Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:30:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED]WAMPSERVER PROBLEM ! CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME MINIMUM 1 BTC BOUNTY !  (Read 3160 times)
ptshamrock (OP)

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 05:47:35 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2012, 03:31:18 PM by ptshamrock

http://forum.wampserver.com/read.php?2,85611

My problem is recovering an old version of my wampserver project so i can continue devloping !

Anyone knows how to help?

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 05:51:23 PM

My problem is recovering an old version of my wampserver project so i can continue devloping !

Do you have all the wordpress files and a database backup?

EDIT: Read the thread and I see you do have a backup(at least from the files).
First thing you need is to create a database. If you create the same username/password combination as the previous database it will save you the trouble of editing the wp-config.php file Wink
Next step: Restore the database using phpmyadmin.

I know this isn't exactly what you want, but it's the simplest approach possible.
Rugatu

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 05:56:03 PM

EDIT: Read the thread and I see you do have a backup.
First thing you need is to create a database. If you create the same username/password combination as the previous database it will save you the trouble of editing the wp-config.php file Wink

^what psy said, did you make a sql dump with phpmyadmin before reinstalling ?

Have any questions? Q&A with BTCitcoins on Rugatu
ptshamrock (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 05:57:23 PM

Thanks for answering..

I am at the office now..will try to answer you asap ion depth !

Mayb u can getin with teamviewer?

I am a computer power user ..but somehow i cannot sovle that riddle !

would be great!

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."
ptshamrock (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 05:58:09 PM

EDIT: Read the thread and I see you do have a backup.

^what psy said, did you make a sql dump with phpmyadmin before reinstalling ?

No i only saved my WAMP directory..I fucked up my system..and had to recover everything with clonezilla and VHD mounting Smiley

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 06:02:08 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2012, 06:25:49 PM by psy

There's always the possibility of also restoring the db files, but that can be complicated in case the MySQL version is different.

A db dump in a SQL file would be the ideal, but I suppose you only backed up the wamp server, from what I understood from the thread at the wamp forum.

I have teamviewer and may be able to help you later. Send me a PM when you get back home Wink
We will need to find the db binary files and put them back on your new wamp install and pray for MySQL not to be a different version or at least that it reads them without problem.

OK, you can try this yourself.

C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.5.16\

Note the version number on the folder name. You should have 2 mysql version folders inside C:\wamp\bin\mysql\ now that you copied your old files to the new instalation lol
Copy the dir that has your db name that you'll find inside "C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.X.XX\data" from your previous mysql folder to your new mysql folder and that should be all you need to do(or not, depending on some other factors) Smiley

The above is getting confusing, so let me try to put this into some nice steps.

1- Fire up your new wamp server installation
2- Create a database with the same name and password as the previous one. You can find that info on the wp-config.php file
4- Stop wamp
4- Go to your wamp backup and search the \wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.X.XX\data\ folder.
5- Inside that folder there is a folder with your db name. Copy it.
6- Paste the folder you copied into C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.X.XX\data
7- Start wamp again and check if your project is working or not

In any case, I can always help you with teamviewer when you get home, if what I said above doesn't make much sense to you
ptshamrock (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 05:42:35 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2012, 08:44:41 PM by ptshamrock

Sorry for the late answer Tongue

I will try this in about 2hrs and if doesnt work..your welcome to help me with teamviwer Smiley

ptshamrock (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 08:43:17 PM

I did as you told me ..

FIrst I managed to solve a problem where i could not get into the mysqladmin iface.

I changed  I set mysql.default_socket = "c:/tmp/mysql.sock"  to  mysql.default_socket = "MYSQL"

now I did exactly as you said and it works..only upon wordpress admin login I see the standard wp install sceen.

I want to let you know that your bounty is growing Smiley

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 08:55:30 PM

So, did you created the database in the new wamp install with the exact same username and password combination as in the old wamp?

The WP install is the screen where it asks you for your database connection data, right?
ptshamrock (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 07:02:19 AM

I am absolutely sure

db name, username and password blank like in the old wp-config

The Installs creen is where I have to Enter Site title Email and can then hit the button "install wordpress"

BUT it also shows "user already exists on this site..so I assume i did it correct..I will try now during the day and if I don`t find a solution we`ll have to get an tv session going if you still like to do that Smiley

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 12:51:23 PM

I am absolutely sure

db name, username and password blank like in the old wp-config

The Installs creen is where I have to Enter Site title Email and can then hit the button "install wordpress"

BUT it also shows "user already exists on this site..so I assume i did it correct..I will try now during the day and if I don`t find a solution we`ll have to get an tv session going if you still like to do that Smiley

Sure. I can get on teamviewer. I suspect it's just some files that are inside the C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.X.XX\ dir that are missing.
ptshamrock (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 03:30:48 PM

I solved it !  It didnt work as the directory strucutre which was saved was from my old system !

Also I recieved Help from the Wampserver forum !

Thank you anyway! U will get ru 1BTC asap as you were also integral to solving this Smiley

Post ur adress please !

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: