News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is now the time to buy?
Time is now!
Later..

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is now the time to buy?  (Read 2073 times)
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 11:45:58 PM

Is now the time to buy?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 11:52:19 PM

ummm... I always think its time to buy...
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 12:01:40 AM

The recent movement feels like foothills to me, but I always get these things wrong. So I say no.

Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 01:54:12 PM

Buying now is risky, because the effect of bitpay dumping their 50k BTC in the market at any time is unpredictable and because of the uncertainty whether the 7.00 $ resistance can be broken during this rally.

My advise would be to wait for a serious dump of coins, close to the 6.00 $ support, or till 7.00 $ is broken.

Short term trend (1 week) is still up. (Like middle term and long term trend IMHO)
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 03:58:01 PM

Buying now is risky, because the effect of bitpay dumping their 50k BTC in the market at any time is unpredictable and because of the uncertainty whether the 7.00 $ resistance can be broken during this rally.

My advise would be to wait for a serious dump of coins, close to the 6.00 $ support, or till 7.00 $ is broken.

Short term trend (1 week) is still up. (Like middle term and long term trend IMHO)
The Bitpay situation is not that clear. Most of the coins might've been sold already, there has been high volume on some of the exchanges that they're selling at and also they offered private deals for the coins. I think that a good portion of them have already been sold. 50k BTC is a lot of coins for any one market on any given day but certainly some of that pressure is already gone.

Second of all there are people still ordering ASIC all the time and buying coins to be able to do that. The pressure goes up, down, up, down. I don't think we'll see a huge dump from Bitpay or something like that. Someone could dump of course but it's not necessarily Bitpay.

In fact I think that the effect of the ASIC orders is likely smaller than some of us initially thought. It does have an effect but apparently not the kind of effect that would crash the market or something like that.

Finally I'd say that it's a difficult situation in general. To buy, or not to buy I mean. I think the situation is the same as it was before, meaning that $5 - $6 range is the no-brainer buy zone and $7 - $8 is the zone of heavy resistance. We're in the middle and it will require significant effort to exit the $6 - $7 range to either direction.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 05:01:27 PM

Nah man, you missed your chance to get in at 32$ a coin last year Wink
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 05:12:32 PM

Now is always the time to buy.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 05:37:48 PM

For someone who isn't holding BTC yet, yes. I'd say it's still high risk, but positive expected returns because Bitcoin's chance to actually make it has never looked better.

But then again, I'm a long-term bull, so this has basically been my answer ever since the echo bubble ended in March or so. Sure, this could be some sort of second echo, but Bitcoin is looking rather healthy. Another hard crash doesn't seem all too likely @tm.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 06:03:11 PM

The Bitpay situation is not that clear. Most of the coins might've been sold already, there has been high volume on some of the exchanges that they're selling at and also they offered private deals for the coins. I think that a good portion of them have already been sold. 50k BTC is a lot of coins for any one market on any given day but certainly some of that pressure is already gone.

Second of all there are people still ordering ASIC all the time and buying coins to be able to do that. The pressure goes up, down, up, down. I don't think we'll see a huge dump from Bitpay or something like that. Someone could dump of course but it's not necessarily Bitpay.

In fact I think that the effect of the ASIC orders is likely smaller than some of us initially thought. It does have an effect but apparently not the kind of effect that would crash the market or something like that.

Finally I'd say that it's a difficult situation in general. To buy, or not to buy I mean. I think the situation is the same as it was before, meaning that $5 - $6 range is the no-brainer buy zone and $7 - $8 is the zone of heavy resistance. We're in the middle and it will require significant effort to exit the $6 - $7 range to either direction.

I couldn't agree more! Bitpay may also hold their 50k BTC and sell them slowly on the way up, thus slowing the rally down and making it even harder to break through the 7.00$ resistance into the BULL RUN-ZONE of 7+$
Because it is that hard to say, my advice is to hold your horses and wait for a good opportunity, either a sudden drop (into the 6$ range) or the break out with all signals on green.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 02:36:52 PM

Necroing this thread from a random number of pages back, just to bring this week's events into perspective.

$7.... Now, where did I put my time machine?

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:44:19 PM

The recent movement feels like foothills to me, but I always get these things wrong. So I say no.

Well, this guy apparently got something right for once. Cheesy

Nesetalis

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:46:58 PM

oh man, nostalgia...
7$... i wish it was still that cheap Tongue

ZOMG Moo!
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 02:50:47 PM

oh man, nostalgia...
7$... i wish it was still that cheap Tongue

And that's the perspective bit.

Now, think 2 years forward, and imagine yourself saying:

" 200$... i wish it was still that cheap Tongue "

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Nesetalis

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 03:49:35 PM

or "Oh man, when it was 200$... I wish I had gotten out then."
It all depends on what the future holds. For now I'll keep trickling them out and trickling them in, but mostly holding.

ZOMG Moo!
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:33:34 PM

Well, this guy apparently got something right for once. Cheesy

Cheesy I guess if you make enough predictions, some will come true.

firstlast

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:41:27 PM

For the price to go up, we need people to buy. So yes, now is the time to buy.
bumpk1nK

Activity: 265

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:47:31 PM

Now is dangerous time to buy when the price is so rising. It may last one more week, but I expect correction. Dunno where the price ends after correction

dc98wdHhcjkwleHUnBce8gd87teibN9ys38y3uTgsHG02e9-ok my keyboard works!
Insurance is a ripoff.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:56:05 PM

lol, got me! i even voted  Grin

then started wondering about the posts...   nice one !
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:58:30 PM

Old thread, I know... but speaking to that subject, I'd feel really bad advising anyone to buy right now. I'm glad I'm almost 100% in BTC personally, though...
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 08:08:45 PM

Yup. I had a pretty big coinbase order coming in, then I got coinbase-screwed. I was about to try again, but not right now. I'm feeling we're due for a pretty damn big correction. I mean, I'm hedging my bets because I'm not selling the BTC I already have, but still.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: