Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:36:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are CLAMS? I have no idea!  (Read 1706 times)
mrflibblehat (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 04:11:20 AM

Hi,

I have multiple wallets that were active during may 2014 which is apparently when this clam thing happened, I am curious as to what they are, how to get them and what they are worth.

Any help would be appreciated

Lorenzo

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 10:27:35 AM

I don't know much about them either but from what I've heard and read, it's an altcoin that can be obtained by those who had non-empty BTC, LTC, and DOGE addresses at the time of the snapshot in May and you can gamble or invest them in Just-Dice.

You import your wallet file(s) into the client.

It looks interesting. I'll probably look into this further.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 10:48:36 AM

Hi,

I have multiple wallets that were active during may 2014 which is apparently when this clam thing happened, I am curious as to what they are, how to get them and what they are worth.

Any help would be appreciated

You will find some info here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147.0

1/every non dust bitcoin or dogecoin address you had when clam were distributed on may 2014 has 4.6CLAM attached = 0.003*4.6=0.0138BTC
2/you can withdraw all btc on your addresses then import your wallet on the clam client
3/ you can easily check if an address has clam on just-dice /check address on the chat
unent

Activity: 326

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 08:58:48 PM

You can trade them here.

https://poloniex.com/exchange#BTC_CLAM
Mt. Gox

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 10:02:36 PM

Looks interesting, but it's a tad concerning IMHO that a single centralized entity has control of the vast majority of coins (and hence stake). JD and dooglus are trustworthy, yes, but that doesn't mean the site is impervious to hacks. Bitcoin faced a similar problem when GHash.IO had over 51 percent of the hashrate. GHash.IO is trustworthy, but for a short while, Bitcoin was no longer decentralized.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:34:53 PM

Clams and other proof of stake coins are awesome!

Anyone can now generate more coins,  without added electricity and equipment costs.

Either buy them on an exchange like Poloniex - https://poloniex.com/exchange#BTC_CLAM,  or try to import them from old wallets (after first emptying your old wallet to a new wallet)

Hope that helps!

BitcoinChick86

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:47:13 PM

I have lots of old wallets, I mean 15+, I have tried to dump them with pywallet but unsure what key or address I need to import to check for CLAMS as --dumpwallet shows about 100+ keys/addresses,

Much appreciated if anyone can help Smiley
rocoro
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:53:57 PM

I have lots of old wallets, I mean 15+, I have tried to dump them with pywallet but unsure what key or address I need to import to check for CLAMS as --dumpwallet shows about 100+ keys/addresses,

Much appreciated if anyone can help Smiley

If it helps, you can also "dig" for clams to see how many you have..  you have to go on just-dice.com site to do it (one of the developer's of Clams owns that site)

Instructions from the site:

On the 12th of May 2014 a snapshot was taken of the BTC, LTC, and DOGE blockchains. All addresses bearing a non-dust amount at that point in time were given 4.60545574 CLAMs for free. This was the initial distribution of CLAMs, and it how all the CLAMs were created. The intent was to make the distribution as fair as possible, since everyone involved in any of those three coins automatically got free CLAMs.

The specific blocks at which the snapshots were taken:

BTC block 300377 (2014-05-12 12:48:17)
   LTC block 565693 (2014-05-12 13:06:31)
  DOGE block 218556 (2014-05-12 13:09:17)
In order to access your free CLAMs, you need to be able to sign a transaction using the private key for the BTC, LTC, or DOGE address that owns the CLAMs. Chances are, if you were using one of these coins back in May, you have a wallet.dat file containing tens or maybe even hundreds of addresses (including hidden 'change' addresses which you may not even be aware of), all of which possibly have free CLAMs associated with them.

The easiest way to collect those CLAMs is to make sure the wallet is now empty by moving any balance into a new wallet, and then import the wallet.dat file into the official CLAM client. It will scan the old wallet.dat file and dig up all the CLAMs.

Alternatively, you can use the /dig command in the chat tab of this site:

Type  /dig for a brief guide.

Type  /dig ADDRESS  to check whether there are any free CLAMs available at the given address, and whether they have already been claimed or not.

Type  /dig ADDRESS PRIVKEY  to claim the CLAMs at the given address and have them sent to your deposit address at Just-Dice. PRIVKEY is the associated private key in WIF or hex format.

Keys in WIF format are 51 or 52 characters long, and start with a 5, K, or L for BTC, a 6 or T for LTC and a 6 or Q for DOGE; keys in hex format are 64 characters in the range 0-9 and A-F.

Any private keys you provide will be used once each to sign a transaction and broadcast it to the CLAM network, then it will be discarded. Private keys are not logged by Just-Dice, but you do need to trust us on that! It is really best to only provide private keys that are empty, and which you do not intend to use again.
picolo

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 01:24:28 AM

Looks interesting, but it's a tad concerning IMHO that a single centralized entity has control of the vast majority of coins (and hence stake). JD and dooglus are trustworthy, yes, but that doesn't mean the site is impervious to hacks. Bitcoin faced a similar problem when GHash.IO had over 51 percent of the hashrate. GHash.IO is trustworthy, but for a short while, Bitcoin was no longer decentralized.

I don't think it's a problem in terms of hacking because the risk of having value in jd is the same whether jd is a large portion of the network or not.

If jd fails or closes your clam will lose most their value.
rocoro
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 02:56:01 AM

I don't think it's a problem in terms of hacking because the risk of having value in jd is the same whether jd is a large portion of the network or not.

Clams had value before jd was using them..  if they close, I expect it to return to around that previous value.

picolo

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 12:19:25 PM

Clams had value before jd was using them..  if they close, I expect it to return to around that previous value.

Yes but before dooglus got interested in them, the value was less than 0.001
Raeg

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 03:30:57 PM

Looks interesting, but it's a tad concerning IMHO that a single centralized entity has control of the vast majority of coins (and hence stake).

What's the difference between this and pretty much all the other pre-mined shitcoins?
rocoro
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 03:38:09 PM

Looks interesting, but it's a tad concerning IMHO that a single centralized entity has control of the vast majority of coins (and hence stake).

What's the difference between this and pretty much all the other pre-mined shitcoins?

It wasn't pre-mined, it was distributed to all those who had btc, ltc & doge in addresses at the time period specified.

And jd doesn't really have control over the vast majority.  

They are staking with the investor's funds - which is a large amount,  but not owned by jd.

Please stick to facts.

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 03:41:17 PM

It wasn't pre-mined, it was distributed to all those who had btc, ltc & doge in addresses at the time period specified.

They are staking with the investor's funds - which is a large amount,  but not owned by jd.

Please stick to facts.

All unclaimed coins are gonna be / have been dumped hard

picolo

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 03:42:55 PM

Paycoin is backed up by GHash.io
rocoro
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 03:55:42 PM

Please stick to facts.

If they are unclaimed how are they going to be dumped?

They may never be claimed.  I have many old addresses that I've lost.

AltcoinInvestor

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 04:28:15 PM

I've a conspiracy about these clams. They're collecting keys-private keys to give some clams, then they'll try to scam people I guess. I don't find it reliable.
LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 05:26:53 PM

I've a conspiracy about these clams. They're collecting keys-private keys to give some clams, then they'll try to scam people I guess. I don't find it reliable.
You can transfer your Bitcoins to another address before claiming. No way you'll get scammed if you transfer your BTC to another address.  Smiley
picolo

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 05:30:26 PM

You can transfer your Bitcoins to another address before claiming. No way you'll get scammed if you transfer your BTC to another address.  Smiley

Most people do and they have more to earn by not designing the client to clam

They are staking with the investor's funds - which is a large amount,  but not owned by jd.

Please stick to facts.

If they are unclaimed how are they going to be dumped?

They may never be claimed.  I have many old addresses that I've lost.

We don't know
TotalPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1012

vertex output parameter not completely initialized

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 05:43:38 PM

CLAMs are the ultimate manipulation from the big BTC/LTC/DOGE players [top-down inside] Cool
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: