Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:14:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The single biggest thing that will bring Bitcoin to the mainstream in 2015  (Read 3819 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 06:33:09 PM

There needs to be a larger collection of available job types. Bitcoin can't advance unless you can be something like a common retail employee or construction worker and get paid in btc.

The concept of getting people paid in btc is the best way to enlarge the user base. But how do get people that make a living playing with hammers and screwdrivers to take their pay in btc?

They can. I work for a US defense contractor, do you think they would ever start paying in bitcoins? Not likely.

But with a company like bitwage.co I can get paid in bitcoins without my company needing to know anything about Bitcoin.

Interesting, I almost wish I wasn't retired so I could set it up. Almost  Wink

But you're a techie guy, how do you get the contractors, retail workers and everyone else to do it?

That is the Bitcoin world...just like the early days of the Internet. How did the contractors, retail workers first start shopping online or using the Internet? They came to it later, some still preferring to shop in stores.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
jarrick

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 06:34:46 PM

People getting paid in Bitcoin.

Using bitwage.co, starting in 2015 I will get 100% of my paycheck in bitcoins.

2014 was the year of big companies accepting bitcoin but converting those to fiat. 2015 will see more and more people choosing to get all or part of their paycheck in bitcoin.

There has always been a chicken and egg problem with Bitcoin. Merchants won't accept it because people don't spend it, people don't spend it because merchants don't accept it. People getting paid in bitcoin will push the spending part.

If by the end of 2015 there are 10-20,000 people getting paid in Bitcoin that is a huge steady stream of fiat to bitcoins, setting up 2016 to be huge with the halving.
I think bitcoin will be the future of the all currency. As many people will be introduced to this. They will absolutely love this cryptocurrency for its benefits. And i am happy to be part of this great things.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 06:53:09 PM

can Europeans get paid?

They used to once upon a time before the economic crisis  Tongue Tongue Tongue
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 06:55:09 PM

wow, it is really curious
could this be use as a payment method in,for example,signature campaigns?
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 06:58:56 PM

wow, it is really curious
could this be use as a payment method in,for example,signature campaigns?

You already get paid in bitcoin for signature campaigns.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:07:32 PM

There needs to be a larger collection of available job types. Bitcoin can't advance unless you can be something like a common retail employee or construction worker and get paid in btc.

The concept of getting people paid in btc is the best way to enlarge the user base. But how do get people that make a living playing with hammers and screwdrivers to take their pay in btc?

They can. I work for a US defense contractor, do you think they would ever start paying in bitcoins? Not likely.

But with a company like bitwage.co I can get paid in bitcoins without my company needing to know anything about Bitcoin.

Interesting, I almost wish I wasn't retired so I could set it up. Almost  Wink

But you're a techie guy, how do you get the contractors, retail workers and everyone else to do it?

That is the Bitcoin world...just like the early days of the Internet. How did the contractors, retail workers first start shopping online or using the Internet? They came to it later, some still preferring to shop in stores.

That's true. The more I watch the growth of Bitcoin the more I realize that I won't be alive to see it's use become commonplace.

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:17:56 PM

2014 was the year of big companies accepting bitcoin but converting those to fiat. 2015 will see more and more people choosing to get all or part of their paycheck in bitcoin.

There has always been a chicken and egg problem with Bitcoin. Merchants won't accept it because people don't spend it, people don't spend it because merchants don't accept it. People getting paid in bitcoin will push the spending part.

If by the end of 2015 there are 10-20,000 people getting paid in Bitcoin that is a huge steady stream of fiat to bitcoins, setting up 2016 to be huge with the halving.
I think bitcoin will be the future of the all currency. As many people will be introduced to this. They will absolutely love this cryptocurrency for its benefits. And i am happy to be part of this great things.

Yes, I agree with you but this will not happen by chance.
We, all ''happy'' bitcoin users should help and introduce benefits of BTC to people around us, specially to local businesses and merchants.
If we do nothing, and expect that someone else will promote btc instead of us, and do ''our'' job'', we will see very slow progress of BTC in coming years.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
slacknation

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:56:11 PM

why not just convert your salary to bitcoin yourself?
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 09:58:58 PM

why not just convert your salary to bitcoin yourself?

I could get my dollars into my bank account and then go to my bank account, find out how much my income was for that paycheck, then go to Coinbase then buy the bitcoins for the amount in my bank account.

Or, skip the bank, have my paycheck go straight to bitcoins and not need a bank account. My plan by 2016 is to no longer have any bank accounts. A few bill pay sites are starting to crop up so this will be very possible. It will be like the day I cancelled my land line telephone, it was risky at the time (everyone had a home phone their whole lives, minutes per month were limited on cell phones, signal was not guaranteed, etc.).

Gianluca95
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196

Reputation first.

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:04:48 PM

Many other company will accept Bitcoin in 2015. This year and maybe half of the next year will be a sort of catapult for the big company which has decided to accept bitcoin in this 1 and half year. But, I think that, if there will be a solution to increase the number of transaction, market capitalization will be able to reach 100-200 billion of dollar !

█████████████████████████████
███▀█████████████████████▀███
███  ▀▀███████████████▀▀  ███
███     ████▀▀ ▀▀████     ███
███     ██▀       ▀██     ███
███     ██         ██     ███
███     ██▄       ▄██     ███
███     ████▄▄ ▄▄████     ███
███  ▄▄███████████████▄▄  ███
███▄█████████████████████▄███
.Mixin Safe.

▄███████▄     
██▀   ▀██
             ▄███████▄
██▄   ▄██             ██▀   ▀██
▀███████▀             ██▄   ▄██
   ███     ▄███████▄  ▀███████▀
   ███▀▀   ██▀   ▀██     ███
   █████   ██▄   ▄██     ███▀▀
   ▀▀▀     ▀███████▀     █████
              ███        ▀▀▀
              ███▀▀
              █████
              ▀▀▀
2/3 Multisig Decentralized
Bitcoin Custody Solutions
💎
💪
🔓
CONFIDENT
RELIABLE
RECOVERABLE
..GET STARTED..
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 01:10:30 AM

imo I think were a couple of years away from people getting paid in BTC (at least on a scale enough to make a difference to the general momentum)...

In 2015 I think the big thing will be a 'killer app' that gets the public's attention and gets the facebook~tweeter~instagrammers to start actually using it. 2014 is company adoption milestones, 2015 will be public adoption milestones.

Once we get some actual positive feeling behind BTC from joe-random-public-nontech-community types of people and seeing actual large uptake in casual usage from new comers, then companies might start looking into wages.
I know many people around here think there is plenty of positive momentum in the public, but from what Ive seen talking to people, looking at nonBTC website comment sections when they run a story on BTC, all the media reports etc. etc. the majority feeling from everyone I see is 1. confusion and 2.'isnt that the online currency to buy drugs'? As long as there isnt public knowledge, there wont be enough demand on companies to switch around their salary workflow (which is not so easy actually, so there will need to be a lot of demand for it!).

OR, in 2015 a country adopts BTC as its legal tender - this then in turn triggering large scale public attention, which converts into public uptake and usage and then companies in that country pay people in BTC....

Tongue

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 02:19:10 AM

What if Stephen Spielberg decides to make a movie about it?

nicked

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 02:25:05 AM

What if Stephen Spielberg decides to make a movie about it?
Then we would have to wait for the 5th or 6th movie to find out what happens.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 09:43:36 AM

I work in an office full of people who are prime candidates for using Bitcoin. We all work in Europe using euros but get paid in dollars. The bank my co-workers use gouges them on the exchange rate.

I haven't been pushy about it but I just mention Bitcoin as my solution whenever people bring up the horrible exchange rate they are getting.

There are 10 people in my office making 6 figure incomes. A few of them have started to show interest so I pointed them to the exchanges I use and will let them do their research. I am sure by the end of 2015 most of them will get a portion of their checks in bitcoin for their local expenses. And we're just one office in a building of hundreds.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:58:48 AM

I hope the companies like newegg and overstock allow their employees to be paid in btc. They could be the leaders in that sort of "cycling" of btc. I've been a wage slave. The banks bleed you over and over. It would probably be very cost efficient over at payroll dept once it's all restructured.
I'd sign up! Put the btc in the hands that will use it!
As for big events? Don't world events tend to not influence btc? Like, user unaffected?
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 12:50:30 PM

I'd sign up! Put the btc in the hands that will use it!
As for big events? Don't world events tend to not influence btc? Like, user unaffected?

Why not sign up now using bitwage.co?  Huh

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 01:39:25 PM

I'm looking forward to the day when professionals with 6 figure salaries ask for even 5% of their paychecks in bitcoins. I just hope the US government won't invent a new type of crime of Paycheck Laundering.
promojo

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:48:42 PM

That seems a little risky don't you think considering the price flux of BTC?  Which will either drop or raise the price of goods/services you require to pay with Bitcoin?   Think about it.  Yes you can use services like Coinapult but price really needs to stabilize.  I don't think bitwage will be the thing that creates mass adoption.   There are many other problems to work out.  Just my word.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 04:12:55 PM

That seems a little risky don't you think considering the price flux of BTC?  Which will either drop or raise the price of goods/services you require to pay with Bitcoin?   Think about it.  Yes you can use services like Coinapult but price really needs to stabilize.  I don't think bitwage will be the thing that creates mass adoption.   There are many other problems to work out.  Just my word.

Risk brings reward. It was risky to buy an untested set of bits that was being called a currency when the price was worth less than $10 each.

Worst case scenario, the price drops to $10 within a few days...that would mean that the next paycheck I would be buying bitcoins at $10. I might have to delay some spending for 2 weeks. But I don't live paycheck to paycheck. So it really wouldn't matter for me.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:23:28 PM

Risk brings reward. It was risky to buy an untested set of bits that was being called a currency when the price was worth less than $10 each.

Worst case scenario, the price drops to $10 within a few days...that would mean that the next paycheck I would be buying bitcoins at $10. I might have to delay some spending for 2 weeks. But I don't live paycheck to paycheck. So it really wouldn't matter for me.

If you don't live paycheck to paycheck that puts you ahead of about 85% of the rest of the world. You're very lucky. Most people would suffer without their next check. Some of them wouldn't have enough food to last a couple of weeks.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: