Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:40:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] [SOLD] ::METAL.SILVER ::  (Read 4551 times)
RandomQ (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 12:29:36 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2012, 07:00:03 AM by RandomQ

Hello Everybody,

METAL.SILVER is very simple idea, its a safe way to invest in silver.
You can cash Out at any time into real silver (You pay shipping cost)
This will always be backed 100% by silver coins/bars, We will not over sell.
We will provide proof of all silver, You want a picture of a shoe on my head with the coin in my mouth No Problem.
This will not have any dividend that is Paid.
I will issue shares @ 5% over cost on the price paid for the silver.
I will try to keep the topic updated with the current Price of Silver per gram in BTC.

Small Print Section
The Value of our Silver exceeds the Metals Spot Value, so please read the fine print.
Please note that if you try to cash out 1 share = 1 gram of silver and we don't have any silver that small we will not be able to convert to silver.
Please note that we decide what silver out of our inventory we ship to you, we reserve the right to purchase silver in order to ship to you.
Please note that owning a share doesn't not give you the right to purchase a certain silver item from our inventory.

The Books
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ak1NqDefdzk2dDVHSkZFeTFxajZZeWJDR2VuNzhSelE

email:
bitcoinstometal
  • gmail . com

Any Questions Please Ask

Total Silver Grams    161
Total Shares Issued  120
------------------------
Percent Issued         74.53%

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 12:30:15 AM

FAQ Section

Q: Are you insured against theft?
A: Yes, currently up to 5K USD

Q: How Secure is your Metals Storage?
A: I have Dogs, Security System with cameras, and Armed 24/7 with Assault Weapons.

Q: Will you validate with GLBSE?
A: Yes, I plan 6 of 6
RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 12:30:59 AM

Reserved
brendio

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 04:24:34 AM

Good to see someone making a proper precious metal "ETF". I was thinking of doing one myself at some stage, but I am happy just to see someone else do one properly.

fourd00rgtz

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 05:29:06 AM

The cost/oz goes way up the smaller volume/size silver you buy, can we get some idea's of the volume and or markup you are paying?
To have your shares issued with a silver cost of 5% above your purchase price and not to detail how/where/volume you will be (or already have) bought/buying doesnt really tell us anything other then the fact that we can get the same silver for 5% less on our own.
I've been converting my BTC into silver since Christmas, tried one of the online btc->silver dealer but in the end have settled up with someone local that sells cheaper then the btc shop, and saves me on any shipping costs. Are you using such services or buying the silver with USD somewhere local/online?

I see in your books you are starting out with 1oz, 31.1g of silver, is everything else being bought with the proceeds of the IPO or is it already secured?

I'm interested but not sure if this will prove to be an efficient way to purchase silver with btc.
RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 06:42:44 PM

The cost/oz goes way up the smaller volume/size silver you buy, can we get some idea's of the volume and or markup you are paying?
To have your shares issued with a silver cost of 5% above your purchase price and not to detail how/where/volume you will be (or already have) bought/buying doesnt really tell us anything other then the fact that we can get the same silver for 5% less on our own.
I've been converting my BTC into silver since Christmas, tried one of the online btc->silver dealer but in the end have settled up with someone local that sells cheaper then the btc shop, and saves me on any shipping costs. Are you using such services or buying the silver with USD somewhere local/online?

I see in your books you are starting out with 1oz, 31.1g of silver, is everything else being bought with the proceeds of the IPO or is it already secured?

I'm interested but not sure if this will prove to be an efficient way to purchase silver with btc.

Thank you for the great questions.

I purchase from a few sources depending on supply and price, Its almost a 40% local and 60% online mix. I purchase with USD and trade scrap silver and gold for coins and bars.

I have not purchased any silver for BTC with any of the vendors listing here. I do not currently have any relationship or agreement with any vendor.

I plan to expand the offering slow and steady, depending on demand I intend to add bars from 5 grams to 10 OZ once I list my current silver supply.

I don't know if I would be able to beat your cost for purchasing, but with bulk purchases I hope to be able to give the best value possible to customers.

RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 11:46:43 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2012, 01:13:39 AM by RandomQ

Motion on Metal.Silver to Issue 100 More shares, 24 hr time limit.
I will be adding the new silver to the inventory list in the next couple of hours Done
New shares to be for sale in ~24-48 hrs.

120 Grams of Silver Now in Inventory
TenthReality

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 01:35:16 AM

Motion on Metal.Silver to Issue 100 More shares, 24 hr time limit.

Yes'd for the sake of this, like the idea here. Also picked up a few shared earlier when they were available...

How's the verification coming?
RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 03:37:57 AM

I'm @ 3 of 6 on GreenBTC, I've been checking my mail every day and waiting for a phone call every friday. I know the big guy is really busy so we just gotta give him more time to verify me Smiley

RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 08:40:44 PM

Price per share .1323 BTC.

~60 shares left for sale

Grin
RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 04:59:10 AM

Please note

~July 20-27 I will be out of the country and will be disconnected from all forms of communication.

no email or request for exchange will be answered during this time period.
RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 08:17:36 PM

We had the first request to convert shares to silver  Grin

Hope to have this completed in the next 24-72 hrs

RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 11:58:43 PM

Our first Silver exchange is in the mail!
11 Shares of METAL.SILVER Exchanged for 11 Grams of Silver.
Congrats
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 12:00:13 AM

FAQ Section

Q: Are you insured against theft?
A: Yes, currently up to 5K USD

Q: How Secure is your Metals Storage?
A: I have Dogs, Security System with cameras, and Armed 24/7 with Assault Weapons.

Q: Will you validate with GLBSE?
A: Yes, I plan 6 of 6

Pictures!!
RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 12:25:33 AM

I have 4 dogs that bark at anything within 30 feet of coming near my house.

I have a self built security system with 2 camera's that records everything to a server.
Plus security Lights and perimeter warning device.

I have AR15, AK's, SKS's and enough handguns to arm a small 3rd world revolt.
I also have two grenade launchers but I have to keep them at my vacation house do to laws in California making them illegal.

I'll see if i can did up so more pictures that i feel ok with releasing.

I'm thinking about getting a bitcoin based insurance policy also just so I have two forms of insurance.

TenthReality

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 02:16:24 PM

Congrats

Being the individual giving this a spin I will say the process to cash out with RandomQ has been fantastic.  Total turnaround from my initial inquiry to shipping was less than 24 hours.  Many options were available for shipping, as well as rolling my share/gram value into the ship cost or paying the shipping separately.  The 11g was converted into a coin which actually has a silver gram weight a tiny bit over my actual share count (Thanks Random!).

Decently fun security to toss any bitcents you end up with after dividend payments etc, after a few weeks cash out into some big shiny coin, and seriously, how many other securities have 4 dogs and guns protecting them!
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 06:38:47 PM

Congrats

Being the individual giving this a spin I will say the process to cash out with RandomQ has been fantastic.  Total turnaround from my initial inquiry to shipping was less than 24 hours.  Many options were available for shipping, as well as rolling my share/gram value into the ship cost or paying the shipping separately.  The 11g was converted into a coin which actually has a silver gram weight a tiny bit over my actual share count (Thanks Random!).

Decently fun security to toss any bitcents you end up with after dividend payments etc, after a few weeks cash out into some big shiny coin, and seriously, how many other securities have 4 dogs and guns protecting them!

Pictures!!
TenthReality

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 08:13:24 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2012, 08:25:01 PM by TenthReality

Arrived today, fantastic turn around time on this only 4 days from initial inquiry to cash out to coin arriving in my mailbox.  

Note, I'm in the US and i believe Random is as well so I'm sure that helped speed the shipping process up.

Way faster that using anything like coinabul, shipping was far cheaper.
RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 11:18:01 PM

Arrived today, fantastic turn around time on this only 4 days from initial inquiry to cash out to coin arriving in my mailbox.  

Note, I'm in the US and i believe Random is as well so I'm sure that helped speed the shipping process up.

Way faster that using anything like coinabul, shipping was far cheaper.

Thank you for your purchase and exchange   Grin

Yes, I ship from California or Arizona Depending on the time of year.

California=Summer
Arizona=Winter
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 09:41:21 PM

Still no pictures..

I guess 4 Chihuahua's and a BB gun don't make for that styling of a pic  Grin   Tongue   Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: