Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:27:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warren Buffet saids: “Stay Away From Bitcoin”  (Read 13936 times)
H_H

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 03:03:08 PM

Just because he has been mostly right so far, does not mean he will be right forever. He is only human and no mortal can predict the future

I disagree a few humans have accurately predicted the future

Buffet is the prophet of Omaha to many

Let's see

Nostradamus
Edgar Cayce
Cheiro

Lot's of science fiction writers

There's the guy that put out a video on youtube, drew a line over asia and said three planes would crash on the line, within months 3 planes crashed on his energy line

Same guy said he has the quake algorithm, he put up another youtube video and said 13 days after passover major historic quake killing thousands and sure enough 13 days after passover the Nepal Quake hit

Are 'prophets' always right?

No

But some sure have amazing hits

Derrike

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 03:10:54 PM

Yup I also completely disagree with what the OP said.
Warren buffet is clearing his way to more riches as may be he is hoarding Bitcoin in secret and don't want someone bigger to get in his way, so basically it's his strategy.
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 02:01:12 AM

I really think that Warren Buffet is financial genius but this doesn't mean that he is expert in everything.
Maybe he don't like revolutionary, free concept behind bitcoin, decentralization, no banks involved etc.
ransomer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 02:39:05 AM

I'm sure there have been MANY great and very successful innovative tech firms that Warren 'stayed away from'.

Was he a big shareholder early of Facebook, Google, Apple etc?

Just let him do well on industries he understands..like Coca Cola.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 10:14:53 AM

I really think that Warren Buffet is financial genius but this doesn't mean that he is expert in everything.
Maybe he don't like revolutionary, free concept behind bitcoin, decentralization, no banks involved etc.
He has self admitted several times that he doesn't understand technology, that's why most of his picks aren't technology related. He's got a lot of VISA shares and made a killing tho. It's sad he cant see Bitcoin's potential.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 10:29:14 AM

Yup by saying us to stay away from Bitcoin he is diverting our mind more towards Bitcoin.
I think he is just clearing his way into Bitcoin.

bitcollins85

Activity: 235

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:29:07 PM

Warren Buffett has likened Bitcoin to a "check", a "way to move money around".
He is a brilliant traditional investor, but insomuch as Bitcoin is concerned he has no idea what is about to happen, or what has happened.
usairx

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:33:58 PM

He could easily buy a bunch of them and pump the shit out of the market. The fact that he chooses not to do this means he thinks the platform has no future.
bitcollins85

Activity: 235

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:43:05 PM

He could easily buy a bunch of them and pump the shit out of the market. The fact that he chooses not to do this means he thinks the platform has no future.
Yeah, he's no dimwit, whatever else we might think of him. I own some Bitcoin, I follow it and I want it to change the world but it might not and I might lose my money. I think I'm pretty likely to. It's risky. Buffett is strongly risk-averse.
Arcteryx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:46:41 PM

Don't you know old people are afraid of change? If it works don't fix it mentality. Unfortunately he does not see the financial system as broken. Being rich and famous the monetary system as it stands doesn't really affect him as the saying goes "The rich get richer and the poor gets walked all over by them."

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:48:33 PM

He's a value investor, not a speculator and that's all Bitcoin is right now. If you throw in his aversion to tech on top and his public vow to never invest in something he doesn't understand, he's being fully consistent and outed himself as someone whose opinion isn't relevant on this subject.
bobc1994

Activity: 269

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 11:28:59 PM

Buffet has made a lot of money investing, but that doesn't mean he's infallible
http://www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/0210/buffetts-biggest-mistakes.aspx

misterycoins

Activity: 249

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:52:27 PM

Buffet has made a lot of money investing, but that doesn't mean he's infallible
http://www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/0210/buffetts-biggest-mistakes.aspx
exactly Buffet is not an "oracle." Just because he says something it doesn't mean he's right. Thus, his opinion on bitcoin is just that: an opinion. And since Buffet is fallible
Coins168

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:46:14 AM

listen to the old man, stay away from bitcoin and sell them low... so he can buy them all  Grin
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:49:05 AM

listen to the old man, stay away from bitcoin and sell them low... so he can buy them all  Grin

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read the title. After all, he didn't make his billions by announcing what he was doing ahead of time to everyone.
ticoti

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:52:25 AM

I think warren buffet will change its mind the same way that bill gates has done it when he realised of the bitcoin potential
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 02:24:10 AM

I think warren buffet will change its mind the same way that bill gates has done it when he realised of the bitcoin potential

Yes, once he has bought as much as he can sub $300 he will suddenly have a change of heart. Wink
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:25:29 AM

Is this the real Warren Buffet?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=318236

I hope not.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:30:07 AM

Is this the real Warren Buffet?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=318236

I hope not.

No he isnt lol because that guy(BTCtalk one) seems to know much about Cloudmining sites! Why would real Warren Buffet even care about cloud mining ponzis? Cheesy

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:17:55 PM

Yes, once he has bought as much as he can sub $300 he will suddenly have a change of heart. Wink

I think we can safely assume he doesn't give the remotest shit about crypto and never will.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: