Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:10:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 6.66 Mark of the Beast!! ZOMG!!!  (Read 19968 times)
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 06:55:12 PM

Also could be the name of the Roman Emperor Nero.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ridgemont4

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 07:01:18 PM

I have heard that one theory about the "666" relates to money. Apparently there was a Roman coin with the number on it. Because the Romans were hated by some at the time, the association with evil started.

Nice little theory. Unfortunately it's biased and not accurate at all just like most things atheists pull out of the air. However, you can and will believe whatever you want. and while you do that, revelations are being fulfilled.
yogi
Legendary

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 07:08:09 PM

Sorry ridgemont4, but I believe in evidence.

evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 07:15:16 PM

As a Christian I noticed it was lingering around that number but didn't really think much of it. After all 666 is a number just like any other number. Plus some say the original number of satan was actually 616. Not to mention, as a true believer in God, I am not to be afraid of the devil because I know he's utterly powerless in the end. However I can see how quickly the world is moving toward the fulfillment of prophecy. To think that Bitcoin is satanic though is kinda silly. The mark of the beast will be clearly recognized when the world makes the decision to embrace satan, and follow him as their God, thus creating a scenario where those who do not concur with them shall be demonized by the demons themselves, at which point we can finally rejoice because their eternal doom is near. All they must do at that point is delude them selves to join the cult which will attempt to force the TRUE followers of God to worship an impostor, and that will be our ticket to say "no" even if death is the consequence. Remember what Jesus said and told us to do? "Watch."

As a devotee of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I have faith that I'll be protected from any devils and such. Thank goodness!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 07:17:41 PM

I have heard that one theory about the "666" relates to money. Apparently there was a Roman coin with the number on it. Because the Romans were hated by some at the time, the association with evil started.

Nice little theory. Unfortunately it's biased and not accurate at all just like most things atheists pull out of the air. However, you can and will believe whatever you want. and while you do that, revelations are being fulfilled.
Uhh, ok. I said I heard that somewhere. I was not alive in Roman times, so not sure. As far as what athiests "pull out of thin air", You honestly think those cartoons for adults in the bible are anything but fantastical musings from the bronze age? Noah, the garden of Eden? Oh please.  Roll Eyes

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 07:36:26 PM

Banking system wants to dominate the world and it is total evil.

yogi
Legendary

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 07:36:58 PM

Some Christians are so obsessed with armageddon, that they are actually trying to make it happen!

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 07:38:06 PM

watch this:
illumicorp.net/

That is pure evil.

ridgemont4

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 08:13:40 PM

Some Christians are so obsessed with armageddon, that they are actually trying to make it happen!

Actually that is anything but the truth. it will be the worst time for us. Your side (evil) will be rejoicing, because you are deceived. My Messiah said "11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many." so that means also many "Christians" will fall away and join the delusion. So tell me how are they trying to make it happen? No true Christian would want armageddon to happen. It honestly makes no sense. In fact, the contrary is true. The Christians, if anything, wish it wouldn't happen, cause the hell we have to go through as your side continues to wage a senseless war against believers, ushering it in with your ignorance. We have to defend ourselves, and in doing so, you are walking further away.. Your choice! it was predestined to be this way. Notice how my tone is not at all surprised with this. I'm not saying the end is right around the corner, but every day it seems more evident with the content of conversation that I am sort of required to respond to, since people are mentioning a subject which I do have an opinion on.
Mistafreeze

Activity: 897
Merit: 284

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 08:16:28 PM

Do you still believe in Santa, too?
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 08:17:24 PM

I can haz toothfairy pls?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
ridgemont4

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 08:19:27 PM

While most believed in Santa, I was one of those who never did.. and it made me angry that my parents would lie to me about it. Made me feel like they didn't care all too much about me, to be honest.

Funny how that works.

Keep it coming.
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 09:03:24 PM

My Messiah said "11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many."

When has that not been true?  

The Christians, if anything, wish it wouldn't happen, cause the hell we have to go through...

Many Christians, mostly of the fundamentalist variety, seemingly can't wait for Armageddon because that will be the time when they will get "raptured" up to
heaven to be with Jesus and so will avoid all the nastiness of this material realm ( and which is why the State of Israel gets more support from American
fundamentalists than they do from even American Jews ). That's what many of you Christians have been told by some of those "false prophets" and the like
even though I am not sure that rapture stuff is even in that Bible of yours... which btw was compiled by Romans ( Bishop Iraneus etc. ) for reasons of
politically expedience and is not history, or meant to be taken literally...  but you are free to do so as long as you don't try to force your beliefs on others.  

These are just my opinions of course and I don't expect you or anyone else to accept it when I am quite agnostic about such things myself.  

I do however find it very unprofessional and childish of Voorhees to engage in religious trolling with threads like this... and I would suggest it would be
best to not to try and argue with the "unbelievers", as you perhaps regard them, since they just want to make fun of you and your beliefs. Jesus
never did ask for his followers to go out and make a nuisance of themselves by trying to convert people. The whole "Christ" thing ( Jesus was not
the first who attained to the Christos, nor will he be the last, according to what I have learned in many years of comparative religious studies and
the like )  was originally meant as a school of the mysteries for only a few followers who were called to such a path... not something for everyone.  
The whole evangelical thing is part of the distortion of the message of the early Christian mystics...  so everyone should just relax and try and
tolerate others.    

ridgemont4

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 09:20:52 PM

My Messiah said "11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many."

When has that not been true?  

The Christians, if anything, wish it wouldn't happen, cause the hell we have to go through...

Many Christians, mostly of the fundamentalist variety, seemingly can't wait for Armageddon because that will be the time when they will get "raptured" up to
heaven to be with Jesus and so will avoid all the nastiness of this material realm ( and which is why the State of Israel gets more support from American
fundamentalists than they do from even American Jews ). That's what many of you Christians have been told by some of those "false prophets" and the like
even though I am not sure that rapture stuff is even in that Bible of yours... which btw was compiled by Romans ( Bishop Iraneus etc. ) for reasons of
politically expedience and is not history, or meant to be taken literally...  but you are free to do so as long as you don't try to force your beliefs on others.  

These are just my opinions of course and I don't expect you or anyone else to accept it when I am quite agnostic about such things myself.  

I do however find it very unprofessional and childish of Voorhees to engage in religious trolling with threads like this... and I would suggest it would be
best to not to try and argue with the "unbelievers", as you perhaps regard them, since they just want to make fun of you and your beliefs. Jesus
never did ask for his followers to go out and make a nuisance of themselves by trying to convert people. The whole "Christ" thing ( Jesus was not
the first who attained to the Christos, nor will he be the last, according to what I have learned in many years of comparative religious studies and
the like )  was originally meant as a school of the mysteries for only a few followers who were called to such a path... not something for everyone.  
The whole evangelical thing is part of the distortion of the message of the early Christian mystics...  so everyone should just relax and try and
tolerate others.    

I live in Texas and nearly everyone here confesses to faith in Christ, but I hardly see a single soul who's living a life in anticipation of any rapture. They simply have faith that God is taking care of His people. now unfortunately, I am of the opinion that they have forgotten about Jesus altogether. I don't know if you read the part where Jesus said, "Watch out! Don't let your hearts be dulled by carousing and drunkenness, and by the worries of this life. Don't let that day catch you unaware,"

Other than that, I disagree with most of what you said, but it's okay.. believe what you want. I do agree that evangelism is not really the way of God. It's more of a private thing. but even Jesus agreed, when He said to go hide from others when you pray. However, this is not praying, this is witnessing or stating the truth which I feel compelled to do.
Jointops420

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 10:22:16 PM

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 10:25:26 PM

Cheesy

Portnoy
Legendary

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 10:40:37 PM

I live in Texas and nearly everyone here confesses to faith in Christ, but I hardly see a single soul who's living a life in anticipation of any rapture.

Well I've met and seen fundamentalist Texans who very much are anticipating that, so that just shows that
people can have different experiences in the same arena and form differing opinions. I have not met and talked
to 'all' Texans and I doubt that you have either, so it would not be the thing for either of us to consider as
anything close to a certainty, much less "truth."

They simply have faith that God is taking care of His people. now unfortunately, I am of the opinion that they have forgotten about Jesus altogether. I don't know if you read the part where Jesus said, "Watch out! Don't let your hearts be dulled by carousing and drunkenness, and by the worries of this life. Don't let that day catch you unaware,"

You see that is a big problem for Christians. I would suggest you would be hard pressed to find any educated non-christians who
would regard the bible as "revealed truth" or the "word of God" anymore than they would regard in that way similar books and
collected tales, like the exploits of King Arthur; Hercules; or Cuchulainn.  Such books can of course contain important lessons,
on morality etc., and serve many psychological functions and needs, but are not meant to be history books or science texts.

Other than that, I disagree with most of what you said, but it's okay.. believe what you want.

Thanks, but ya know, agnosticism and similar philosophies are about trying 'not' to bind oneself
to any particular belief... rather trying to see what is front of ones nose as clearly as possible
and making the best decisions in the here and now moment...  something like learning to rely
on ones own intelligence rather than the dogma of people who lived thousands of years ago.
But that's just trying to explain the ways I favor and not trying to get you or anyone to join me.   

I do agree that evangelism is not really the way of God. It's more of a private thing. but even Jesus agreed, when He said to go hide from others when you pray. However, this is not praying, this is witnessing or stating the truth which I feel compelled to do.

You mentioned the word "faith"... and that's what religion is all about isn't it. It is an inner and very personal compulsion,
and yes 'private' like you say; not based on externalities and scientific facts etc.. That is not to dismiss it or say it does not
have value, but rather that it is not something to try and impose on others who have their own paths to follow in their own way.   

Portnoy
Legendary

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 10:44:32 PM

Yup, similar to what I was trying to say but using less words and being more graphic...    Grin
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 06:58:33 AM

Actually that is anything but the truth. it will be the worst time for us. Your side (evil) will be rejoicing, because you are deceived. My Messiah said "11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many." so that means also many "Christians" will fall away and join the delusion. So tell me how are they trying to make it happen? No true Christian would want armageddon to happen. It honestly makes no sense. In fact, the contrary is true. The Christians, if anything, wish it wouldn't happen, cause the hell we have to go through as your side continues to wage a senseless war against believers, ushering it in with your ignorance. We have to defend ourselves, and in doing so, you are walking further away.. Your choice! it was predestined to be this way. Notice how my tone is not at all surprised with this. I'm not saying the end is right around the corner, but every day it seems more evident with the content of conversation that I am sort of required to respond to, since people are mentioning a subject which I do have an opinion on.

I was about to leap to your defence and say "hey guys, religious tolerance", then you basically called all none-christians evil, so forget religious tolerance - you obviously don't want any.
ridgemont4

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 09:46:12 AM

I was about to leap to your defence and say "hey guys, religious tolerance", then you basically called all none-christians evil, so forget religious tolerance - you obviously don't want any.

Yeah you're right, I don't need your tolerance considering mercy doesn't come from you, it comes from God on Judgement day. Humanity is merciless, faithless and all around not good. It's a fact that we are all evil anyway. It's just that some choose to cling to it and forfeit the eternal salvation of their souls. I know that's because of ignorance. So I don't need the defense of the ignorant. What good is it, if it's insincere? I'm going one way, you're going another way. We will never be in agreement.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: