Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:48:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Question About Address  (Read 1762 times)
activebiz

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 03:27:16 PM

multi sig or bip38 addresses start with 3. u can use. http://coinb.in/multisig/ to create one, or learn more about it so u can create one yourself

yakuza699

Activity: 935
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 06:52:11 PM

multi sig or bip38 addresses start with 3. u can use. http://coinb.in/multisig/ to create one, or learn more about it so u can create one yourself
For me it is way easier to generate the multi-sig address on bitcoind(or bitcoinqt debug window) and it will be easier for beginners too. Why? Because you don't need to convert your compressed keys to uncompressed ones. Simply go to bitcoinqt press help press debug window press console and then type addmultisigaddress <number of how much priv keys out of addresses after this number it would need to make a transaction> <'[and now 3 addresses]'>.Correctly standard multisig addresses are 2-2 2-3 3-3 I recommend to use 2 as a number of required keys and use 3 addresses. A simple example would be:
addmultisigaddress 2 '["1AKCGRnjWqwwSj7dUpBmY89QbjUivCo278","1HHMyRDBpG5Kfbgc1XZNnjorWTd5GaLA6Q","1CrxaQV5DGbSi7SPKNQNZa7LUXadTs25rd"]'
Which corresponds to 3CTqt1ryMJ7HU5PDgxHoJK3ThifLjqKYXQ

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
BTC BitDice.me 
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 10:29:02 PM

Is it possible to generate a multi-wallet vanity address?

Like the first number being 4 and the next few letters a word.

There is no reason for it not being possible.

But I don't know if someone already bothered to make a tool for doing it
OutCast3k

Activity: 714
Merit: 601

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 11:52:50 PM

For me it is way easier to generate the multi-sig address on bitcoind(or bitcoinqt debug window) and it will be easier for beginners too. Why? Because you don't need to convert your compressed keys to uncompressed ones. Simply go to bitcoinqt press help press debug window press console and then type addmultisigaddress <number of how much priv keys out of addresses after this number it would need to make a transaction> <'[and now 3 addresses]'>.Correctly standard multisig addresses are 2-2 2-3 3-3 I recommend to use 2 as a number of required keys and use 3 addresses. A simple example would be:
addmultisigaddress 2 '["1AKCGRnjWqwwSj7dUpBmY89QbjUivCo278","1HHMyRDBpG5Kfbgc1XZNnjorWTd5GaLA6Q","1CrxaQV5DGbSi7SPKNQNZa7LUXadTs25rd"]'

Hey,

The new version of https://coinb.in supports compressed and uncompressed keys - check it out Smiley

Also your bitcoin-qt example is slightly wrong because you need to use the public keys not an address to make a multisig address. Smiley

coinb.in - Open Source, Multi Signature, HD Wallet and more! | Donate: 33tht1bKDgZVxb39MnZsWa8oxHXHvUYE4G
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 03:24:45 AM

There is no reason for it not being possible.

But I don't know if someone already bothered to make a tool for doing it

All bitcoin multisig addresses start with a '3', and so you can't get an address starting with a '4'.
yakuza699

Activity: 935
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 12:16:49 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2014, 12:35:24 PM by yakuza699

Hey,

The new version of https://coinb.in supports compressed and uncompressed keys - check it out Smiley

Also your bitcoin-qt example is slightly wrong because you need to use the public keys not an address to make a multisig address. Smiley
Have you tried what I wrote yourself? I am still using 0.8.6 as I like the most. In 0.8.6 it is
Code:
addmultisigaddress <nrequired> <'["key","key"]'> [account]
Add a nrequired-to-sign multisignature address to the wallet"
each key is a Bitcoin address or hex-encoded public key
If [account] is specified, assign address to [account].
It might differ in the new qt releases 0.9.x (I doubt it) but at least in 0.8.6 if you type what I typed above it will work.For example I generated 3MuDqC9b3cFtWmVs6rJpD4oJ79CPVJMGzE this way(it is 4-4 and it is non-standard)
Try to type
Code:
in 0.9.x and you'll see that it works just fine.If I would be wrong qt would have not corresponded to 3CTqt1ryMJ7HU5PDgxHoJK3ThifLjqKYXQ
Well ofcourse you could use pubkeys but do you want to do the extra work to get the pubkeys?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
BTC BitDice.me 
OutCast3k

Activity: 714
Merit: 601

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 03:36:22 PM

Have you tried what I wrote yourself? I am still using 0.8.6 as I like the most. In 0.8.6 it is
Code:
addmultisigaddress <nrequired> <'["key","key"]'> [account]
Add a nrequired-to-sign multisignature address to the wallet"
each key is a Bitcoin address or hex-encoded public key
If [account] is specified, assign address to [account].
It might differ in the new qt releases 0.9.x (I doubt it) but at least in 0.8.6 if you type what I typed above it will work.For example I generated 3MuDqC9b3cFtWmVs6rJpD4oJ79CPVJMGzE this way(it is 4-4 and it is non-standard)
Try to type
Code:
in 0.9.x and you'll see that it works just fine.If I would be wrong qt would have not corresponded to 3CTqt1ryMJ7HU5PDgxHoJK3ThifLjqKYXQ
Well ofcourse you could use pubkeys but do you want to do the extra work to get the pubkeys?
Hey,

You can only provide an address IF the client you are making the multisig address on has access to the public keys of the address you specified! Your client will make a multisig address using your addresses, because it has your public keys for them, but you can't generate someone else's public keys from their address alone.

This is because an address is a hash of a public key, it is one way and can no be reversed, therefore it is impossible for your client to generate someone elses public key from their (unspent) address.

You can read more about how multisig works on a protocol level here https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-guide#multisig

So unfortunetly in the real world your example is useless, because other peoples addresses will not be in your wallet!

coinb.in - Open Source, Multi Signature, HD Wallet and more! | Donate: 33tht1bKDgZVxb39MnZsWa8oxHXHvUYE4G
goosoodude

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:46:40 PM

Next few letters is possible, there are services which do that. Usually 4-5 letters is easy, but more than that would require a lot of hash power.

4 is not possible, multisig creates addresses with first number 3, like the normal ones which support only 1.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: