Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:56:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin bank?  (Read 5206 times)
Najska

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:10:56 PM

Can you send bitcoins instantly?

No.

Can you send bitcoins without any fees?

No.

Can you exchange bitcoins with any other security in an easy and secure manner?

No.

Can you have insured bitcoin loans or credits?

No.

Is there any reliable decentralized investment fund?

No.

Those are all the areas in development. And those are what make bitcoiners need a crypto-bank. Bitcoin shows us a way to store and transfer value in a decentralized way, but it has its own deficiencies to be resolved by some innocent interventions, that is, financial applications to be built on bitcoin. There are decentralized solutions to those problems, but there are also such problems where there's nothing to do except accepting the legitimacy of a semi-centralized crypto-bank.

Believe it or not, like it or not, this is the future, and this is going to happen inevitably.

ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 06:42:06 PM

Is there any place in market for concept of Bitcoin bank?

Benefits of secured value combined with anonymity and speed of bitcoin network.

Any suggestions or opinions?

Do you think bitcoin is centralization?
make a wallet is enough for safe your btc, make a hard password, save private key, make a high security.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:05:00 PM

To be successful, a bitcoin bank would need to offer the same services a classic bank offers. That's savings accounts which provide some interest, and loans so that you can buy a house. Without offering those services, a bitcoin bank would be absolutely useless, and meaningless.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
mrozzsr (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 09:41:52 PM

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

Those are all the areas in development. And those are what make bitcoiners need a crypto-bank. Bitcoin shows us a way to store and transfer value in a decentralized way, but it has its own deficiencies to be resolved by some innocent interventions, that is, financial applications to be built on bitcoin. There are decentralized solutions to those problems, but there are also such problems where there's nothing to do except accepting the legitimacy of a semi-centralized crypto-bank.

Believe it or not, like it or not, this is the future, and this is going to happen inevitably.

I agree with mentioned above.
Iam looking for way to answer yes to all of questions asked.
I am developing testing idea of Banking subject to see if it is fail or succesfull idea.
Najska

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 10:19:34 PM

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

I agree with mentioned above.
Iam looking for way to answer yes to all of questions asked.
I am developing testing idea of Banking subject to see if it is fail or succesfull idea.
You are very welcome to join our project, then. Check my signature.

PS. We have already found a way to say 'yes' to all of the above questions, and are in the process of realizing it.

Vortex20000

Activity: 504

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 07:35:05 AM

This entirely defeats the concept of a decentralized network...

Najska

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 10:34:08 AM

This entirely defeats the concept of a decentralized network...
No, it doesn't. To the contrary, a bitcoin bank would strengthen the bitcoin ecosystem as long as everything is bitcoin denominated.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841169.msg9523539#msg9523539

picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 10:42:56 AM

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

It's funny because the real answer to all above questions is YES
Najska

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 10:46:35 AM

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

In your dreams?

LOBSTER

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 10:49:14 AM

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

You can send Bitcoins instantly from one countrie to another countrie.

Yes there are fees, but you must not send your transaction with a fee.

picolo

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 01:47:28 PM

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

In your dreams?

-Bitcoins are sent instantly but the confirmation takes in average 10min
-You can send without a fee and still have good odds of your transaction being confirmed fast
-Exchanges are kind of safe if you use them for a portion of your btc and you don't keep btc stored. coinbase is safe, locabitcoins too
doof

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 06:46:54 AM

To be successful, a bitcoin bank would need to offer the same services a classic bank offers. That's savings accounts which provide some interest, and loans so that you can buy a house. Without offering those services, a bitcoin bank would be absolutely useless, and meaningless.
I just don't see how this can happen with BTC.  Banks lend more than they have, calling it fractional reserve banking.

How do you lend 2btc when you only have 1?

Its why BTC is so great.
Najska

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 08:19:09 AM

I just don't see how this can happen with BTC.  Banks lend more than they have, calling it fractional reserve banking.

Its why BTC is so great.
Solution: Full-reserve banking.

How?

Check my signature.

OK. I'll not advertise my project any more. This was the last.

picolo

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 12:14:33 PM

Its why BTC is so great.
Solution: Full-reserve banking.

How?

Check my signature.

OK. I'll not advertise my project any more. This was the last.

If you lend twice or three times your reserves it is very conservative and could be OK with some customers but the problem in western economies is that they lend much more and customers don't care because of the government (kind of fake) guarantee on deposits.
mrozzsr (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 09:14:31 PM

I never wrote that this project should behave as classical bank.
Reffering to your argument about fractional lending, Yes there is no possibility to lend coins that are not in possesion of bank, that should be considered as large advantade, shouldnt it?

Of course bank as typical capital market instrument cannot be applied, whole discussion above was started becouse i was curious about ideas about creating something similar to banks that are known today.

Banks as capital market instruments hold savings and cash of its customers with providing benefits such as interest etc (fee for investing customers deposits) - bitcoin bank should hold bitcoins on behalf of customers and also provide some interest for same reason.

Bank invests and provide loans - bitcoin bank should do the same, but in much lower volume as  they can lend only what they have, and credit risk is much higher considering anonymity.

Bank secure deposits - bitcoin bank should too.

Bank can secure savings against inflation - bitcoin fluctuation is high, but it is possible.

There is some of major functions of bank above, and i think that same services could be provided in bitcoin environment without any difficulties.

Bitcoin is new, and it still isnt wide spread, lets make another step towards general public.
Older and less educated people dont trust it, and general public will accept it more if they will have something trustworthy to start at such as bank.
guruton

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 12:06:56 PM

Bitcoin is new, and it still isnt wide spread, lets make another step towards general public.
Older and less educated people dont trust it, and general public will accept it more if they will have something trustworthy to start at such as bank.

you are right about this and if there would be a trustful "bitcoinbank" the normal people would also start to use bitcoins maybe daily and not afraid to lose their "wallet" "account" "money".

If there would be a trusful bitcoinbank I would use that.

why I have to have wallets in my smartphone, tablet, pc, laptop?

do I want to do backups and stress about this or is it easier that there would be a bank? I have backups in my computer but when my computer says "bye bye" so I need this also in memorysticks? 

aaah...cloudservers....really...bank is the best option and bitcoin would still remain decentralized.

AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 02:47:11 PM

Your wallet is your bank , Be the bank of yourself . You have the control of all your money , you don't need a bank. I think you didn't understand what is the sense of bitcoin....

No, a wallet is a wallet. A bank offers services, i.e. loans, interest etc. People against the concept of banks are fools
picolo

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:31:09 PM

Your wallet is your bank , Be the bank of yourself . You have the control of all your money , you don't need a bank. I think you didn't understand what is the sense of bitcoin....

No, a wallet is a wallet. A bank offers services, i.e. loans, interest etc. People against the concept of banks are fools

You can get per to per services through a smart organization or invest your bitcoins to get a revenue.
mrozzsr (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:37:46 PM

you are right about this and if there would be a trustful "bitcoinbank" the normal people would also start to use bitcoins maybe daily and not afraid to lose their "wallet" "account" "money".

If there would be a trusful bitcoinbank I would use that.

why I have to have wallets in my smartphone, tablet, pc, laptop?

do I want to do backups and stress about this or is it easier that there would be a bank? I have backups in my computer but when my computer says "bye bye" so I need this also in memorysticks? 

aaah...cloudservers....really...bank is the best option and bitcoin would still remain decentralized.

Thank you for your opinion.
At least i can see that i am not only person with same way of thinking.

If you ge any ideas concerning this topic feel free to discuss it via PM
mrozzsr (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:47:59 PM

Concept of Banks in nowday economy IS wrong, but we do not get anything better.
Idea of Banks alone is great, and it improve our lives,but concept of virtual money, and continual cycle of debt is wrong.

At the moment iam studying conept of creditunion, what could be something with some advantages of Banking system (loans, security, interest, full control of account) but it didnt messing around with large amount of imaginary money in system.

Feel free to suggest any more ideas to topic of Bitcoin Bank by PM, i will love to discuss it further.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: