Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:38:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it just me or is there a change in perspective.. somethings not as it was.  (Read 2464 times)
kodtycoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 12:58:32 AM

Me too. Market sentiment definitely has reached the maximum fear level. Greed will now slowly building up.

There's never such a thing as 'maximum fear'. I've seen this sentiment again and again over the summer: People calling the final bottom and an imminent rocket launch. Nothing came of it.
BUT: I gotta agree that I, too, am optimistic that we may see a real trend-reversal. $300 seems to be quite a strong support. Let's hope it doesn't become a resistance again!

good point.. perhaps the new year can leave behind all the bearishness of 2014 and usher in a new uptrend.. god knows its long over due at this point.

Well it is just unfortunate that the calendar year started as the price toppled from its previous bubble high.

In the same way next year is starting from a much better entry and the headlines throughout the year could easily be 'bitcoin up 10, 20, 30, 40..100..500..n%'

i hope thats what it looks like lol 2014 could easily go down in history as the most bearish year in the first decade bitcoin has been around.. if we are still looking at the S curve thing the bubbles could come faster and stronger right?

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 01:06:14 AM

Me too. Market sentiment definitely has reached the maximum fear level. Greed will now slowly building up.

There's never such a thing as 'maximum fear'. I've seen this sentiment again and again over the summer: People calling the final bottom and an imminent rocket launch. Nothing came of it.
BUT: I gotta agree that I, too, am optimistic that we may see a real trend-reversal. $300 seems to be quite a strong support. Let's hope it doesn't become a resistance again!

good point.. perhaps the new year can leave behind all the bearishness of 2014 and usher in a new uptrend.. god knows its long over due at this point.

Well it is just unfortunate that the calendar year started as the price toppled from its previous bubble high.

In the same way next year is starting from a much better entry and the headlines throughout the year could easily be 'bitcoin up 10, 20, 30, 40..100..500..n%'

i hope thats what it looks like lol 2014 could easily go down in history as the most bearish year in the first decade bitcoin has been around.. if we are still looking at the S curve thing the bubbles could come faster and stronger right?

We are still very early in terms of user adoption and coin distribution. Silicon valley have pumped nearly half a billion dollars into bitcoin in the last year, into a digital experiment with perhaps 650k users. I am not remotely concerned. Things are only just getting started.
correosdelbosque

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 01:14:34 AM

the recent up turn, at least to me, seems like its not just a trend reversal but a reversal of outlook for a massive amount of people. there wasnt any heavy bounce on volume this time and nothing "extreme" happening to say "we are going to the moon for sure".. nothing major has happened.. but it just seems different this time and i can put my finger on it. anyone else getting that?

I don't think I'm particularly good at timing the market. But I have noted a gradual change in attitude.

As an example, I was at an office party last night when one of my colleagues, who is just learning about bitcoin but has invested a small amount and is at least a tacit supporter, asked a guest about bitcoin. The guest said " I am a computer programmer, and bitcoin is a gimmick." Sounded like your usual misinformed critic. But when we asked to explain bitcoin, he presented what turned out to be a surprisingly informed and thoughtful opinion about bitcoin as a currency. And it really turned out to be more of a defense than an attack -- he didn't actually think of it as a "gimmick." I'm wondering whether he opened with that word just to get our reaction, maybe thinking it was the safer opinion to offer in an office party setting ...

And just after New Year's, I am scheduled to meet up with another colleague with the express purpose of having me teach him everything I know about bitcoin. He says he is has been thinking about investing ever since I first brought it to his attention 4 or 5 months ago but has not yet taken the plunge.

The point is that in my personal experience, the public is becoming gradually better informed, and it's a good thing.

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 03:11:25 PM

Well it is just unfortunate that the calendar year started as the price toppled from its previous bubble high...

...and continued to tank throughout the year.
jaredboice

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 04:13:50 PM

NotLambchop: "This user is currently ignored."  Cheesy
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 04:44:10 PM

^
Your last contributions:

I don't mean to be rude, but isn't there someone else you can follow around?
jaredboice

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:14:37 PM

If an ignored troll speaks in a forum, does he make a sound?  Shocked
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 07:19:27 PM

Me too. Market sentiment definitely has reached the maximum fear level.

Sounds like a perfect time to buy  Kiss
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:42:17 PM

No idea what the near future holds. Next year might be flat or more of the same. I'm not too bothered.

Our trolling friends may well have had a point and/or leg to stand on post the 2011 fall and the resulting lull, but these days it's becoming harder to deny that BTC will establish some sort of position in the wider world. It may be gargantuan, or just a handy niche, but it will serve a purpose for many.  
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 07:43:37 PM

these days it's becoming harder to deny that BTC will establish some sort of position in the wider world. It may be gargantuan, or just a handy niche, but it will serve a purpose for many.  

^^ Very true!

stonerider

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:17:18 PM

"Silicon valley have pumped nearly half a billion dollars into bitcoin in the last year, into a digital experiment with perhaps 650k users. I am not remotely concerned. Things are only just getting started."

If this is case, then we are in big trouble. Silicon Valley's $ 500 million could only support the bitcoin price at $320 at the end of 2014, how much more money is required to bring us "to the moon?"
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:27:11 PM

"Silicon valley have pumped nearly half a billion dollars into bitcoin in the last year, into a digital experiment with perhaps 650k users. I am not remotely concerned. Things are only just getting started."

If this is case, then we are in big trouble. Silicon Valley's $ 500 million could only support the bitcoin price at $320 at the end of 2014, how much more money is required to bring us "to the moon?"

Very few have put money into actually buying any. It's all going into the companies in the ecosystem.
jaredboice

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:30:07 AM

He's probably talking about venture capital/company building...not just buying bitcoins
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 02:09:02 AM

I dont even think we will see a real fear unless it goes below 250$. People are getting used to see low 300's.

But overall it seems that the days of the sharp movements are gone, for now.

Without Willy and Marcus there never would've been a sharp movement in the first place.

Look at your 2 year chart and draw a line from (for example) January 2012 to current.

A nice, smooth gradually increasing line to where we are today.  Cuts the whole "fake gox bot price pump" out, and you see how Bitcoin has slowly gone up $150-200.

I believe that's what we will continue to see, with a slightly greater incline angle when actual adoption begins.

Gradual overall increases of $200-400 per year for the next 10 years.

If actual adoption ever begins...

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
jaredboice

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:17:55 PM

I dont even think we will see a real fear unless it goes below 250$. People are getting used to see low 300's.

But overall it seems that the days of the sharp movements are gone, for now.

Without Willy and Marcus there never would've been a sharp movement in the first place.

Look at your 2 year chart and draw a line from (for example) January 2012 to current.

A nice, smooth gradually increasing line to where we are today.  Cuts the whole "fake gox bot price pump" out, and you see how Bitcoin has slowly gone up $150-200.

I believe that's what we will continue to see, with a slightly greater incline angle when actual adoption begins.

Gradual overall increases of $200-400 per year for the next 10 years.

If actual adoption ever begins...

-B-

So was the Willy bot responsible for every other Bitcoin bubble in existence?  Was it responsible for Billion Dollar corporations implementing it?
The answer is no.  Gradual increases of "$200-$400 per year" ("if actual adoption ever begins") is a joke considering the dramatic amount of venture capital invested this year alone, not to mention companies like Microsoft, Time Inc, and PayPal beginning to accept it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: