Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:30:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we close wallet source code for the distribution time?
We should close wallet source code - 12 (52.2%)
We should leave it open - 10 (43.5%)
Another option (will post it in thread) - 1 (4.3%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote for FindCoin's SourceCode [Faucet Distribution]  (Read 1039 times)
DenKoma (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 11:27:43 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 11:42:33 PM by DenKoma

Guys, we have last serious (very serious) poll for Find community.

We've removed proxy functions from wallet (well, Quadmium and e1ghtSpace did it) - so no one can run multiple wallets via proxy on one workstation and get 2x, 10x, 100x more coins than other members of community.

But the problem is if we leave our wallet's sourcecode open, anyone can return this cheat to his copy of source code, compile it and get himself working wallet with that cheat enabled.

The only way to keep distribution fair 100% is to close wallet's source code from public until distribution ends.

So we are asking you: should we close it?

Or maybe you can propose another solution to this problem?

FindCoin - Anti-scam community-driven coin:
www.findcoin.info
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 11:35:15 PM

well i really understand it, but i think there will be only few ppl who will try to cheat it, i mean by compiling again etc etc, so maybe is a good idea to keep it open source, you know, ppl like to see what they are using.

Btw if you guys decide to made it closed sourced i will understand it.

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
DenKoma (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 11:42:10 PM

well i really understand it, but i think there will be only few ppl who will try to cheat it, i mean by compiling again etc etc, so maybe is a good idea to keep it open source, you know, ppl like to see what they are using.

I don't know if there can be some middle solution - like, to upload read-only source code that would be easy to read, but hard to download in proper format and compile... like, we upload it to MEGA in pdf  Grin read it as long as you like, but it would take all 10 days of distribution for you to compile it...

www.findcoin.info
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 11:57:51 PM

I don't know if there can be some middle solution - like, to upload read-only source code that would be easy to read, but hard to download in proper format and compile... like, we upload it to MEGA in pdf  Grin read it as long as you like, but it would take all 10 days of distribution for you to compile it...

who know, maybe thats the solution, im just saying that ppl like to know what they are using, you know... Wink

btw as an future user of your coin, i dont want to see ppl who download the wallet and use it in 40 computers... so i really understand you and i want to avoid it too, in the other side, as i sayd, i think all of us want to know what we are using Wink

Dunno if what you sayd will work, lets see whats ppl sayd about it.

btw ty for your reply!

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
amacar

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 12:15:41 AM

I vote for opensource code, because too many times hidden premines happened so don't want to experience this again.
SHNICI

Activity: 434
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 12:46:34 AM

I vote for opensource code, because too many times hidden premines happened so don't want to experience this again.

I'm not sure.., if it's posyble to post some from the source code.., but like DenKoma say, we don't want cheaters ... !!! Why we do that all ? every one (not every, but enough people) can try to recompile it from the source and make them own open wallet with the cheat options.., like the proxy etc..., how to avoid that ? Who can and will explain us how to protect the wallet from cheaters ? I too want to take from the free part, but if here is options to cheating... like all we know, one BIG SORRY !!!
Please think better, not only cheaters want to see what they use.., but how to protect it Huh??
So I think it's better to close it to avoid this "mistakes" ..., if have any problem/trouble it will be fixed asap... The team work really great ! If you (from the community) don't trust us, or you don't trust to the people who try to do for you something free ..., just don't use it.., just don't mess with it ..., leave it free to this who want to have it pure ..... w/o shitz ...
It will be close only for the distribution period nothing else...

(Sorry for much of you, but that comming from my heart....)

Kinda regards: SHNICI
b-trading

Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:19:46 AM

Guys, we have last serious (very serious) poll for Find community.

We've removed proxy functions from wallet (well, Quadmium and e1ghtSpace did it) - so no one can run multiple wallets via proxy on one workstation and get 2x, 10x, 100x more coins than other members of community.

But the problem is if we leave our wallet's sourcecode open, anyone can return this cheat to his copy of source code, compile it and get himself working wallet with that cheat enabled.

The only way to keep distribution fair 100% is to close wallet's source code from public until distribution ends.

So we are asking you: should we close it?

Or maybe you can propose another solution to this problem?
IMO the best choice is to close the source code until the distribution ends, that is the fair game
hobitcoin

Activity: 101

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:32:39 AM

Hi guys ...

I'm voting for closing the code source until the 10 days distribution end ... then we can open the code source ...

Thanks again guys ... cheers ...

Merry X-mas ... and soon ... Happy New year ...

b-trading

Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 05:14:53 AM

Hi guys ...

I'm voting for closing the code source until the 10 days distribution end ... then we can open the code source ...

same as what i do, i'm voting to close the source code until end of distribution
RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 01:41:27 PM

Hi guys ...

same as what i do, i'm voting to close the source code until end of distribution

I agree. temporary closed source to prevent fraud is acceptable in my opinion. people will abuse this cheat so I think it adds to your credibility to keep it closed, rather than 'being open' about it and have people cheat your efforts into oblivion.
waecrum

Activity: 97

Altcom : AZwV4Zh2MdYhvyni4QbR5c2CfsAWkcCXAC

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:15:46 PM

Hi guys ...

I agree. temporary closed source to prevent fraud is acceptable in my opinion. people will abuse this cheat so I think it adds to your credibility to keep it closed, rather than 'being open' about it and have people cheat your efforts into oblivion.

+1 I understand and i don't want cheaters.
but how the linux lovers will compile the wallet if they don't have the source? can you make a binary(daemon & qt) which is compatible with all linux architecture?

DenKoma (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:27:59 PM

Hi guys ...

but how the linux lovers will compile the wallet if they don't have the source? can you make a binary(daemon & qt) which is compatible with all linux architecture?

I've heard of some thing called Wine  Wink anyway, as far as I know, we'll have qt linux binary for download for sure. Not sure about daemon - gotta ask e1ghtSpace or Quadmium Undecided

www.findcoin.info
waecrum

Activity: 97

Altcom : AZwV4Zh2MdYhvyni4QbR5c2CfsAWkcCXAC

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:36:29 PM

Hi guys ...

I've heard of some thing called Wine  Wink anyway, as far as I know, we'll have qt linux binary for download for sure. Not sure about daemon - gotta ask e1ghtSpace or Quadmium Undecided
Thanks for the fast answer, so i vote for closing the source Smiley

fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:51:27 PM

i think source code should be closed until the distribution ends after that it should be open sourced, if someone is worried about hidden premine give the source code to some trusted member to check.
cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 05:34:48 PM

I voted for open source,

There must be another way to block proxies. You may add a control to check a spesific value like "HDD Serial Number" etc.
If this control added it's not important if there's a proxy or not.

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#
 ███.   #██████████████████████████    ███,
 ████    █████████████████████████+   `███
 '███    '████████████████████████    ████
  ███;    ███████████████████████     ███;
  ████     #████████████████████     ████ 
   ███#     .██████████████████     `███+ 
   ████`      ;██████████████       ████  
    ████         '███████#.        ████.  
    .████                         █████   
     '████                       █████    
      #████'                    █████     
       +█████`                ██████      
        ,██████:           `███████       
          ████████#;,..:+████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `+███████#,               
DenKoma (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:18:44 PM

I voted for open source,

There must be another way to block proxies. You may add a control to check a spesific value like "HDD Serial Number" etc.

I have 3 external USB HDD drives with unique serial numbers...  Wink

And adding control check in source code and leaving source code open on github means that anyone can also turn off that control check and recompile his cheating wallet  Wink

www.findcoin.info
LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:01:04 PM

Closed source will be good.It's just for only 10 days..  Smiley
SHNICI

Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 09:25:40 PM

I voted for open source,

If you simply make virtual computers, you can change what you want for serials.., for the HDD, for the CPU for everything.., where is the proof then ? The cheaters know much ways.., too and with that closet wallet some one will find way how to cheat.., but I/WE hope this will be 1-2 people only ....
DenKoma (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 12:42:37 PM

I guess we've decided on closed source code for the distribution period - 1) we are voted in this poll to close the sourcecode; 2) thanks to Quadmium, we have now working wallets for Ubuntu and CentOS, so no Linux enthusiast would feel abandoned with FindCoins  Smiley

Any additional suggestions?  Smiley

www.findcoin.info
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: