Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:26:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: JSON-RPC - READ SENDER WALLET ADDRESS - HOW?????  (Read 861 times)
AgoraLive (OP)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 10:35:25 AM

How can I do this?
AgoraLive (OP)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 11:01:02 AM

I ask of this because I would like to create a simple raffle/lottery/etc script using PHP which anybody can use. For this I would like to know how can I determine:

Who just send 0.01 BTC to my adress?
How do I send back the winnings to the right address?

I wan't this to be done without anybody having to register or create accounts.

I hope to get a system which can simply see: 95 people entered into the raffle, 95 recieving addresses and then return the full pot back to the winner.

I know that this may no be a simple tast because btc can be spread on various adresses, so maybe this is not the way to go, but I want this to work without an API, which may shut down and recoding made nessecary

Any ideas?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 11:53:27 AM

I ask of this because I would like to create a simple raffle/lottery/etc script using PHP which anybody can use. For this I would like to know how can I determine:

Who just send 0.01 BTC to my adress?
How do I send back the winnings to the right address?

Ask for a return address.

There is no "sender address" on the protocoll level [1].

I wan't this to be done without anybody having to register or create accounts.

I hope to get a system which can simply see: 95 people entered into the raffle, 95 recieving addresses and then return the full pot back to the winner.

What would you do if the transaction has inputs from 10 "addresses"?

I know that this may no be a simple tast because btc can be spread on various adresses, so maybe this is not the way to go, but I want this to work without an API, which may shut down and recoding made nessecary

Any ideas?

Others have failed with this approach in the past, why repeat it? Let the user create an account, deposit to your site, do the gamlbing offchain and let them withdraw when they want.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=897276.msg9877226#msg9877226

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: