Bitcoin Forum
August 22, 2024, 09:26:15 PM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which mixer for combining remaining funds of abandoned wallets without tainting?  (Read 717 times)
HugoTheSpider (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 02:08:36 PM

Hello,

I have many small funds residing on abandoned wallets of different distinct projects I worked on which I don't use anymore because of privacy concerns.

The TX flow looks like (graphic #1 should be shown):

Of course, I have more than just 2 wallets.

And this is what I want to achieve (graphic #2):

I want to combine the funds to a new wallet without making the wallets taint each other.

The approach of simply sending the funds to a mixer would end in a privacy disaster (graphic #3):

As you can see: the privacy is ruined as soon the bitcoins enters the mixer.

My next approach is to mix the bitcoins in small portions which is quite expensive and could fail, too (graphic #4):

If I send my bitcoins in small portions, I still risk the mixer could combine all my TX outputs in order to serve another customers mixing order.

Anyone experiencing the same problem?
Which service(s) are most suitable and which method is the best to rescue the remaining funds without hurting the privacy?
Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 05:08:00 PM

Hi Hugo,

What did you decide to do and how did you address your privacy concerns?

In the last year, you have had time to think upon this for a while and I would love to learn your conclusions and methods.

Kind Regards,
-Chicago
Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 01:30:51 AM

I suggest you mix them through altcoins like NXT or Bitshares, which have their own exchange platforms and are completely anonymous, don't ask any ID verification.
I just give NXT as an example.
1. dowload supernet lite client, open it and click next,  next to finish account creation process.
2. Go to http://www.nxtinfo.org/nxt-faucet/ to claim a few NXT to activate it. You could input fake email.
3. Create BTC address, Send btc there
4. Open NXT Asset Exchange, sell the BTC (superBTC)for NXT
Duplicate the upper process
5. send every account's NXT to one single NXT account, sell out for BTC, withdraw to you address.
Another way is to deposit to exchange or gambling site and withdraw!

saturn643

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:51:24 AM

You could open a new mix request for each address you have and then send them all from the mixer to the same address.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1862

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 06:18:31 AM

You could open a new mix request for each address you have and then send them all from the mixer to the same address.

Yes, by sending smaller amounts (at various times and for varying amounts) to a mixer and then on to various other addresses, you do a better job of avoiding taint and blockchain-time analysis.

Or you could run your BTC through TWO mixers in sequence, bitmixer.io and SharedCoin (an option for blockchain.info wallet holders) are nice compliments, they apparently use quite different methods to mix.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:12:37 AM

I suggest you mix them through altcoins like NXT or Bitshares, which have their own exchange platforms and are completely anonymous, don't ask any ID verification.
I just give NXT as an example.
1. dowload supernet lite client, open it and click next,  next to finish account creation process.
2. Go to http://www.nxtinfo.org/nxt-faucet/ to claim a few NXT to activate it. You could input fake email.
3. Create BTC address, Send btc there
4. Open NXT Asset Exchange, sell the BTC (superBTC)for NXT
Duplicate the upper process
5. send every account's NXT to one single NXT account, sell out for BTC, withdraw to you address.
Another way is to deposit to exchange or gambling site and withdraw!

How much is the transaction fee while converting to alts? That could be a dampener!
Gambling sites sometimes ask you for the reason for withdrawal, if you deposit and withdraw without making any bets. You should be careful about that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: