Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:14:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 300k Bitcoins moved in one block  (Read 3603 times)
hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:23:43 AM

On BFX you can leverage long with BTC as your collateral. Then your tradable balance grows with price, and you profit from both the collateral and the long position (which also must be sold at some point)

True, I used BFX before I moved to BTC.sx with 10:1 leverage, but there isn't near enough money on BFX to make a splash like shorting on Chinese exchanges.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 07:25:23 AM

^ For the idiots who might say it can be used for a short position... Please understand shorts must be bought back at a later time & this will cause an insane pop & short squeeze!!

Sell (short) half of the coins now at 330 causing a crash, buy the other half of the coins from yourself at a much lower price with the money from selling the first half (closing your shorts) and enjoy insane profits. Duh!

Although I highly doubt this will happen, but don't call people idiots if you yourself are one, because this can be in fact used to short without causing a short squeeze.

How is that more profitable than using margin to buy long positions at market price, get BTC to an insanely high number in which most shorts are going to get squeezed and closed out meaning it goes wayyy high and than buyers who feel they missed out jump on board...

or consider what you said, crash the price all the way down, everyone gets scarred shitless and sells, multiple exchanges close and everyone trys to close their accounts and withdraw at once... but hey you get to rebuy your worthless coins way down below? Now you have no upside because you literally destroyed the market you were hoping to catch upside in? "DUH!" Just the fact you said short HALF the coins tells me you don't trade and have no idea what margin is. Selling half short and buying half at a lower price is called a hedge... that would be considered a safe way to invest not make profits. Who is still in bitcoin to NOT profit? let's be serious... You have proven to leave this conversation as way more of an idiot than you were coming in!

This isn't the stock market, this isn't google, you make no sense, you have no idea how to trade, think before you type, goodnight.

Well given that this thread is about someone with a bunch of coins, how in the hell are they going to buy more coins WITH COINS and go margin long? This is someone with coins, the only way to profit with ONLY COINS would be to short! I didn't say this was a smart move, if you read, I said I doubt this would ever happen (due to liquidity). I just wanted to point out that you called people idiots in advance for thinking this could be used as a short, and you said some rubbish about why it couldn't , when it actually could. So calm down tard!

Oh wait I remember you, you started all those threads not knowing what market cap was and that money was flowing out of bitcoin! The last sentence you wrote reminded me of you, the one who argues with no valid points, calls people idiots when they were in fact correct, and you were wrong all along, and your best comeback was to tell them to go educate themselves when in fact you have the mind of 13 6 year old.

On BFX you can leverage long with BTC as your collateral. Then your tradable balance grows with price, and you profit from both the collateral and the long position (which also must be sold at some point)

^ THANK YOU! Somebody who knows what they are talking about, thank you! Tradable balance grows is an understatement!!! An account that big can easily gain control over 1 million COINS not dollars COINS!!! He could probably even call and ask for more margin it would be epic.

So to clarify does everyone understand why shorting with any amount of large coins ESPECIALLY at this price level just doesn't make sense and would never work?!
hyphymikey

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:26:16 AM

^ For the idiots who might say it can be used for a short position... Please understand shorts must be bought back at a later time & this will cause an insane pop & short squeeze!!

Sell (short) half of the coins now at 330 causing a crash, buy the other half of the coins from yourself at a much lower price with the money from selling the first half (closing your shorts) and enjoy insane profits. Duh!

Although I highly doubt this will happen, but don't call people idiots if you yourself are one, because this can be in fact used to short without causing a short squeeze.

How is that more profitable than using margin to buy long positions at market price, get BTC to an insanely high number in which most shorts are going to get squeezed and closed out meaning it goes wayyy high and than buyers who feel they missed out jump on board...

or consider what you said, crash the price all the way down, everyone gets scarred shitless and sells, multiple exchanges close and everyone trys to close their accounts and withdraw at once... but hey you get to rebuy your worthless coins way down below? Now you have no upside because you literally destroyed the market you were hoping to catch upside in? "DUH!" Just the fact you said short HALF the coins tells me you don't trade and have no idea what margin is. Selling half short and buying half at a lower price is called a hedge... that would be considered a safe way to invest not make profits. Who is still in bitcoin to NOT profit? let's be serious... You have proven to leave this conversation as way more of an idiot than you were coming in!

This isn't the stock market, this isn't google, you make no sense, you have no idea how to trade, think before you type, goodnight.

Well given that this thread is about someone with a bunch of coins, how in the hell are they going to buy more coins WITH COINS and go margin long? This is someone with coins, the only way to profit with ONLY COINS would be to short! I didn't say this was a smart move, if you read, I said I doubt this would ever happen (due to liquidity). I just wanted to point out that you called people idiots in advance for thinking this could be used as a short, and you said some rubbish about why it couldn't , when it actually could. So calm down tard!

Oh wait I remember you, you started all those threads not knowing what market cap was and that money was flowing out of bitcoin! The last sentence you wrote reminded me of you, the one who argues with no valid points, calls people idiots when they were in fact correct, and you were wrong all along, and your best comeback was to tell them to go educate themselves when in fact you have the mind of 13 6 year old.

Wow you proved my point again... you are in fact an idiot... you have no idea how margin or trading in general works! You should be banned from this section before you make people lose money... You probably lost all yours already... Please stop typing before you look like more of an idiot! "so calm down tard" hahhahah

Ok what was I wrong about? What point of yours did I prove right? There you go again with no valid points, straight to insults and dumb as shit like always! Its the same shit from you in every thread. And no I didn't lose mine already, I am willing to bet I have 10 times more coins than you.
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 07:26:45 AM

True, I used BFX before I moved to BTC.sx with 10:1 leverage, but there isn't near enough money on BFX to make a splash like shorting on Chinese exchanges.

Now you pretend to know what margin and leverage is... lmfao get lost  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 07:29:57 AM

Wow you proved my point again... you are in fact an idiot... you have no idea how margin or trading in general works! You should be banned from this section before you make people lose money... You probably lost all yours already... Please stop typing before you look like more of an idiot! "so calm down tard" hahhahah

Ok what was I wrong about? What point of yours did I prove right? There you go again with no valid points, straight to insults and dumb as shit like always! Its the same shit from you in every thread. And no I didn't lose mine already, I am willing to bet I have 10 times more coins than you.

I made everything bold...How are you really that blind to what you are saying???
Let me just say you probably have no idea how many coins are in the system, you probably don't even have 100 coins and you are talking about betting LOL get lost man
hyphymikey

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:37:09 AM

Just for clarification:

There is no exchange with enough liquidity (money to borrow) to go margin long with, against the amount of coins in question by OP. Period.

No exchange has 90 million USD ready to be lent out to go margin long with. Could I short half of those coins on the Chinese exchanges and then close out that short at a lower price by buying my own coins (the other half of the stash). Yep. Would there be profit? Tons, but it wouldn't be good for bitcoin. That doesn't mean that someone out there that doesn't give a shit about bitcoin wouldn't do it though.

Would I do it? Hell to the No, but that doesn't mean it is not possible!
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 07:43:54 AM

Just for clarification:

There is no exchange with enough liquidity (money to borrow) to go margin long with, against the amount of coins in question by OP. Period.

No exchange has 90 million USD ready to be lent out to go margin long with. Could I short half of those coins on the Chinese exchanges and then close out that short at a lower price by buying my own coins (the other half of the stash). Yep. Would there be profit? Tons, but it wouldn't be good for bitcoin. That doesn't mean that someone out there that doesn't give a shit about bitcoin wouldn't do it though.

Would I do it? Hell to the No, but that doesn't mean it is not possible!

Wow you really don't get what you are saying huh? What you have been saying these past posts are literally IMPOSSIBLE!
If you haven't realized how these exchanges act you should do research... They will be happy to type in that you have that amount in margin even if they don't have coins to cover it because most lose out big time when using margin and they end up taking all the coins!
300K block was probably an exchange or something anyway but you need to realize what you've been saying makes no sense
hyphymikey

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:48:06 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 07:58:42 AM by hyphymikey

I made everything bold...How are you really that blind to what you are saying???
Let me just say you probably have no idea how many coins are in the system, you probably don't even have 100 coins and you are talking about betting LOL get lost man

I have well over 100 coins sir. I have a few 100 coin casascius bars actually, just check my post history. There is 13.6XX millions coins in the system. Anything else?

There would be no short squeeze if I put up a wall with my 2nd half of coins, and then closed my short into my wall. The price would only rise 1 cent, or less if nobody got in the way. Shorting half and then buying the other half is a hedge only if you don't know where the price is going, but I in fact know the price is going down because when I short, there is sure to be a crash. So lets just say (hypothetically, not using any valid order books for this example) I sold the first half (10k btc at 10:1 is 100Kbtc) and dropped the price to 200, I went short at 10:1 leverage. I shorted 100K coins (10K of mine at 10:1 leverage), so now I am in a profit of 10K coins X 10 leverage X $100 drop. Total profit before closing out my short is 10 million. Now, I put up a wall of 100K btc at 200.01 and I close my 100K btc short without a squeeze. Profit 10 million. And thats just shorting 10K btc. Imagine (if possible) I shorted 100K btc at 10:1 leverage.

I have done this numerous times, but on a much smaller scale obviously, and I profited each time. So for you to say this wouldn't work, is 100% false.

(I understand that 10:1 leverage with 100K btc would in fact be shorting 1 millions coins, so I said I would only short 10K btc at 10:1, effectively selling 100K, which I would buy back upon closing the short)
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 07:57:38 AM

I have well over 100 coins sir. I have a few 100 coin casascius bars actually, just check my post history. There is 13.6XX millions coins in the system. Anything else?

There would be no short squeeze if I put up a wall with my 2nd half of coins, and then closed my short into my wall. The price would only rise 1 cent, or less if nobody got in the way. Shorting half and then buying the other half is a hedge only if you don't know where the price is going, but I in fact know the price is going down because when I short, there is sure to be a crash. So lets just say (hypothetically, not using any valid order books for this example) I sold the first half (100k btc) and dropped the price to 200, I went short at 10:1 leverage. I shorted 100K coins, so now I am in a profit of 100K coins X 10 leverage X $100 drop. Total profit before closing out my short is 100 million. Now, I put up a wall of 100K btc at 200.01 and I close my 100K btc short without a squeeze. Profit 100 million.

I have done this numerous times, but on a much smaller scale obviously, and I profited each time. So for you to say this wouldn't work, is 100% false.

LOLOL! You don't even know what a short squeeze is! A short squeeze happens as the price rises lmfaoooo what are you talking about hahahah this scenario you have in your head that you have NEVER done but claim you have is just HILARIOUS!

The fact you even calculate like this "100K coins X 10 leverage X $100 drop" instead of 1million coins X $100 proves that you have never traded using leverage.
I understand what you're trying to say even though you're saying it all wrong... but you're trying to prove shorting is more profitable than the way I mentioned but it isn't! You even keep mentioning about half the coins this way half the coins that way! You can use all of the coins one way until you want to change directions completely! Using leverage with my strategy literally has thousands of percent more profit than yours & yours might literally just wipe people away form BTC completely!

Please for the last time, stop making yourself look so dumb!!!

hyphymikey

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 08:01:31 AM

There would be no short squeeze if I put up a wall with my 2nd half of coins, and then closed my short into my wall. The price would only rise 1 cent, or less if nobody got in the way. Shorting half and then buying the other half is a hedge only if you don't know where the price is going, but I in fact know the price is going down because when I short, there is sure to be a crash. So lets just say (hypothetically, not using any valid order books for this example) I sold the first half (100k btc) and dropped the price to 200, I went short at 10:1 leverage. I shorted 100K coins, so now I am in a profit of 100K coins X 10 leverage X $100 drop. Total profit before closing out my short is 100 million. Now, I put up a wall of 100K btc at 200.01 and I close my 100K btc short without a squeeze. Profit 100 million.

LOLOL! You don't even know what a short squeeze is! A short squeeze happens as the price rises lmfaoooo what are you talking about hahahah this scenario you have in your head that you have NEVER done but claim you have is just HILARIOUS!

The fact you even calculate like this "100K coins X 10 leverage X $100 drop" instead of 1million coins X $100 proves that you have never traded using leverage.
I understand what you're trying to say even though you're saying it all wrong... but you're trying to prove shorting is more profitable than the way I mentioned but it isn't! You even keep mentioning about half the coins this way half the coins that way! You can use all of the coins one way until you want to change directions completely! Using leverage with my strategy literally has thousands of percent more profit than yours & yours might literally just wipe people away form BTC completely!

WHAT YOU SAID MAKES NO SENSE DUDE, WHO CARES IF I WANT TO GO A x B x C = X, I MADE IT SIMPLE FOR SIMPLE MINDED PEOPLE LIKE YOU... YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE MAKING YOURSELF LOOK STUPID.

YOU HAVE YET TO SHOW US YOUR STRATEGY, THAT WILL MAKE YOU SO MUCH MONEY. I JUST POSTED MINE, AND IF YOU CANT DO FUCKING SIMPLE MATH I DONT KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU KID.

SHOW ME YOUR STRATEGY, AND ON WHICH EXCHANGE THAT HAS ENOUGH LIQUIDITY TO DO IT, AND HOW IT IS BETTER AND I WILL LEAVE THIS FORUM FOR GOOD!
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 08:34:53 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 08:45:23 AM by Hunyadi

So lets just say (hypothetically, not using any valid order books for this example) I sold the first half (10k btc at 10:1 is 100Kbtc) and dropped the price to 200, I went short at 10:1 leverage. I shorted 100K coins (10K of mine at 10:1 leverage), so now I am in a profit of 10K coins X 10 leverage X $100 drop. Total profit before closing out my short is 10 million. Now, I put up a wall of 100K btc at 200.01 and I close my 100K btc short without a squeeze. Profit 10 million. And thats just shorting 10K btc. Imagine (if possible) I shorted 100K btc at 10:1 leverage.

(I understand that 10:1 leverage with 100K btc would in fact be shorting 1 millions coins, so I said I would only short 10K btc at 10:1, effectively selling 100K, which I would buy back upon closing the short)

1) I sold the first half (10k btc at 10:1 is 100Kbtc) and dropped the price to 200
2) Now, I put up a wall of 100K btc at 200.01 and I close my 100K btc short without a squeeze.

I don't get this. You put your second wall at 200.01 (which is 10k x 10leverage=100k) and buy it, so you can pay back your first leverage loan...wouldn't you still need to buy 100k to pay back your second leverage loan?

e. you don't pay back to second loan?

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 08:42:23 AM

WHAT YOU SAID MAKES NO SENSE DUDE, WHO CARES IF I WANT TO GO A x B x C = X, I MADE IT SIMPLE FOR SIMPLE MINDED PEOPLE LIKE YOU... YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE MAKING YOURSELF LOOK STUPID.

YOU HAVE YET TO SHOW US YOUR STRATEGY, THAT WILL MAKE YOU SO MUCH MONEY. I JUST POSTED MINE, AND IF YOU CANT DO FUCKING SIMPLE MATH I DONT KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU KID.

SHOW ME YOUR STRATEGY, AND ON WHICH EXCHANGE THAT HAS ENOUGH LIQUIDITY TO DO IT, AND HOW IT IS BETTER AND I WILL LEAVE THIS FORUM FOR GOOD!

I sent you a message to see if you want to bet a "fewcoins" on your strategy being better than the one I explained...
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 08:49:26 AM

And I still want you to permanently leave this forum after I break it down in slow English for you...
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 11:38:17 AM

Can you imagine, a world where the whole economy stands under the intense fear of instant collapse each time a large financial transaction takes place?

Yes. Yes I can

Well that's stupid.

I can't.

Can you imagine a world where the solution to the problem you imply is simply not knowing if and when large financial transactions are taking place?

The real world - The less you know, the happier you are!

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
h3speros

Activity: 189

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 12:52:16 PM

first fewcoins shouts how stupid all the bulls are and then he pulls a pump and dump to prove him right, are you rly that stupid? that's the question

only crypto market predictions, no bullshit https://twitter.com/h3speros
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 01:00:51 PM

That was me, I had a few Christmas presents to buy.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
leen93

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:09:17 PM

What's the problem with me moving some of my bitcoins?  Roll Eyes
NeuroticFish
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 6372

Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:20:56 PM

Somebody just cashed out some CLAMS! Cheesy

Now seriously, he may have moved something to (or from) cold storage. However, it's none of our business. Period.
That's why I like much more the anonymous coins. How would you feel if somebody would constantly peek for the content of your purse?

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
unent

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:28:31 PM

If he dumps them like the bearwhale it's our business because it affects us.
NeuroticFish
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 6372

Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:31:10 PM

If he dumps them like the bearwhale it's our business because it affects us.

You will know that he dumps them only in the moment he dumps. Until then, watching his wallet is meaningless.
But yeah, people can have different opinions and some people need something to do with their time, so.. have fun!

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: