Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:28:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking To Rent Up To 1PH  (Read 1544 times)
Dlopper (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 05:27:54 AM

Hello!

Before I begin, I first would like to say that I am posting from a new account in order to remain anonymous to the public. I have another BitcoinTalk profile and am the owner of a Crypto related company. If a mod would like to message me to verify my other account that would be fine!

At the moment I cannot get into too much detail about what my partners and I are doing, but we are looking to rent up to 1PH of SHA-256.

We are in contact with a few companies who rent hash power, but I know some of you have large farms (or know of someone with one) that would be willing to rent hashpower as well!

If you are interested in renting please PM me! Smiley

Like I said, I invite the mods to verify my other account. Just PM me.
malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 06:44:11 AM

For some reason this feels like a scam/troll.

Either way, I don't see very many individual members having this kind of mining power at their disposal. They may have it, however it is probably deployed earning ~100% of the EV of 1ph of mining

lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 06:48:31 AM

It's not criminal activity to ask for hash or selli.besides the other account you have like all of the rest users does not have but a nickname.
Be sure you will get more attention like this.if I had 1phs to rent I would know where to do it.
Not also clear what you offer...
jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:19:27 AM

Well, I think first thing's first is to have a mod or trusted member (such as an escrow) to verify this user's other account that he claims.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:47:09 AM

Bitmain selling 1PH: https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201412171033028658LE40FU705ED
kimosan

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:52:17 AM

Bitmain has your answer:

https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201412171033028658LE40FU705ED

Dang, too late. haha Anyway, there ya go in hedgy73's reply. 1 PH ready to roll!

That photo...
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 08:12:21 AM

Bitmain has your answer:

https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201412171033028658LE40FU705ED

Dang, too late. haha Anyway, there ya go in hedgy73's reply. 1 PH ready to roll!

That photo...

I love that photo Grin.
BitcoinPappi
Legendary

Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 02:18:57 PM

Why don't you use nicehash/westhash to rent the 1 PH?
Dlopper (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 06:58:28 PM

Either way, I don't see very many individual members having this kind of mining power at their disposal. They may have it, however it is probably deployed earning ~100% of the EV of 1ph of mining

I knew posting from a new account would make it feel that way. The reason I posted under a new account is, we are trying to keep the different companies behind it anonymous until our service/product launches.
Dlopper (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:09:44 PM

It's not criminal activity to ask for hash or selli.besides the other account you have like all of the rest users does not have but a nickname.
Be sure you will get more attention like this.if I had 1phs to rent I would know where to do it.
Not also clear what you offer...

Hello, we are not looking to rent someone 1PH, we are looking to rent UP TO 1PH from a farm. Sorry if the post came across that way!
Dlopper (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:23:44 PM

We have looked into this, but that is not a rental. That is purchasing the units and having them hosted their. We are looking to rent the power.
tntdgcr

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Bitcoin Mining Hosting

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 07:32:24 PM

We have looked into this, but that is not a rental. That is purchasing the units and having them hosted their. We are looking to rent the power.

rent for how long? EOD , the machines have limited BIG Potential , so ur essentially leasing and paying for depreciation. id get back to u knowing ur actual window.

OregonMines is expanding. Are you expanding with us?
SimplisticStu

Activity: 154

♥Bitcoin-Ethereum-Ripple♥

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 07:48:30 PM

I knew posting from a new account would make it feel that way. The reason I posted under a new account is, we are trying to keep the different companies behind it anonymous until our service/product launches.

Trying to keep the different companies behind it anonymous?Huh Because they were scams/ponzi's?Huh

We will not know because you wish to remain anonymous, setting up another ponzi are you?

Rent hashpower then setup cloud mining website using said hashpower and there you go, ball starts rolling on another scam
Dlopper (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 11:20:37 PM

rent for how long? EOD , the machines have limited BIG Potential , so ur essentially leasing and paying for depreciation. id get back to u knowing ur actual window.

We are looking for a 6 month contract with the ability to: extend and add to it at the end of the contract.
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 11:23:26 PM

Sorry my mistake.
Dlopper (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 12:10:01 AM

Trying to keep the different companies behind it anonymous?Huh Because they were scams/ponzi's?Huh

We will not know because you wish to remain anonymous, setting up another ponzi are you?

Rent hashpower then setup cloud mining website using said hashpower and there you go, ball starts rolling on another scam

With all due respect, if we even WERE setting up a cloud mining website using rented hashpower how would that classify as a ponzi? Ponzi schemes payout using new capital paid. If the hashpower is there, how could you ponzi?

Like I said, the different companies will be announce at the time of launch! There will be no preorders taken.
warrensgun

Activity: 195

Mining since bitcoin was $1

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 12:56:35 AM

you could ponzi simply by having 1PH of mining power and selling it out to others as 2PH. Then you have some mining going on for your photos and such, but not enough to back what you sold.  Look at GAW - how much did they sell (who knows), how much did they have (who know -- other than i saw a few hundred TH of theirs for sale on leaserig), so having some and claiming not to be a ponzi doesn't make much sense.  Why not just put it up on leaserig, mrr, westhash, nicehash, betarigs and let it go until you find someone else.  Now that the paycoin POW is over - it's doubtful you will find many takers.

malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 01:51:55 AM

you could ponzi simply by having 1PH of mining power and selling it out to others as 2PH. Then you have some mining going on for your photos and such, but not enough to back what you sold.  Look at GAW - how much did they sell (who knows), how much did they have (who know -- other than i saw a few hundred TH of theirs for sale on leaserig), so having some and claiming not to be a ponzi doesn't make much sense.  Why not just put it up on leaserig, mrr, westhash, nicehash, betarigs and let it go until you find someone else.  Now that the paycoin POW is over - it's doubtful you will find many takers.
Another potential way they could scam is to rent 1 PH, and sell contracts for only 1 PH, but the contracts that are sold will last for much longer then the rental period the OP is acquiring.

While neither my theory nor your would technically constitute a "ponzi" they would both be a scam

lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 09:19:03 AM

Nice hash or west hash from the side of the hashrenter have to say from the small time that I used them
the payouts were as advertised and on time, Since its based on demand now that Gaw paycoin mining is over prices returned to normal.
You can try there renting some hash that you want, but think the prices that you will pay will be higher than the actual return from a physical miner if you had it in your warehouse.Off-course any physical miner in your warehouse has delivery expense setting expenses and maintaining apart from electricity cost.
Basically I think its a waste of time searching for profit with rented equipment.
Best is to buy some physical miners host them in a cheep electricity state/country and start mining
In 2-3 months time if you dont like the returns just sell
Do this in a small scale in order to avoid big dissapointments but you will get the idea what is happening

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 10:23:29 AM

why hide behind another nick ? i dont get it  Huh
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: