Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:28:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The coming of peer-to-peer exchanges  (Read 1553 times)
espiraleph (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 05:23:28 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2014, 08:48:34 AM by espiraleph

Dear Friends,
I have come to behold the next step since peer to peer cryptocurrencies; peer to peer exchanges.

In view of the possibility that an exchange may close for whatever reason and take all the funds along,
I have found the solution in having each user hold all the coins they own in a multi-coin wallet and
exchanging them by means of the wallet itself, the only role of the webpage would be to visualize what's
going on between the wallets, working pretty much like the computer monitor which does not have any of the data
but only serves the purpose of a visual window into whats going on inside.

As a by product the trade times will be delayed to the speed of the transfer time of the coins from one wallet to
the other thus bringing less volatility to the price.

I believe this is the true consort of cryptocurrency because it can solve some of the major vulnerabilities to the
cryptocoin ecology, this feat poses great discoveries to achieve therefore I am giving this message to anybody
or anyone to accept. The solution can be worked and thought out in this chain so it will inevitably be open source
and public domain.

happy christmas.

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 05:40:34 PM

By peer-to-peer exchange, I generally understand the ones like localbitcoins.

But, I think, u r talking about a concept like OpenBazaar. It is possible, but risky too. Because, in this case, u r distributing the trust among escrows.

espiraleph (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 05:55:22 PM

Yes, something like OpenBazaar,
Coins and Exchange as part of the same infrastructure and decentralized.
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 3162

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 05:59:22 PM

You'll probably be wanting to keep any eye on this thread and some of the various coins that are working on supporting it.  The more coins that get on board with AT, the sooner we see decentralised exchange become an everyday occurrence.

By peer-to-peer exchange, I generally understand the ones like localbitcoins.

Yep, until cross-blockchain transfers become commonplace, LocalBitcoins is best.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 06:01:51 PM

so you talk about something like coinfeinne, don't you?
espiraleph (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 06:04:21 PM

Yep, until cross-blockchain transfers become commonplace, LocalBitcoins is best.

No cross-blockchain is necesary, every coin can have its own wallet space in the same program
espiraleph (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 06:15:00 PM

so you talk about something like coinfeinne, don't you?

Yes like coinfeinne but with endemic cryptocurrencies to the exchange-wallet-applet so that they bring also
the solution of cushioning volatile price swings thanks to the transfer times.
DooMAD
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 06:40:38 PM

No cross-blockchain is necesary, every coin can have its own wallet space in the same program

Unless you want people to be able to duplicate or clone coins, I can promise you that you'll still require blockchains for each coin.  People (far more technically minded than myself) are working on cross-chain transfers because that's one of the few ways that trading between them can be done securely.   The other methods would likely involve sidechains or treechains.  If the solution was as easy as what you're proposing, the community would have done it already.
espiraleph (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 07:05:48 PM

If the solution was as easy as what you're proposing, the community would have done it already.

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" -chinese proverb
DooMAD
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 07:16:18 PM

If the solution was as easy as what you're proposing, the community would have done it already.

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" -chinese proverb

Good thing I'm not saying it can't be done then.  What I'm saying is, even if you built a wallet that can hold multiple coins, that by itself wouldn't allow you to trade between them in a decentralised and tamper-proof manner.  I'm saying people are working on that part and you should go and have a look because it has enormous potential and leads to what you're asking for.

Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 07:16:30 PM

or that other one..

"Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way."

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1072

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 08:51:43 PM

Sounds like a vision.

commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 10:27:26 PM

The NXT Freemarket shows promise. #justsayin'
DingoStar

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 07:56:36 PM

Do you offer a mechanism by which users exchange their currency directly to each other, and the web site performs a search of buyers and sellers and has no access to their funds? Am I right?
El Emperador

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 08:03:31 PM

Yes, I also think that a fully decentralized exchange would be a very nice idea and surely one step closer to evolution.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
doof

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 08:54:02 PM

Its easier for me just to buy off an exchange like igot or coinjar.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 09:09:55 PM

Localbitcoins.com is well established, but they're always having website problems and bugs.

Neat idea you brought up, sounds something very similar to P2P-type mining pools.

Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 02:11:52 AM

I think it is in every way possible. First, it would help and make coin exchanges safe and easy for everyone, second experimental coin with improved coding will get more exposure. I remember the idea of introducing sidechains was proposed just not long ago as a solution but I just wonder where's the progress right now.

chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 02:17:58 PM

There is already a peer to peer exchange from coinffeine that they say they work to a p2p platform

http://www.coinffeine.com/

and the most good project bitsquare that already test a p2p exchange client

https://bitsquare.io/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=647457

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
madmax6688

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 02:25:54 PM

There is already a peer to peer exchange from coinffeine that they say they work to a p2p platform

http://www.coinffeine.com/

and the most good project bitsquare that already test a p2p exchange client

https://bitsquare.io/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=647457

Will check these out soon.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: