Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:50:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Price Go Exponential Now that Christmas is Over?  (Read 2134 times)
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 09:28:34 AM

Everyone had a chance to meet their family and in-laws, and surely someone in the extended family is investing in bitcoins. So now, there are many people who are coming home that have just been introduced to it, and they're signing up for accounts with exchanges to buy some and join the revolution.

Or, maybe they talked about bitcoin with their families and were told, "Bitcoin? You're seriously dumb enough to invest in those magic beans?" and now they're getting ready to sell everything and the price will plummet again?  Cheesy

My story went more like...
"Are you still playing around with that funny money?"

With me people think I'll go to jail or something Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:38:26 AM

Quote from: riiiiising's signature
"First they laugh at you, then they ignore you, then they fight you, then they loose." --Warren Buffet
Hey Buffett, cut your loose!

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 09:39:33 AM

Everyone had a chance to meet their family and in-laws, and surely someone in the extended family is investing in bitcoins. So now, there are many people who are coming home that have just been introduced to it, and they're signing up for accounts with exchanges to buy some and join the revolution.

Or, maybe they talked about bitcoin with their families and were told, "Bitcoin? You're seriously dumb enough to invest in those magic beans?" and now they're getting ready to sell everything and the price will plummet again?  Cheesy

Consider yourself lucky. I was talking to my uncle and he changed the subject immediately upon hearing the word bitcoin. The frown and look on his face suggest that I'm trying to promote some nonsense stuff to him. And he is CEO in a big corporation.

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:08:03 AM

i have an idea.   we all return our christmas gifts to the store and buy bitcoins.   price will skyrocket, then we can buy our gifts back and still have profits
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 04:27:20 PM

Or, maybe they talked about bitcoin with their families and were told, "Bitcoin? You're seriously dumb enough to invest in those magic beans?" and now they're getting ready to sell everything and the price will plummet again?  Cheesy

We need to wait for after new year. So everyone open their gifts then we will see if price dont drastically fall it will for sure start slowly rising.  But on other hand in Russia they celebrate new year few days latter and China even latter so it might be a bit to confusing.

According to this Wikipedia page the Chinese have a holiday on January 1 called New Year. Later on they have another holiday for the official Chinese New Year, it lasts about a week around Feb 19 this year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_holidays_in_China

So like 50 days latter.

We will just have to wait to be 100% sure how it will all go.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 04:29:46 PM

i don't think so, at best a gradually fix correction can happen, nothing more

everyone demanded for a stable price, here your stable price 300-350 range
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 04:07:06 AM

i have an idea.   we all return our christmas gifts to the store and buy bitcoins.   price will skyrocket, then we can buy our gifts back and still have profits

Ha ha.
All except the last ones to buy bitcoin and the last ones to buy gifts.
They will be left holding the bag.  Tongue
jertsy

Activity: 341

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 02:27:47 PM

Ha ha.
All except the last ones to buy bitcoin and the last ones to buy gifts.
They will be left holding the bag.  Tongue

Have you tried returning christmas gifts to the store? Getting the money back can be like getting blood out of a stone.

It's possible to dump your bitcoins this christmas, but almost impossible to dump your gifts.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 03:03:29 PM

Bitcoin price will keep fluctuating

My feeling said that it will decrease.

I've ever got dream that bitcoin reach $ 100 on year 2015 Undecided

Smiley
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 03:06:53 PM

i wish your dream will never come true
it is not good for anyone
we are hoping for bitcoin to reach 1000$ in 2015
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 04:19:53 PM

i wish your dream will never come true
it is not good for anyone
we are hoping for bitcoin to reach 1000$ in 2015

Bitcoin simply cannot drop. It's because of users' mentality and actually believing in Bitcoin and buying bitcoins.
That's why there's always demand, and that's why the price is this high. And it's gonna be higher, just like it once was.
pazor_true
Legendary

Activity: 1460
Merit: 1025

i love Emerald (EMD)

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 04:23:13 PM

of course Will Price Go Exponential Now that Christmas is Over !

and we all getting rich !

Grin

BTC 12jiBjT2GSWYk2HwYdPqsQMuLqZ1br9D37 - i am Pazor
MrBig

Activity: 369

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 08:00:35 PM

The days of exponential rises are long gone...
abacus

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

a clockwork miner

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 09:57:37 PM

The correlation between Christmas and BTC price seems so strong, proven and logical that it remember me that other one from the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, where the decline in the number of pirates is clearly the cause of global warming:

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: