Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:13:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Clarifications on BitPay invoice and receipt for BFL purchases  (Read 1579 times)
BitPay Business Solutions (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 01:56:38 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2012, 02:20:49 PM by Bit-pay Merchant Solutions

Just to answer a few common questions:

1.  The invoice should pop-up a small yellow notification box after payment has been detected (this is usually within 1-2 seconds).  Some browsers or <noscript> users aren't seeing that.

You can always refresh the invoice URL to see the updated status.  If it says "Your Order has been paid in full" then you are done.

2.  On the receipt it says "a copy of this invoice will be emailed to you."

This is actually true only for orders that utilize the Bit-Pay shopping cart (from sites like http://bitcoinmagazine.net, etc).
Since BFL uses a WordPress shopping cart, the confirmation email actually comes to you from BFL.  After payment is received, you should get an email from BFL with your order number.  BitPay will not send you an email.  Just bookmark the URL of the invoice and that's all you need.

If you guys have any further questions, just ask.

Thanks again for your orders.

By the way, if there was any doubt about bitcoin's usefulness for cross-border commerce, we all shattered that over the weekend.  The Wall Street Journal online has picked it up.  This is a nice boost for bitcoin!

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bitpay-shatters-record-for-bitcoin-payment-processing-2012-06-26

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
runlinux

Activity: 566

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 02:10:40 PM

As soon as I placed an order with BFL I received a confirmation email. I never received a followup once my payment was received from BitPay.

Code:
Dear ####,

Thank you for placing your BitForce Jalapeno order.

This is confirmation that your order was successfully placed in our system.

If you've chosen an instant payment method and have completed that transaction, then your order is confirmed.  If you've chosen a payment method that requires additional information such as a bank wire transfer instructions, please stand by for an email from customer service within the next business day.

Kind regards,

Customer service team

BF Labs Inc.

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 02:12:52 PM

BFL sends confirmation email with order number before payment sent, don't know if that has changed very recently
that's why some us had confusion and expected another email confirming that payment was received (at least those who didn't see notification on the invoice page regarding page refresh)
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 05:25:52 PM

This is an article that explains one of Bitcoin's advantages quite well (no fraud risk). Well done Bit-pay!

I also notice it is the first time that the name of Butterfly Labs CTO is disclosed in full: Nasser Gh Moeini. A little more transparency from BFL, like disclosing names of executives, would help increase trust...
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 05:36:37 PM

I also notice it is the first time that the name of Butterfly Labs CTO is disclosed in full: Nasser Gh Moeini. A little more transparency from BFL, like disclosing names of executives, would help increase trust...

+1,000

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
bitcoindaddy

Activity: 481

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 05:45:13 PM

This is an article that explains one of Bitcoin's advantages quite well (no fraud risk). Well done Bit-pay!

First thing I did when I saw that is print a copy, just in case.  I believe his name is Iranian. Anyone confirm?
gwillen

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 05:51:16 PM

Remember to check your spam folder!

I was about to write a message complaining about how I still hadn't received any email from BFL, until I realized that I should follow my own advice first. So checked my spam folder, and sure enough, there it was.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 07:44:18 PM

First thing I did when I saw that is print a copy, just in case.  I believe his name is Iranian. Anyone confirm?

Yup you're right. Thats Iranian name.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: