Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:54:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointrip  (Read 2225 times)
glub0x (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 09:11:23 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2012, 04:06:49 PM by glub0x

Hello,
I have been following bitcoin for a while now  and even if i never post anything here, i keep reading.
Today i pop up with a funny idea (yes inspired by other stuff but...) and i would like to have your feeling about it.
I am travelling in south america actually ( for 1 year or more) and my idea is to create a very simple website where  regulary ( every 2 weeks or so) i suggest 2 or more destinations with a bitcoin adress associated & a deadline.
Anybody can give bitcoin to one of those adress and after we reach the deadline, i go to the place wich receive more bitcoin, take amazing picture with my camera and post it.

Do not matter how few bitcoin the adress receive, i will go !

Soon i ll post a link to the first version.
(and i will probably need help for correction as english is not my mother language :p )

Sounds great no?

[EDIT] a demo of the thing : http://bitcointrip.wordpress.com/
[EDIT] I still have to solve some visa problem with brasil before i'm free to allow you to control me so for now it is a demo Smiley

The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Satoshi Nakamoto : https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SaintFlow

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 09:18:29 PM

Why?

But how about you travel over the globe and find prime cheap real estate and become our agent for the community.

If you find great houses you list them on the GLBSE, we as a community buy them and the community can go there
and make holliday and pay with bitcoin. The lodging fee will be distributed to the GLBSE shareholders.

Sounds great no?

don't let me make you question your assumptions
glub0x (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 09:38:02 PM

Why? It's brain-less, simple and eventually if the realisation is good enough, some folks can enjoy it.
I do not feel like being an agent for investor :p
even if the bitcoin financed holliday is another amazing idea that still need to arrive in the real world!

minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

SaintFlow

Activity: 476

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 09:47:27 PM

Why? It's brain-less, simple and eventually if the realisation is good enough, some folks can enjoy it.

I guess you are right about that. I certainly will look at the pictures and who knows maybe send a few cents.

Soooo .... can you create this site yourself or are you asking for help?

don't let me make you question your assumptions
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 09:49:40 PM

How about you let anyone post a bounty for any place and let anyone upload a pic from there ?

glub0x (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 09:59:02 PM

Soooo .... can you create this site yourself or are you asking for help?
First i will publish a first version tonight, i might need help for english correction ( as i am french... ) and later on if ppl like, i might need help to develop loads of fantastic features ahah

How about you let anyone post a bounty for any place and let anyone upload a pic from there ?
The bounty thing is nice, but i have a very limited developement capabilities from brasil and i think it should start very small.
But if you develop this kind of project i would be happy to participate and hunt some bountys!

For now i will focus on giving just two options wich lets me some control of the place i go and it is very easy to do so i can end it up tonight Smiley

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 10:54:39 PM

Threads like this make bitcoin look very immature try your idea with PayPal  Undecided

fatigue

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 11:01:02 PM

Why?

But how about you travel over the globe and find prime cheap real estate and become our agent for the community.

If you find great houses you list them on the GLBSE, we as a community buy them and the community can go there
and make holliday and pay with bitcoin. The lodging fee will be distributed to the GLBSE shareholders.

Sounds great no?

Houses? Hell, find Bitcoin Island!
glub0x (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 11:27:51 PM

Threads like this make bitcoin look very immature try your idea with PayPal  Undecided
May i ask why? i feel like using an interesting feature of BTC (micro payment/ease of transfert) with a very minimal effort. With paypal this kind of initiative is clearly not possible.
So NO it is not "The Killer App" that allow you to pay your bread with btc every morning. But bitcoin is also an experiment that still has a very long way before being anything in the mind of others.

Eventually i have the ambition to make something clear enough to show it to the poeple near me and "force them" to put one step into BTC. event if i have to send them some of my BTC as a start.
 This way if i am happy of this very little project, it will mean something in the mind of a few other poeple Smiley

glub0x (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 02:28:43 PM

So i just played around with the online version of Wordpress to have a "simple but working stuff"
http://bitcointrip.wordpress.com/

I came up with the following problems
-> online Wordpress do not allow Javascript in pages... wich is really anoying because i would like to be able to display on the "choose my next stop" pages the actual count of btc. And a map with the position...
If you have anywork arround this i'd be glad Smiley
-> I couldn't find the option to desactivate comments in the all wordpress thing wich drives me crazy...
Do you have any workaround?

-> feel free to correct my (very) bad english and suggest idea :p

I was eventually thinking of a few improvment
-> The wins could be sent to some kind of caritative organism (does the BTC community have a caritativ plateform ?).
-> I have no idea of how big is the South America BTC community, but could be a funny way to promote btc locally (doing some cafe Btc and puting the pics).

glub0x (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 03:55:07 PM

Do not have this option in the page, this is what i can see from the bottom of editing page section :

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 04:03:57 PM

i think it sounds fun. Smiley

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2012, 05:33:37 PM

When I saw the title of this thread I figured you were going on a trip and trying to get every location you go to to accept Bitcoin. So that people could then follow your lead and visit the same places.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
fatigue

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 05:48:26 PM

When I saw the title of this thread I figured you were going on a trip and trying to get every location you go to to accept Bitcoin. So that people could then follow your lead and visit the same places.

I thought it was about spending bitcoins while tripping on acid.
TeslaUa

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 01:09:54 AM

Me too Smiley
fatigue

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 01:13:28 AM

Me too Smiley

Huzzah! I'm not insane!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 06:29:40 PM

Me too Smiley

Huzzah! I'm not insane!
This does not mean you are sane. He could also be insane. Just sayin. Smiley

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
fatigue

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 06:48:06 PM

Me too Smiley

Huzzah! I'm not insane!
This does not mean you are sane. He could also be insane. Just sayin. Smiley

Ahh so true. But yet, aren't we all insane? Sanity is a measure of societal acceptance and as we mentally ill see it, society, for the most part, is a paradoxical insanity!
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 08:12:10 PM

Is it wrong that the below image is what came to my mind first when I saw Bitcoin and Trip in the same word/sentence?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
fatigue

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 09:31:20 PM

Is it wrong that the below image is what came to my mind first when I saw Bitcoin and Trip in the same word/sentence?

No, and that picture just made my archives Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: