Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:01:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN][MGT] Magnetz - Blockchain Torrents IS A SCAM!!!  (Read 1354 times)
cointrader83 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 08:37:49 PM

They deleted my post from the topic, so be careful I think this will be a scam:

Code received and reviewing, everything looks good at this point.

Everything is ok? So did you see the torrent magnet links in the source code?

If not, please don't help this SCAM, thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 08:47:57 PM

Dude there is lot of torrent stuff in the code, don't worry:

./magnetzd help
gettorrent <txid>

egrep -R torr *
bitcoinrpc.cpp:    { "gettorrent",              &gettorrent,            false,    false,      false},
bitcoinrpc.h:extern json_spirit::Value gettorrent(const json_spirit::Array& params, bool fHelp);
qt/walletmodel.cpp:#include "torrenttablemodel.h"
qt/walletmodel.cpp:    torrentTableModel = new TorrentTableModel(this);
qt/walletmodel.cpp:    return torrentTableModel;
qt/bitcoingui.cpp:#include "torrentpage.h"
qt/bitcoingui.h:   QAction * getTorrentPageAction() { return torrentPageAction; }
qt/bitcoingui.h:    QAction *torrentPageAction;
qt/walletmodel.h:TorrentTableModel *torrentTableModel;
qt/walletview.h:   TorrentPage *torrentPage;
qt/torrentpage.cpp:#include "torrentpage.h"
qt/torrentpage.cpp:#include "ui_torrentpage.h"
qt/torrentpage.cpp:#include "torrenttablemodel.h"

Still looking through the code though

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
MAGNETZ

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 09:51:32 PM

They deleted my post from the topic, so be careful I think this will be a scam:

Code received and reviewing, everything looks good at this point.

Everything is ok? So did you see the torrent magnet links in the source code?

If not, please don't help this SCAM, thanks.

Hey man,

We deleted your message because it was FUD without evidence, if you want to come over to our thread and repost without screaming "scam" you are more than welcome to. We even sent you a pm telling you this!

Best Wishes,
The Magnetz team
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:17:55 AM

I'm not saying MAGNETZ is bad or anything but I personally don't think tieing a cryptocurrency to piracy is a good thing.

Besides, a decentralized torrent client already exists in the form of Tribler. Good luck to both teams though.

Not your keys, not your coins!
yumei

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 06:33:51 PM

They deleted my post as well instead of trying to argue in an open way:

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Well I think its obvious OP just copied the idea from vTorrent: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=889481.260

If there would be a patent for cryptocurrency he would be sued. Anyway he is not offering any additional value like a whitepaper, proper scripts or anything which would justify this project.

I would suggest to stay away from this project and to invest into vTorrent if you like the idea.
MAGNETZ

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 06:43:35 PM

They deleted my post as well instead of trying to argue in an open way:

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Well I think its obvious OP just copied the idea from vTorrent: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=889481.260

If there would be a patent for cryptocurrency he would be sued. Anyway he is not offering any additional value like a whitepaper, proper scripts or anything which would justify this project.

I would suggest to stay away from this project and to invest into vTorrent if you like the idea.

We also sent you a message telling you why we deleted your post:

Hey,

We deleted your post because we don't allow marketing other coins in our thread, besides your question/accusation was already answered. I'll quote the answer here:

"Hey! Thanks for your question.

We already discussed this question, in fact our two project might seem identical but are very different. I'll leave an earlier answer here:

"although our projects might share some common ground, they differ in some key aspects. From what I read you guys are still trying to get an in-wallet torrent client and torrent metadata in the blockchain out.
We will also have torrent metadata in the blockchain (and are 2 weeks away from this) but that's not the core of the project (although it's a necessary step). The main objective of our project is get out of the cryptospace and directly compete with the biggest torrent sites out there by proving an opensource and blockchain supported torrent tracker website""

From your post history I can clearly see that you are a vTorrent investor and supporter and that's alright. But please don't come in our thread and start bashing our project, we are still starting and have a long road ahead and don't want to start being FUD'ed left and right.
yumei

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 06:54:23 PM

Your answer is just false, you are cloning the project. Making a difference between "magnet" links and "torrent" links is just ridiculous. Everyone who knows about the torrent technology can confirm, that you are just trying to constitute its "different" but its the same.

And you are not offering anything additional to vtorrent for the moment, no whitepaper, no finished script, just nothing beside an "Get-rich-quick" tactic.
CoinBreader

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 10:05:50 AM

well crypto isnt all about cloning ?? just dont bother with small things guys..! peace out
yumei

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 10:51:03 AM

Posted by: CoinBreader

well crypto isnt all about cloning ?? just dont bother with small things guys..! peace out

Well then Magnetz OP should not constantly delete posts which he don´t like and moreover claiming his project is something else then vTorrent
Instead of he should openly admit he is cloning vTorrent and explaining the benefits of his project.
yumei

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 01:33:15 PM

From my research with new Magnetz release today,

Magnetz is just a lame attempt at scamming people with ICO, I've check their code and I can't believe my eyes, it is just a exact duplicate of old "torrentcoin" (also x13 algo) (https://github.com/torrentcointeam/torrentcoin) that died from dev ran away long time ago.

All of their 'torrent' code and UI, is just a copy from that old 'torrentcoin"

their torrentpage.cpp torrentpage.ui is 100% clone from the old code.

Fail much?

The wallet UI overall is completely standard and again exact duplicate from the old "torrentcoin"

Even the same mistake in bitcoingui.cpp (same exact mistake with setStatusTip and setShortcut)

Magnetz - bitcoingui.cpp

Code:
    addressBookAction = new QAction(QIcon(":/icons/address-book"), tr("&Addresses"), this);
    addressBookAction->setStatusTip(tr("Edit the list of stored addresses and labels"));
    addressBookAction->setToolTip(addressBookAction->statusTip());
    addressBookAction->setCheckable(true);
    addressBookAction->setShortcut(QKeySequence(Qt::ALT + Qt::Key_5));
    tabGroup->addAction(addressBookAction);
    torrentPageAction = new QAction(QIcon(":/icons/magnet"), tr("&Torrent"), this);
    torrentPageAction->setToolTip(tr("Edit the list of stored addresses and labels"));
    torrentPageAction->setCheckable(true);
    torrentPageAction->setShortcut(QKeySequence(Qt::ALT + Qt::Key_5));
    tabGroup->addAction(torrentPageAction);

Torrentcoin - bitcoingui.cpp

Code:
    addressBookAction = new QAction(QIcon(":/icons/address-book"), tr("&Addresses"), this);
    addressBookAction->setStatusTip(tr("Edit the list of stored addresses and labels"));
    addressBookAction->setToolTip(addressBookAction->statusTip());
    addressBookAction->setCheckable(true);
    addressBookAction->setShortcut(QKeySequence(Qt::ALT + Qt::Key_5));
    tabGroup->addAction(addressBookAction);
    torrentPageAction = new QAction(QIcon(":/icons/magnet"), tr("&Torrent"), this);
    torrentPageAction->setToolTip(tr("Edit the list of stored addresses and labels"));
    torrentPageAction->setCheckable(true);
    torrentPageAction->setShortcut(QKeySequence(Qt::ALT + Qt::Key_5));
    tabGroup->addAction(torrentPageAction);

More over, Magnetz ANN is very similiar to STABLE ANN page which is also one of the scam ICO project (Check the roadmap phrase) both ANN is also self-moderated topic.

Check here:
Magnetz ANN (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=900716.0) *self-moderated topic
TorrentCoin ANN (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633546.0)
STABLE ANN (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=886555.0) *self-moderated topic

Obviously Magnetz so-called 'dev' is just a team with good graphic designer but know nothing about coding.

People should be investing in real project not just some scammer, but I'm pretty sure they have some good connections with people from checking their thread.

vTorrent non-ICO coin is what people who wants 'torrent on blockchain' should be support and invest in.

LET'S STOP THE SCAMMER!
WilderX

Activity: 597
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:35:15 PM

I have challenged the dev of Magnetz we will soon learn the truth. -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=900716.msg9960532#msg9960532

He should have no problem on agreeing for my proposal: Since you have promised "BTC buy wall will be placed @ 733 satoshi when the ICO ends" so that any investor who wants to get out can get out. Could you agree C-CEX to handle this? That they will hold the buy wall for at least one day when the ICO ends before you get the BTC from the ICO? This way you can convince investors and hold true to what was promised and build trust with the community?

Unless he is SCAMMING of course.  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: