Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:59:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lock my account please (RiverBoatBTC)  (Read 2784 times)
Riverboatbtchacked (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 02:46:02 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 04:31:38 PM by Riverboatbtchacked

Someone lock it or return it to me please.. any post coming it are not from me.

EDIT: nvm i got it back

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 02:55:49 PM

For proof, post a signed message from the BTC address or PGP key related to the account. If you want to recover it, PM that signed message to theymos - it will take typically 1-2 weeks. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0 for more details. Smiley

~~MZ~~

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 03:00:40 PM

Geez what did you do to piss off bitpop? He left you like 5 negatives, one of which is your dox. Was it the fact that you called him a scammer (I highly doubt he actually scammed you).

Although I highly doubt your account was actually hacked, it looks like whoever was using your account did so to troll. Either way you deserve the end result because you either trolled someone or were careless with your account security

I also see very little reason for someone to hack an account just to troll. Someone can make their own newbie account to do just the same
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:39:55 PM

Geez what did you do to piss off bitpop? He left you like 5 negatives, one of which is your dox. Was it the fact that you called him a scammer (I highly doubt he actually scammed you).

Although I highly doubt your account was actually hacked, it looks like whoever was using your account did so to troll. Either way you deserve the end result because you either trolled someone or were careless with your account security

I also see very little reason for someone to hack an account just to troll. Someone can make their own newbie account to do just the same

It was in response to this, I believe.
Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:25:07 AM

I don't think it was hacked. I think OP went on a troll-spree and is trying to pretend he was hacked. Maybe he wants the feedback or his dox removed.

I don't know what happened, but now bitpop has removed the previous 5 negative trust (incl. the dox) but added 2 new negative trust. So if it is OP's plan, it works well.

Riverboatbtchacked (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:48:08 AM

All is OK I got my account back now.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:52:14 AM

All is OK I got my account back now.

This is true
nope.
I don't think it was hacked. I think OP went on a troll-spree and is trying to pretend he was hacked. Maybe he wants the feedback or his dox removed.
you are probably right....actually you are almost certainly right. the security log shows the password changing twice and when vod's account was recovered (the only account I know to ever to be recovered) it showed the password being reset via email address
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12900

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:02:49 AM

I used the security questions to get back in.

You didn't...

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:06:37 AM

I used the security questions to get back in.

You didn't...
LOL

#FAIL

edit: why would the "hacker" change your password but not your security question?

Also if your email was hacked why would your password show up as being changed via password instead of via email?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:12:20 AM

#FAIL

edit: why would the "hacker" change your password but not your security question?

Also if your email was hacked why would your password show up as being changed via password instead of via email?

You better be careful what you say or I'll have to use my super secret exploit to hack your account.
I am going to put my money where my mouth is.

Post an address and if I cannot get it back and if you can hack my account I will send you 1 BTC
Riverboatbtchacked (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:14:14 AM

#FAIL

You better be careful what you say or I'll have to use my super secret exploit to hack your account.

Post an address and if I cannot get it back and if you can hack my account I will send you 1 BTC

1BTC lol, I won't lift a finger for less than 1000 BTC in escrow
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 01:16:32 AM

Pissed me off real good. I'm leaving hacked feedback for a bit.

And he was leaving negative feedback for everyone including me first.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:18:45 AM

#FAIL

1BTC lol, I won't lift a finger for less than 1000 BTC in escrow

I didn't post that, looks like Riverboatbtchacked has been hacked. Lock it please.
hahaha. Well I will put 1 BTC in escrow with bitpop if he wants to agree that he will release it to you if you can hack my account.

Pissed me off real good. I'm leaving hacked feedback for a bit.
I would change it to that he was trolling and claimed that his account was hacked when it was clearly not hacked
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 01:23:44 AM

If you hadn't regained your account supposedly I'd still have negative feedback and that really pisses me off. I spent years keeping my account perfect.

You also just got your throwaway hacked. Your account can no longer be trusted. Your security is shit.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 12:33:15 PM

(I unlocked this thread because I don't think it's resolved)

Assuming the real RiverBoatBTC is being honest (as in he isn't faking the hack, which would be easy to do), the most likely situation given the evidence is that the account was and still is compromised, and then the Riverboatbtchacked account was also compromised. He then posted here saying he recovered it to avoid the negative feedback (and that post which he deleted, at least the way he said he recovered it, is a lie as theymos pointed out).  

The current holder of the account, after getting several of his trolling posts deleted, probably decided it would be better to just post and make money from sig campaigns, instead of trolling and getting banned and it being deleted anyway.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:24:31 PM

He asked me to buy his account.

would you buy my account?

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 01:43:44 PM

That explains it a bit better than using it for sig campaigns.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:49:42 PM

I told him no because of the potential liability that it could have gotten banned from his trolling spree
Riverboatbtchacked (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 04:29:10 PM

Wow, great service you're running there, informing the admin about all the accounts you don't buy I see. I'll be telling everyone to stay away.

That account wasn't hacked anymore btw, me and the original owner had come to an agreement that I could keep it. You could've sent a warning about the spam before banning too.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:17:55 AM

My message serves as a warning to anyone potentially wanting to buy your account that the ownership may be put into question sometime in the future.

If badbears logic is correct then the real owners computer is probably infected with password (and probably Bitcoin) stealing malware so even a signed message would probably not be sufficient to prove ownership

Wow, great service you're running there, informing the admin about all the accounts you don't buy I see. I'll be telling everyone to stay away.

That account wasn't hacked anymore btw, me and the original owner had come to an agreement that I could keep it. You could've sent a warning about the spam before banning too.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: