Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:49:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL, answer me this!  (Read 3683 times)
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 03:44:44 PM

What about people who currently have preorders for prior-gen singles, and want to upgrade to the new ones?  I've seen this question asked all over the place, but have yet to see an answer for it...

EDIT:  Oh, and a question to go along with that.  What would be the priority of the changed orders?  Are they part of the 1/3 group?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 04:22:30 PM

The fact they are only take non-refundable payments makes me worry.

Morblias

Activity: 576
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 04:26:58 PM

They really suck at answering questions.

Please let us know if you have any questions in this regard.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Thank you for the info, it is much appreciated. Do you have a policy for the emails we sent about switching our say 2 single orders for 1 SC + cash? Since it is taking ~4 days for emails to be answered, could we maybe be placed in queue when the email was sent + however long it takes to get the extra cash after we get instructions on where to send the extra cash?
No response.

My 5 day old email is still unanswered to switch my 2 singles to 1 SC + the price difference and I have a feeling this order will be placed at the very end of the line because of this answering email delay. 5 days and no response to an email...

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
BFL

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 04:43:50 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2012, 05:04:12 PM by BFL

What about people who currently have preorders for prior-gen singles, and want to upgrade to the new ones?  I've seen this question asked all over the place, but have yet to see an answer for it...

EDIT:  Oh, and a question to go along with that.  What would be the priority of the changed orders?  Are they part of the 1/3 group?

If you've paid and have yet to receive your unit you can upgrade your order to SC based products.  You would have to make up the difference in values if any depending on what you wanted to upgrade into.  Regarding shipment priority classification, you'd be in the upgrade group.

If you intend to upgrade anyway, you're better of taking delivery of your current gen unit and enjoying it's mining power til your SC upgrade is ready to ship.  If on the other hand you want to conserve your investment, then converting your undelivered order would be a viable option.  You'd only loose mining time in the wait.  You should also consider the relative hashing power of today's gear is probably going to be similar to the relative hashing power of gear after the market stabilizes at some unknown point in the future.  The strong initial profitability will balance out as the market matures.  

Butterfly Labs  -  www.butterflylabs.com  -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
byte1

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 05:20:20 PM

Not if you are going to deliver my order on Sep 30th.  Grin
MXRider

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 05:29:11 PM

The fact they are only take non-refundable payments makes me worry.

How many times this need to be answered?

It doesn't matter what payment method you use. Paypal won't refund your payment in October if you pay now. If you order in October the waitlist is so long that you won't get your unit in 2012. Paypal offers refund only 30 days from the payment.

BFL has said that if you really want a refund they can do that for you. I just don't understand why anyone would want a refund if they bought ASIC.
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 05:39:30 PM

EDIT:  Oh, and a question to go along with that.  What would be the priority of the changed orders?  Are they part of the 1/3 group?

If you've paid and have yet to receive your unit you can upgrade your order to SC based products.  You would have to make up the difference in values if any depending on what you wanted to upgrade into.  Regarding shipment priority classification, you'd be in the upgrade group.

If you intend to upgrade anyway, you're better of taking delivery of your current gen unit and enjoying it's mining power til your SC upgrade is ready to ship.  If on the other hand you want to conserve your investment, then converting your undelivered order would be a viable option.  You'd only loose mining time in the wait.  You should also consider the relative hashing power of today's gear is probably going to be similar to the relative hashing power of gear after the market stabilizes at some unknown point in the future.  The strong initial profitability will balance out as the market matures.  
Thanks for the response BFL.

I have 4 prior-gen singles on order.  I don't have significant additional funds to invest in mining, so didn't want to take delivery of all 4 of them.  I would rather change the order to 2 of them, and save the additional $1200 to put towards upgrading to 2 of the SC Singles when the time comes (paying the difference between the two orders, of course).

Two more questions then:
1) When/how can I upgrade part of my order to SC based products?
2) Will I be placed in the back of the line of all of the people who have submitted upgrade orders for SC products already?

I do understand and agree that the market will balance out and stabilize in the future, and it is my opinion that it won't be all too different from current ROI's, but I certainly want to get in the game as early as possible for some of that first-miner advantage as well.  Wink
nedbert9

Activity: 252

Inactive

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 05:59:17 PM

I have 4 prior-gen singles on order.  I don't have significant additional funds to invest in mining, so didn't want to take delivery of all 4 of them.  I would rather change the order to 2 of them, and save the additional $1200 to put towards upgrading to 2 of the SC Singles when the time comes (paying the difference between the two orders, of course).

Two more questions then:
2) Will I be placed in the back of the line of all of the people who have submitted upgrade orders for SC products already?

I do understand and agree that the market will balance out and stabilize in the future, and it is my opinion that it won't be all too different from current ROI's, but I certainly want to get in the game as early as possible for some of that first-miner advantage as well.  Wink

Waiting to place an order is a terrible idea if that in the upgrade group they deliver in order.  Why wouldn't they deliver in order received? 

So, I can imagine what the answer will be, but to leave no doubt remaining this question needs to be answered.
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 06:02:54 PM

Two more questions then:

Waiting to place an order is a terrible idea if that in the upgrade group they deliver in order.  Why wouldn't they deliver in order received? 

So, I can imagine what the answer will be, but to leave no doubt remaining this question needs to be answered.
Well, that is my hope that they would deliver in order received, which would mean anyone who ordered prior to the SC pre-order who wanted to convert their order would get first delivery.
Buckwheet

Activity: 169

Green Mining 85% Cheaper

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 06:06:54 PM

I have 10 singles on order that are paid for. I want to change this order to 2 SC singles, 5 normal singles, and a refund of the cash for the left over currency.

I have emailed your offices with no reply. Please tell us in detail how we are supposed to accomplish this change?

Edit: If you are willing to change the order to just 2 SC singles and refund me the rest of the cash I would be happy to do that. I can make a lot more ROI with the cash then I will be able to do even if you delivered the 5 singles in the above request.

BFL

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 06:11:32 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2012, 06:54:44 PM by BFL

I have 10 singles on order that are paid for. I want to change this order to 2 SC singles, 5 normal singles, and a refund of the cash for the left over currency.

I have emailed your offices with no reply. Please tell us in detail how we are supposed to accomplish this change?

Edit: If you are willing to change the order to just 2 SC singles and refund me the rest of the cash I would be happy to do that. I can make a lot more ROI with the cash then I will be able to do even if you delivered the 5 singles in the above request.

The forums aren't an effective mechanism to handle individual customer accounts or to work around the flood of new emails.  We're working as fast as we can to catch up and address your questions & process your orders.  We now have three dedicated staff members doing nothing else.

Our posts on the forum are meant to clarify policy so you don't have to speculate, wait and wonder.  

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 06:43:08 PM

See look guys, 3 reps doing nothing but answering emails all day. You can't say they aren't trying.

However BFL, it seems that you may be better suited to being a wholesaler only, perhaps you should use Roger (http://memorydealers.com/) as your distribution point for customer sales....

EDIT: Or maybe cablesaurus: http://cablesaurus.com/

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 07:00:38 PM

So can I upgrade my mini-rig fpga and get 12 Single SC's and just pay the difference of that?  Can I still take delivery on my mini-rig fpga to send back later?
Buckwheet

Green Mining 85% Cheaper

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 07:11:58 PM

Apparently they don't answer questions for individual orders or users on the forum. Even if our orders could be used as "examples" on what you could do with your pending order.

Good luck getting a response. My only question to them was "Provide in detail what we are supposed to do to change the order." Instead of telling me what to do, they chastise me for saying they don't respond to individual orders on the forum and their posts here are just to clarify policy.

So once again, I emailed your offices over 5 days ago with no response to just a simple question. I am asking that simple question again here:

Please tell us in detail how we are supposed to accomplish a change in our PAID orders that you have not delivered? I don't feel like sending in again yet another email that may or may not get addressed in the next 5 days if that is not what I am supposed to do. I am not trying to "jump the line".

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 07:43:29 PM

So can I upgrade my mini-rig fpga and get 12 Single SC's and just pay the difference of that?  Can I still take delivery on my mini-rig fpga to send back later?

From what I can tell, if you take delivery of your FPGA product, and what to ship it back later, it counts as a trade-in (meaning you need to spend as much $ as your trade in is worth). It's 2 separate transactions: 1 to buy the FPGA, and one to exchange the FPGA for an ASIC (and pay the difference).

If you decide not to receive the current gen FPGA and change your order to an ASIC, they just update your order to an ASIC with the money you paid for your FPGA. You do not get to mine with the FPGA, but you dont need to pay more money to upgrade, either. Your items are still shipped with the 1/3 of the orders that are trade-ups, tho.

I could be wrong about this, but this is the impression I've gotten from BFL's posts here on the forums, and from their replies to my emails.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
BFL

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 09:35:31 PM

From what I can tell, if you take delivery of your FPGA product, and what to ship it back later, it counts as a trade-in (meaning you need to spend as much $ as your trade in is worth). It's 2 separate transactions: 1 to buy the FPGA, and one to exchange the FPGA for an ASIC (and pay the difference).

If you decide not to receive the current gen FPGA and change your order to an ASIC, they just update your order to an ASIC with the money you paid for your FPGA. You do not get to mine with the FPGA, but you dont need to pay more money to upgrade, either. Your items are still shipped with the 1/3 of the orders that are trade-ups, tho.

I could be wrong about this, but this is the impression I've gotten from BFL's posts here on the forums, and from their replies to my emails.

Yes, this is correct.  (thank you).

Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 09:43:07 PM

Yes, this is correct.  (thank you).

That clears up a lot.  Option #2 would be the most ideal for me I think.  Now I wait on Jody getting to me.
Buckwheet

Green Mining 85% Cheaper

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 09:45:08 PM

Are you doing partial refunds if we do not want to order the full amount of ASIC products? An example would be 10 current singles changed to 3 or 4 SC Singles. Would you refund the difference?

cuz0882

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 12:41:51 AM

I've been trying to get my order switched for a while now. I'm more concerned with getting put in the rear of the line because they don't return emails or calls. I emailed them about this before they started taking orders. They were kind of enough to put a freeze on my orders until they can contact me. I guess 12 weeks is not long enough to merit a call. Hopefully that means they are helping the customers that ordered 13 weeks ago. Although I have a strange feeling that's not the case.
Buckwheet

Green Mining 85% Cheaper

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 02:37:58 AM

At least you got confirmation of a hold. I have heard nothing and I too emailed them before pre-orders went live.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: