Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:11:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it just me or is there a change in perspective.. somethings not as it was.  (Read 2464 times)
kodtycoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 05:57:54 PM

the recent up turn, at least to me, seems like its not just a trend reversal but a reversal of outlook for a massive amount of people. there wasnt any heavy bounce on volume this time and nothing "extreme" happening to say "we are going to the moon for sure".. nothing major has happened.. but it just seems different this time and i can put my finger on it. anyone else getting that?

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 05:59:33 PM

Me too. Market sentiment definitely has reached the maximum fear level. Greed will now slowly building up.

Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:01:14 PM

I feel the same.

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:12:19 PM

...nothing major has happened.. but it just seems different this time and i can put my finger on it. anyone else getting that?

Sounds like you got food poisoning.  Drink some ipecac & puke, just to be safe.
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:13:19 PM

nope Embarrassed
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:15:34 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2014, 09:20:22 PM by knight22

Interestingly though, some people like NotLambchop will always stay in a perma fear state of mind no matter what  Cheesy

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:24:10 PM

Im still a bit scared of a final trap but overall bullish Cheesy

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Mellnik

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:38:59 PM

Are you talking about the price or what?
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:41:55 PM

Interestingly though, some people like NotLambchop will always stay in a perma fear state of mind not matter what  Cheesy

Just a bit worried about you gentlemen.
After listening to you sob for hours after the last "it just seems different different this time," can you really blame me?
jaredboice

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 08:20:25 PM

Hey NotLambchop...I think you should know that when you trolls are on ignore, I can hear the planet Venus more than I can hear you  Cheesy
BTCtrader71

Activity: 784
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 08:52:46 PM

the recent up turn, at least to me, seems like its not just a trend reversal but a reversal of outlook for a massive amount of people. there wasnt any heavy bounce on volume this time and nothing "extreme" happening to say "we are going to the moon for sure".. nothing major has happened.. but it just seems different this time and i can put my finger on it. anyone else getting that?

I don't think I'm particularly good at timing the market. But I have noted a gradual change in attitude.

As an example, I was at an office party last night when one of my colleagues, who is just learning about bitcoin but has invested a small amount and is at least a tacit supporter, asked a guest about bitcoin. The guest said " I am a computer programmer, and bitcoin is a gimmick." Sounded like your usual misinformed critic. But when we asked to explain bitcoin, he presented what turned out to be a surprisingly informed and thoughtful opinion about bitcoin as a currency. And it really turned out to be more of a defense than an attack -- he didn't actually think of it as a "gimmick." I'm wondering whether he opened with that word just to get our reaction, maybe thinking it was the safer opinion to offer in an office party setting ...

And just after New Year's, I am scheduled to meet up with another colleague with the express purpose of having me teach him everything I know about bitcoin. He says he is has been thinking about investing ever since I first brought it to his attention 4 or 5 months ago but has not yet taken the plunge.

The point is that in my personal experience, the public is becoming gradually better informed, and it's a good thing.

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
kodtycoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 09:15:54 PM

I don't think I'm particularly good at timing the market. But I have noted a gradual change in attitude.

As an example, I was at an office party last night when one of my colleagues, who is just learning about bitcoin but has invested a small amount and is at least a tacit supporter, asked a guest about bitcoin. The guest said " I am a computer programmer, and bitcoin is a gimmick." Sounded like your usual misinformed critic. But when we asked to explain bitcoin, he presented what turned out to be a surprisingly informed and thoughtful opinion about bitcoin as a currency. And it really turned out to be more of a defense than an attack -- he didn't actually think of it as a "gimmick." I'm wondering whether he opened with that word just to get our reaction, maybe thinking it was the safer opinion to offer in an office party setting ...

And just after New Year's, I am scheduled to meet up with another colleague with the express purpose of having me teach him everything I know about bitcoin. He says he is has been thinking about investing ever since I first brought it to his attention 4 or 5 months ago but has not yet taken the plunge.

The point is that in my personal experience, the public is becoming gradually better informed, and it's a good thing.

thanks for the input, very interesting to hear about your colleague.. all it takes is for that sort of thing to snow ball and let bitcoin become a "thing" to support rather than trying to "fit in" by joining the crowed in putting it down.

the same thing happened to me last week.. iv been studying networks and software systems the last two years however i was the only one in any ways interested in bitcoin or knew any thing beyond the silk road/mtgox stuff.. suddenly i had 1/3 of the class listen to me explain bitcoin to them properly between classes lol i think they heard about microsoft and came to the decision to ask me Cheesy all that was going through my head while explaining bitcoin to prior skeptics was "i friggin told ye so" lol

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████

BTCtrader71

Activity: 784
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 09:39:04 PM

thanks for the input, very interesting to hear about your colleague.. all it takes is for that sort of thing to snow ball and let bitcoin become a "thing" to support rather than trying to "fit in" by joining the crowed in putting it down.

the same thing happened to me last week.. iv been studying networks and software systems the last two years however i was the only one in any ways interested in bitcoin or knew any thing beyond the silk road/mtgox stuff.. suddenly i had 1/3 of the class listen to me explain bitcoin to them properly between classes lol i think they heard about microsoft and came to the decision to ask me Cheesy all that was going through my head while explaining bitcoin to prior skeptics was "i friggin told ye so" lol

That too is interesting. Microsoft backs bitcoin, so another swath of people decide to take a closer look.

I wonder how many people will watch the Bitcoin Bowl and think: damn, it must be legit if there's a bowl game named after it Wink

(I ask that facetiously, as if the Atlantic Coast Conference and the American Athletic Conference were in any way comparable to Microsoft as a judge of the legitimacy of a computing technology ... and yet the question is actually asked in earnest!)

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
xDan

Activity: 688

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 11:47:42 PM

I felt the same way after the last dip... and then it went down further. Cheesy

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
magicmexican

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 11:58:24 PM

I dont even think we will see a real fear unless it goes below 250$. People are getting used to see low 300's.

But overall it seems that the days of the sharp movements are gone, for now.
caga

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 12:05:19 AM

I dont even think we will see a real fear unless it goes below 250$. People are getting used to see low 300's.

But overall it seems that the days of the sharp movements are gone, for now.
Well if you own anything more than 10 BTC< then even a drop of 10$ would get you worried,
however having just 1 BTC wont affect you a lot.

bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 12:31:43 AM

Interestingly though, some people like NotLambchop will always stay in a perma fear state of mind no matter what  Cheesy

A life well-spent Wink

There are only so many sellers at a given time in any market. The price cannot continue downwards unless there are people willing to sell. And those sold coins don't go into a black hole; rather they go into stronger hands: smart traders, value investors and big money looking for wholesale prices. When the market sells off heavily as it did in early October, it will either find a bottom or sell off further. So far we have found a bottom. It is a sign of strength that we bounced on high volume from $275. If sellers enter the market again and push us below $275, then other possibilities open up and more sellers will be attracted through fear. However, the declining sell volume and high buy volume after the initial selloff tells a story.

It's all about supply versus demand and what the big players are doing. Are they accumulating, preventing the price from dropping? It's likely, although impossible to know for sure. When the majority of sellers are gone, we are free to move up. It takes awhile to shake them out, especially those who have made money all year selling short. Some of this is also supply testing (shakeouts) by big money, seeing how weak or strong the market is and how many floating coins they can scare out of weak hands to vacuum up on the cheap.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 12:41:19 AM

Me too. Market sentiment definitely has reached the maximum fear level. Greed will now slowly building up.

There's never such a thing as 'maximum fear'. I've seen this sentiment again and again over the summer: People calling the final bottom and an imminent rocket launch. Nothing came of it.
BUT: I gotta agree that I, too, am optimistic that we may see a real trend-reversal. $300 seems to be quite a strong support. Let's hope it doesn't become a resistance again!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
kodtycoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 12:51:35 AM

There's never such a thing as 'maximum fear'. I've seen this sentiment again and again over the summer: People calling the final bottom and an imminent rocket launch. Nothing came of it.
BUT: I gotta agree that I, too, am optimistic that we may see a real trend-reversal. $300 seems to be quite a strong support. Let's hope it doesn't become a resistance again!

good point.. perhaps the new year can leave behind all the bearishness of 2014 and usher in a new uptrend.. god knows its long over due at this point.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 12:55:57 AM

good point.. perhaps the new year can leave behind all the bearishness of 2014 and usher in a new uptrend.. god knows its long over due at this point.

Well it is just unfortunate that the calendar year started as the price toppled from its previous bubble high.

In the same way next year is starting from a much better entry and the headlines throughout the year could easily be 'bitcoin up 10, 20, 30, 40..100..500..n%'
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: