Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:05:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S3+ is junk and no support from BITMAIN  (Read 3033 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 07:26:31 PM

BITMAIN-TECH - you want this resolved? ship me a controller board.  Do it right now, this minute.

Contact BitmainSupport to arrange the new controller board.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shoemakerbruce (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:43:10 AM

@shoemakerbruce,

Something must went really wrong here and apology...

Would you please check your PM.  Sent you a contact info.  Lets resolve this.

These peeps made good!  I am 100% happy, my issues rectified and I have been "made whole" in EVERY way.  SALUTE!   Cool
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 06:46:46 PM

@shoemakerbruce,

Something must went really wrong here and apology...

Would you please check your PM.  Sent you a contact info.  Lets resolve this.

These peeps made good!  I am 100% happy, my issues rectified and I have been "made whole" in EVERY way.  SALUTE!   Cool

Well that is certainly good news. I will add that to my thread. I hope this continues.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Codemeister

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

Hobby Miner

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:02:04 PM

Well, I had a broken controller board which has been swapped for a working one. It took about 20 days in total to send and receive. The miner is working perfectly again!

Thanks BitmainWarranty!  Cheesy
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 03:15:16 AM

@Codemeister,

Please PM us, lets figure out why it took 20 days...   Angry Cry

Usually if you are located in USA, Report of RMA to parts exchange can be done as fast as the next day, average 2-4 business days on new products.  

Shipping time to return, 1-2 business days later, the replacement goes out.  (If the item received was defective)

Well, I had a broken controller board which has been swapped for a working one. It took about 20 days in total to send and receive. The miner is working perfectly again!

Thanks BitmainWarranty!  Cheesy

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 08:01:58 PM

Antminer S3 is basically okay. Support from BITMAIN in Europe however is not existent.

I have some bricked controller boards as well, emailed them, some emails back, no result. I would pay for the controller boards, not an issue.

Why do you think that people open threads with bounties to run the hashing boards on a RaspberryPI?
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 08:27:40 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2014, 03:05:52 AM by dogie

Antminer S3 is basically okay. Support from BITMAIN in Europe however is not existent.

I have some bricked controller boards as well, emailed them, some emails back, no result. I would pay for the controller boards, not an issue.

Why do you think that people open threads with bounties to run the hashing boards on a RaspberryPI?

PM BitmainWarranty and they'll sort you out, support is getting so much investment of time and systems at the moment.

RchGrav

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 12:58:29 AM

(Assuming you are having the issue of the miner dropping to 10% (ie. 50GH/s) hashing output after a bit.)

This issues description matches exactly the problem I experienced with the first December firmware I experienced after upgrading..

Why are they shipping new controllers when you could just reflash with the firmware that didnt have this issue..

I had the same problem.. I downgraded fixed the problem straight away..

https://www.bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=007201407180243004432lBQW28O0633

From Web Interface: System Tab, Backup / Flash Firmware Tab, Hit "Choose File" under Flash New Firmware Image section, Upload the latest BIN file from the link above.  

Problem solved!  (I assume it was a bad cgminer binary, nothing to get anyones panties in a bunch about.. the S3/S3+ is a very nice miner.)

4C 6F 6E 67  4C 69 76 65  42 69 74 63 6F 69 6E
Qba'g lbh unir nalguvat orggre gb qb?
el_rlee
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 08:56:28 AM

The controller board is bricked, no chance to connect by Ethernet anymore. BitmainWarranty is only servicing north America. Also BITMAIN gives only three month of warranty.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 09:52:39 AM

if bitmainwarranty 'IS' bitmain, why would 'bitmainwarranty' advise me to contact bitmain??

dogie seems to 'know' precisely nothing.

i have now been contacted by 'bitmain_janet' with an offer of compensation, 6 months late but still appreciated.

Thank you for your reconsideration of the matter.

Unfortunately you seem to have overlooked the three (3) blades that were also part of the same issue. Valued by BITMAIN  China at 100USD each.

Also, if we had closed the matter in June as agreed, then the June BTC value would indeed be acceptable.

Instead you opted to cause us all much frustration & financial burden up until now, where the BTC value is less than half of what it was when you could/should have ended the matter.

As such i implore you to re-calculate the full refund value of 260 + 230 + 100 + 100 + 100 = 790 USD in todays BTC price.

This will be acceptable & i will agree that the matter is closed. I will also post my appreciation on each thread to remove the aforementioned tarnish.

I am regretful it has taken so long and so many posts to finally come close to a reconciliation, but i welcome the opportunity.

Sincerely,

Edgar
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 10:35:23 AM

if bitmainwarranty 'IS' bitmain, why would 'bitmainwarranty' advise me to contact bitmain??

dogie seems to 'know' precisely nothing.

BitmainWarranty is the RMA / technical contact for international sales. You don't have a technical problem, you have an order dispute which requires sales / admin (BITMAIN).

MyRig
Donator

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 11:19:27 AM

PM us with your purchase detail from Bitmaintech.com

If your warranty is over (90-days), then we can offer you the parts for purchase.

The controller board is bricked, no chance to connect by Ethernet anymore. BitmainWarranty is only servicing north America. Also BITMAIN gives only three month of warranty.

Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
el_rlee
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 11:25:44 AM

PM us with your purchase detail from Bitmaintech.com

If your warranty is over (90-days), then we can offer you the parts for purchase.

I did.
Several emails with a Yoshi Goto...

S3 Control PCB x 2 is what you need right?

Please let me know where to ship them.  I'll see if I can do some
magic for you.  (it would be easier if you could cover the shipping
fee of about $50 then I can just tell the warehouse to ship them)

YOSHI

My answer:

Hi,

Can I buy some more so shipping makes more sense? Can I pay with bitcoin?
My address and details are:

*DETAILS*

Thanks!

No answer no anymore... that was it.
MyRig
Donator

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 11:36:28 AM

FYI to ALL

Warranty for Bitmain Antminer Products come with 90-day parts replacement warranty to the original purchaser. 

If the warranty expires, the replacement parts may be available for purchase.

If you were not the purchaser or the new owner of the second hand products... 

Parts priority may go to the current in-warranty customer, then expired warranty customer, and the 3rd party customer who wants to purchase parts to provide services to others.

MyRig
Donator

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 11:37:56 AM

@el_rlee,

Messaged him to contact you.  Give him a half a day or a full day to reach out to you, it is Sunday for him

el_rlee
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 11:39:00 AM

@el_rlee,

Messaged him to contact you.  Give him a half a day or a full day to reach out to you, it is Sunday for him

Hi. What's the regular price of a controller board? Why not make them available in the webshop/resellers? Many people are left in the rain with exactly the same problem... bricked controller board.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 11:44:20 PM

@el_rlee,

Messaged him to contact you.  Give him a half a day or a full day to reach out to you, it is Sunday for him

Hi. What's the regular price of a controller board? Why not make them available in the webshop/resellers? Many people are left in the rain with exactly the same problem... bricked controller board.

They're not for open sale as it were and more reserve stock for warranties or customers in need. Opening up the sale of spares that aren't for still in production miners risks not being able to service warranty replacements because people tend to hoard.

dbm74

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 11:56:57 PM

You have just been sent a personal message by dbm74 on Bitcoin Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

i have 26 s3's and my s3' were crashing many times a day thy were working good and then crash down to 40 gh/s i have been working on this problem for a month and finely fixed them.
if you had flashed bitmains last firmware 1226 thats the problem and reset wont work and if you flash back to earlier program it crashes the miner and is un bootable.
i am willing to enplane step by step how to recover the unbootable miner and flash crashing miners back to good firmware with success. bitmain is making tones of btc telling people the control boards are bad just like thy told me and i fixed it. it took me three hrs to set up and figure it out and now that im setup it only takes 15 minuts to fix a crashed s3's.
if you want the help i can give it and in return it would be nice to get a btc donation for saving you tons of time and money
el_rlee
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 07:10:56 AM

@el_rlee,

Messaged him to contact you.  Give him a half a day or a full day to reach out to you, it is Sunday for him

They're not for open sale as it were and more reserve stock for warranties or customers in need. Opening up the sale of spares that aren't for still in production miners risks not being able to service warranty replacements because people tend to hoard.

What are you talking? Please give any proof/source for not totally making that up.
Do you actually get paid by the posting?

I got contacted by BITMAINTECH - let's give this another try.
el_rlee
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 07:22:01 AM

You have just been sent a personal message by dbm74 on Bitcoin Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

i have 26 s3's and my s3' were crashing many times a day thy were working good and then crash down to 40 gh/s i have been working on this problem for a month and finely fixed them.
if you had flashed bitmains last firmware 1226 thats the problem and reset wont work and if you flash back to earlier program it crashes the miner and is un bootable.
i am willing to enplane step by step how to recover the unbootable miner and flash crashing miners back to good firmware with success. bitmain is making tones of btc telling people the control boards are bad just like thy told me and i fixed it. it took me three hrs to set up and figure it out and now that im setup it only takes 15 minuts to fix a crashed s3's.
if you want the help i can give it and in return it would be nice to get a btc donation for saving you tons of time and money

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=889206.msg9890239 have a look here, that's the problem I'm having
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: