Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:12:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Price Go Exponential Now that Christmas is Over?  (Read 2134 times)
riiiiising (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 04:39:50 PM

Everyone had a chance to meet their family and in-laws, and surely someone in the extended family is investing in bitcoins. So now, there are many people who are coming home that have just been introduced to it, and they're signing up for accounts with exchanges to buy some and join the revolution.

Or, maybe they talked about bitcoin with their families and were told, "Bitcoin? You're seriously dumb enough to invest in those magic beans?" and now they're getting ready to sell everything and the price will plummet again?  Cheesy

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 05:30:33 PM

No, not a chance
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 05:32:34 PM

Everyone had a chance to meet their family and in-laws, and surely someone in the extended family is investing in bitcoins. So now, there are many people who are coming home that have just been introduced to it, and they're signing up for accounts with exchanges to buy some and join the revolution.

Or, maybe they talked about bitcoin with their families and were told, "Bitcoin? You're seriously dumb enough to invest in those magic beans?" and now they're getting ready to sell everything and the price will plummet again?  Cheesy

You fishing for sentiment?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Dilla

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 05:50:19 PM

Once the new year is here, we should see more action.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 05:56:14 PM

all people i know ask me about bitcoin and they want to invest...

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 06:04:22 PM

Make them do so Smiley
The more users, the better for everyone. It'll even make the price go up as you're buying Wink
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 06:22:04 PM

i don't think so
but we can see the movement at new year start
don't think Christmas will make a difference to bitcoin price
noobtrader
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 06:28:47 PM

Make them do so Smiley
The more users, the better for everyone. It'll even make the price go up as you're buying Wink

mostly want to be miner...  Undecided
even after i told them that its more profitable to buy atm, they assume that mining will reap coin forever so its more profitable than just buying.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 06:30:17 PM

We need to wait for after new year. So everyone open their gifts then we will see if price dont drastically fall it will for sure start slowly rising.  But on other hand in Russia they celebrate new year few days latter and China even latter so it might be a bit to confusing.
riiiiising (OP)

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 06:32:58 PM

Wait, what changes with the New Year? Why will that cause a price increase?

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
unent

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 06:36:43 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2014, 06:57:21 PM by unent

Or, maybe they talked about bitcoin with their families and were told, "Bitcoin? You're seriously dumb enough to invest in those magic beans?" and now they're getting ready to sell everything and the price will plummet again?  Cheesy

We need to wait for after new year. So everyone open their gifts then we will see if price dont drastically fall it will for sure start slowly rising.  But on other hand in Russia they celebrate new year few days latter and China even latter so it might be a bit to confusing.

According to this Wikipedia page the Chinese have a holiday on January 1 called New Year. Later on they have another holiday for the official Chinese New Year, it lasts about a week around Feb 19 this year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_holidays_in_China
Dilla

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 06:55:51 PM

All those capital loss claims for taxes will be gone if everyone's Bitcoin becomes worth 1000x more  Cheesy
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 07:48:48 PM

My story went more like...
"Are you still playing around with that funny money?"

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 08:22:44 PM

Make them do so Smiley

You realize that all pyramid schemes work great as long as there's new money coming in, right?
finlon

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 10:58:19 PM

Maybe people making new year promises to themselves to buy a bitcoin.

stonerider

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 12:59:06 AM

Nah, not gonna happen.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 01:31:00 AM

No

And we already are in the Christmas levels.

noobtrader
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 01:55:44 AM

Make them do so Smiley

You realize that all pyramid schemes work great as long as there's new money coming in, right?

ah, old freind not lamb cop... how are you, did you get payrise for each trilling post already Huh

tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 02:43:35 AM

i'm going to create an account called hodllliiing and post crap everyday.. ohh wait.  i already do that with this one.  darn it, pointless.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:03:42 AM

it will rocket when you least expect it

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: