Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 02:23:43 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Have a done it right  (Read 999 times)
owas (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:57:39 PM

After buying my three bitcoins last week, I have been waiting for them to appear in bitcon core desktop wallet application. As this taken almost a week sync and then "render blocks" its still not working and wont update my total.
 So I got my private key, opend a greenaddress.it account and from here requested the three coins. But I cant use bitcoin core on my desktop wallet as it wont updated my total.
 So is it correct that my coins are now safe in the greenaddress.it account, and I can just leave them there now and can I delete the bitcoincore application from my pc?
Farmer17

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 07:21:07 PM

After buying my three bitcoins last week, I have been waiting for them to appear in bitcon core desktop wallet application. As this taken almost a week sync and then "render blocks" its still not working and wont update my total.
 So I got my private key, opend a greenaddress.it account and from here requested the three coins. But I cant use bitcoin core on my desktop wallet as it wont updated my total.
 So is it correct that my coins are now safe in the greenaddress.it account, and I can just leave them there now and can I delete the bitcoincore application from my pc?

What is your bitcoin address? Have you checked the address balance on blockchain.info to make sure it is really 3 bitcoin?

owas (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 08:08:47 PM

I m not sure what my address is or where I can find it? But the balaance in greenaddress is 2.9999 BTC ≈ 647.02 GBP (although I paid £724 for the 3 bitcoins last Tuesday)??
owas (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 08:27:59 PM

scrpa that, I found it and yes the address shows the transaction of three coins today.
hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:54:26 AM

You most likely went from 3 coins to 2.9999 due to the fee of moving the coins to greenaddress. Most people do not need to use bitcoin core wallet because it has to download the entire blockchain before you see current balances etc. Wallets like multibit do not need to do this, nor does blockchain.info wallet
Farmer17

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 06:57:36 AM

I m not sure what my address is or where I can find it? But the balaance in greenaddress is 2.9999 BTC ≈ 647.02 GBP (although I paid £724 for the 3 bitcoins last Tuesday)??

Bitcoin has a standard transaction fee of 0.0001 bitcoin, so it is alright to get 2.9999 bitcoin for your 3 bitcoin withdrawal.

Bitcoin price was near $350 last Tuesday, and is now near $320.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:25:52 AM

you didn't need to import your private key in greenaddress. if you wanted to check if you received the bitcoins, you just needed to check your balance in any online block explorer.
the most famous one is blockchain.info

also it is suggested that you create a new address there and send them to the new address. you can do this with 0 fee if you are sending it to yourself and don't want to spend the tiny amount of BTC, and you are not in a hurry

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 01:37:39 PM

take a look at a hardware wallet. its more secure than what you do at the moment:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=899253.0

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: