't happen very often in life. You might try something new to see what you can make of it. Start mining something like Goldcoin. It's a promising pump-n-dump that you may not have to hold more than a few months to make money. Bitcoins pump-n-dump days are over. If you mine Goldcoin and can't trade them for btc at Cryptsy at least you're only out some electricity. It's even better if you don't have to pay for the electric.  Wink  Remember, if you get rich on Goldcoin you owe me. lol

I did that for a while, made some good plays like blackcoin,dogecoin,reddcoin and some others, but the mining and altcoin scene has slowly been bleeding money, fewer and fewer pumps and more dumps it seems like. That was the whole reason I got out and sold my miners.
rayhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

be your self

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:32:03 AM

now? for now i have nothing lol
damnit  lost in gambling
should i invest in something but dont know what  Embarrassed

CrazyRabbi

Activity: 490

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:44:16 AM

well It was a good Holidays Smiley

Up to 66.88156 BTC now Cheesy

picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 05:39:45 PM

well It was a good Holidays Smiley

Up to 66.88156 BTC now Cheesy

Good for you!
Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Decentralized Asset Management Platform

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 05:48:52 PM

i think most of users wil vote for option 3
between 3 - 9.99 BTC
actually i m one of them who vote for this option

███████████████████████████
████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
███████████████████████████
.COOK.
     Decentralized Asset Management Platform     
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
Possum577 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 08:02:28 AM

Thanks to all who have voted!

The commentary has been good as well, if you haven't voted yet please do as it's great to get a sense of how the distribution of wealth lies with those that respond.

Anyone know how many active Bitcointalk.org forum users there are? Can the moderator give us a general number? With that we could see what sample size of votes we'd need to consider the results statistically relevant.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: