Bitcoin Forum
October 19, 2017, 06:44:08 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to be inspired? Double NASA's budget! [video]  (Read 595 times)
rjk

Activity: 434

1ngldh

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 08:05:49 PM

Yeah, it's a few months old, but here it is - Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson's keynote at the 28th National Space Symposium: http://youtu.be/VLzKjxglNyE
It's an hour long, so get a comfy chair. Skip to 5:00 for the beginning.

One of the things he proposes is that NASA's budget be doubled, which he says would create innovation and inspire everyone.

Personally, I tend to agree. What about you guys? Is he right, or is it all BS?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1358

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 05:07:41 AM

If I were heading the financial department of NASA, I would get my hands on $1M worth of BTC (for sake of argument, let's forgo how that would be accomplished), then announce to the world that I (NASA) have done so. When the price doubles, buy $1M worth of needed equipment from suppliers that accept BTC. Afterward, NASA will have $1M USD of needed equipment plus their original investment. Rinse, and repeat 10+ X's.

~Bruno~
rjk

Activity: 434

1ngldh

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 01:38:23 AM

If I were heading the financial department of NASA, I would get my hands on $1M worth of BTC (for sake of argument, let's forgo how that would be accomplished), then announce to the world that I (NASA) have done so. When the price doubles, buy $1M worth of needed equipment from suppliers that accept BTC. Afterward, NASA will have $1M USD of needed equipment plus their original investment. Rinse, and repeat 10+ X's.

~Bruno~

Yes Bruno, BTC is the answer to all life's problems.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1358

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 02:38:22 AM

~Bruno~

Yes Bruno, BTC is the answer to all life's problems.

My post was meant as showing one way NASA could stretch their budget via Bitcoin.

~Bruno~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.