Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:13:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mid term projections  (Read 780 times)
3eme (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 04:37:26 PM

It seems we have returned to the mean, but where will the price be in a couple of years? We are all fascinated by this question, by my estimates based on the past two years growth, I predict we can expect $2k in roughly 2 years and 2 months time. I have used the growth in USD transactions as a basis for the extrapolations in the chart. The price is extracted by dividing USD transactions by 200000, (many thanks to joe200 for this method)

In this maturing market it is clear we have continued network growth despite the falling price, however the price growth is not as rapid as in years past since it at these prices it is far harder to move the market.

One important aspect I have not factored into this extrapolation is the halving in 2016, perhaps we'll see fireworks from this but I'd rather be conservative in my estimates.

https://i.imgur.com/1HlBCG3.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jaredboice

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 07:39:36 PM

2k in 2 years is extremely conservative IMO. We should be between $5k and $25k at the very least by that time frame.
2k in 2 years assumes that 2015 will be a bearish year or stagnant at best. I can't see how that could be at this point with less than 21 Million of these puppies available to an interconnected planet
3eme (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 08:04:09 PM

I like your optimism! I think 5k is a good figure for another rally high, but judging by the growth we've seen these past 2 years it seems that baseline growth isnt as fast paced as at once was. You can see that on the line i drew there on the graph. Of course I hope I'm wrong haha
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 09:19:18 PM

2k in 2 years is extremely conservative IMO. We should be between $5k and $25k at the very least by that time frame.
2k in 2 years assumes that 2015 will be a bearish year or stagnant at best. I can't see how that could be at this point with less than 21 Million of these puppies available to an interconnected planet

$2K extremely conservative? I think that's too high.

We might be lucky if we hit $1000 again in 2 years.
riiiiising

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 09:30:06 PM

And there are only 21 million BTCeanie BTCabies out there as well, yet they're not worth 25k each. Why should bitcoin be any different?

...Oh right, in 2015 for some inexplicable reason, the entire world is going to rush in to buy them all. Good luck with that!  Cheesy

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
Trolololo

Activity: 263
Merit: 280

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 09:40:51 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2014, 09:51:45 PM by Trolololo

Market price makes its own way.

A bearish 2015, breaking 275 and bottoming over $100, is perfectly possible; and healthy to drive the price over 10k.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 10:03:08 PM

A bearish 2015, breaking 275 and bottoming over $100, is perfectly possible; and healthy to drive the price over 10k.

I love how you are here because you want to get rich off bitcoin. But expect the market to dump down to levels to allow you buy in before exploding into the stratosphere! Smiley
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 11:09:00 PM

I love how you are here because you want to get rich off bitcoin. But expect the market to dump down to levels to allow you buy in before exploding into the stratosphere! Smiley

... But instead will sit and watch the rising price, waiting for the "real" bottom that never came, eventually once we approach the previous ATH will decide that they are going to cut their loose and buy the next dip. The dip never comes instead the price extends gains daily, the previous ATH is smashed through price goes exponential they end up buying in at 5k on the way up new ATH comes at 6k then we crash to $1500...

Hehe

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 11:32:48 PM

... But instead will sit and watch the rising price, waiting for the "real" bottom that never came, eventually once we approach the previous ATH will decide that they are going to cut their loose and buy the next dip. The dip never comes instead the price extends gains daily, the previous ATH is smashed through price goes exponential they end up buying in at 5k on the way up new ATH comes at 6k then we crash to $1500...

Hehe

Sounds about right. Just need to work on timing now.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 11:47:08 PM

I'd be happy if general usage keeps increasing.
I don't see round after round of huge speculation and boom and bust helping the long term future, increasing the user base would though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: