Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:44:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling trusted senior account. Make offers  (Read 777 times)
SellSellSell (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 12:06:50 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2014, 01:10:23 PM by SellSellSell

Hi everyone,

I'm selling an account which is a senior member. It is also trusted (default). 3 trusted positive feedback and about 15 untrusted ones. No negative feedback. The account is my own.

I'm interested in its value and possible selling it on.

Not sure how much it could be worth but I know most seniors go for about 0.3 BTC so I'd not entertain anything below or near that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dumbdragon

Activity: 588
Merit: 354

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 12:14:55 PM

I imagine this would be very valuable especially to the wrong types of people sadly.

peligro

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 01:00:31 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm selling an account which is a senior member. It is also trusted (default). 3 trusted positive feedback and about 15 untrusted ones. No negative feedback. The account is my own.

Not sure how much it could be worth but I know most seniors go for about 0.3 BTC so I'd not entertain anything below or near that.

If the default trust is due to CanaryInTheMine it may not stay for long.
SellSellSell (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 01:05:47 PM

CanaryInTheMine not provided feedback. I welcome any queries.

Had several PMs.

To clarify I will not reveal the name to anyone, that would be careless.

I can confirm as many details as required and a neutral escrow of any serious buyer's choosing can confirm all details during the transaction.

picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 01:41:58 PM

Had several PMs.

I can confirm as many details as required and a neutral escrow of any serious buyer's choosing can confirm all details during the transaction.

A newbie that would like to profit from the upcoming primedice signature campaign could be interested in buying
SellSellSell (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 01:57:58 PM

Had several PMs.

A newbie that would like to profit from the upcoming primedice signature campaign could be interested in buying
True though that is, I'd expect more buyers to be keen for the purpose of launching products or services.
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 02:04:37 PM

Had several PMs.

True though that is, I'd expect more buyers to be keen for the purpose of launching products or services.

Yes they could use the account to start a site or offering services.
Primedice campaign should offer the possibility to earn 0.6/month to a Senior Member without spamming so buying an account 0.6 seems like a good investment.
noma

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 06:06:48 PM

Hi everyone,

I don't mind if accounts are sold or bought. But selling accounts with positive trust should be banned,
 specially because they can be abused to scam other people

▓▓▓▓    New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange             → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓    Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
SellSellSell (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 06:15:06 PM

Hi everyone,

I don't mind if accounts are sold or bought. But selling accounts with positive trust should be banned,
Banning the practice would be a nightmare for several reasons, if you would like to disagree with any of these points with evidence then please go for it, its a discussion that is important to have.

1) It would still occur. As per any market intervention. The only difference is there would be more market manipulation and less consumer protection.

2) Scamming can happen from any account, be it negative or positive. The fact that this practice can never be impossible (rather than banned by forum rules) means that there is ALWAYS the risk that a positive trust account could be used as a scammer. In fact history points to the fact that the most successful scammers here, did have positive trust. If the practice is banned it will imbue more confidence in the trust system which is fundamentally flawed. The best way to prevent scamming is for people to be aware that any account or person can scam, from the very top ie Theymos.

noma

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 06:30:30 PM

Hi everyone,

Banning the practice would be a nightmare for several reasons, if you would like to disagree with any of these points with evidence then please go for it, its a discussion that is important to have.

1) It would still occur. As per any market intervention. The only difference is there would be more market manipulation and less consumer protection.

2) Scamming can happen from any account, be it negative or positive. The fact that this practice can never be impossible (rather than banned by forum rules) means that there is ALWAYS the risk that a positive trust account could be used as a scammer. In fact history points to the fact that the most successful scammers here, did have positive trust. If the practice is banned it will imbue more confidence in the trust system which is fundamentally flawed. The best way to prevent scamming is for people to be aware that any account or person can scam, from the very top ie Theymos.

In the Scam accusation thread, a Trusted user scammed for 14BTC. It would not have happened, if it was a normal user. In that case the amount would be much less.

▓▓▓▓    New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange             → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓    Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
jh0w4n1z

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 08:14:00 PM

Had several PMs.

yeah u r rite OR a scamer who want to invest for later scam
berserkerbarrage

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 09:10:05 PM

i'll offer you 0.4BTC for the account.

i have bought and sold many accounts here already with and without escrow, i usually resell accounts or use them to participate in sig campaigns while i "grow" the post count.

send me a private msg if you decide to sell it
berserkerbarrage

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 12:35:25 AM

no response from OP
H1N1

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 05:09:25 AM

no response from OP

maybe because of this "I know most seniors go for about 0.3 BTC so I'd not entertain anything below or near that."

maybe you missed that part Tongue

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 07:47:18 AM

no response from OP

maybe because of this "I know most seniors go for about 0.3 BTC so I'd not entertain anything below or near that."

maybe you missed that part Tongue
He offered .4 BTC which is .1 more then his "minimum" offer
KingOfSports

Activity: 602

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 07:55:10 AM

Offer 0.60 BTC (assuming account IS on default trust), would need to sign a binding contract though of privacy and protection of the buyer (me), meaning if the account is later negative repped because of being sold account or you say who the account was that you sold after the fact, you are liable for the sale amount.

Please PM me if you are interested in discussing this matter further.

Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 08:01:11 AM

Offer 0.60 BTC (assuming account IS on default trust), would need to sign a binding contract though of privacy and protection of the buyer (me), meaning if the account is later negative repped because of being sold account or you say who the account was that you sold after the fact, you are liable for the sale amount.

It wouldn't be the seller's fault if the fact that the account was sold somehow leaks. There are plenty of people that spend a lot of time trying to figure out which accounts have been purchased. People also often speculate that accounts have been sold all the time with zero evidence so there would be a good chance that someone would make such a claim.

Plus I would think the OP would have reservations about selling such an account to a scammer
KingOfSports

Activity: 602

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 08:02:51 AM

It wouldn't be the seller's fault if the fact that the account was sold somehow leaks. There are plenty of people that spend a lot of time trying to figure out which accounts have been purchased. People also often speculate that accounts have been sold all the time with zero evidence so there would be a good chance that someone would make such a claim.

Plus I would think the OP would have reservations about selling such an account to a scammer
Thats the OP's business. If the account is tagged within a certain period as being sold then I would be owed a refund. After a certain point say 60 days then I wouldn't. I wouldn't scam with it cause I'm not a scammer but obviously if that happened that wouldn't hold the seller liable, only if the account is red repped as being sold within a certain period after the purchase date.

I currently have 7 accounts that are being used for signature campaigns and thats it. The only one I do business or actually trade with is this one. So say what you like but its a very profitable business (currently 0.20+ a week) from spending a little time here and there on the forums.

I'm tired of having issues trading successfully at simple bitstamp prices with even offering escrow, from issues arising from the above accusation of being a scammer. That is why I want the account, not to scam.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: