Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:12:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining with Free Electricity  (Read 2168 times)
heruspex (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 06:46:38 PM

I have the ability to mine with free electricity. My parents own multiple warehouses, and i would be able to setup a server farm in one of the warehouses.  Would it still be worth mining? any help on getting started (will tip)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tosku

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 06:48:43 PM

Aren't your parents still paying for the electricity?

Skude.se/BTC - an easier way to request your daily free coins!
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 06:50:50 PM

Aren't your parents still paying for the electricity?

Nope, they have discovered the perpetual motion machine that proves overunity and generates electricity just like Steorn did !

(subbing)
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 11:36:42 PM

I have the ability to mine with free electricity. My parents own multiple warehouses, and i would be able to setup a server farm in one of the warehouses.  Would it still be worth mining? any help on getting started (will tip)

Well, you don't mention what the cost of electricity is there.   That makes all the difference in the world.

If it is well below average (e..g, $0.10 per kWh or lower) then you would probably be able to mine at a profit using GPUs.  There are many GPUs and completed, well-used rigs for sale so you could be up and running in a week or less if you really wanted.

Otherwise, there is a pretty long wait list for most anything else.

Mining isn't plug and play though.  A "server farm" for mining is more like a career change than an easier way to get beer money.

Landlords Focus On The Electric Bill
 - http://www.bitcoinminer.com/post/25945886269

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █